Tag Archives: Meryl Streep
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2019 film adaptation of “Little Women“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 7th via Sony. The film, directed by Greta Gerwig and nominated for 6 Academy Awards, starred Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlen, Laura Dern, Timothée Chalamet, Chris Cooper, and Meryl Streep. At the time of writing this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the DVD counterpart included along with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc is available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A New Generation of Little Women: The superb cast recreated the beloved world of the March family with realism, humor and vulnerability
- Making a Modern Classic: The film combines its modern elements—kinetic camerawork and overlapping dialogue—with the historically authentic bespoke costumes, sets and locations
- Greta Gerwig: Women Making Art: Go behind the camera with Writer/Director Greta Gerwig, discover her process and how she applied her own style to the story
- Hair & Make-Up Test Sequence: A lovely showcase featuring the outstanding costumes, hair and make-up crafted for the film
- Little Women Behind the Scenes: Take a quick look behind the scenes on the set of LITTLE WOMEN
- Orchard House, Home of Louisa May Alcott: Find out more about Louisa May Alcott and visit the real-life Orchard House in Concord, MA
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film.
The 1978 Academy Award-winning film “The Deer Hunter“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 26th via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). It’s worth noting that this will mark the first feature-film 4K release for the distributor and more on that a bit later. This film was the winner of 5 Oscars (Academy Awards) including Best Picture and was directed by Michael Cimino. It starred Robert De Niro, John Cazale, John Savage, Meryl Streep, and Christopher Walken. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been announced, as they are still in production, but stay tuned for a later update. UPDATE: The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. You can also preorder it directly via Shout! Factory’s website and get a bonus. Stay tuned for an update when more retailers list this title for preorder. I’m also happy to report that Justin Beahm of Reverend Entertainment has announced today that he will be producing (working on new bonus materials) for this release. That’s all of the info regarding the release we know for now but there will definitely be an update later in the coming months.
EDITORIAL NOTE: I’m very excited to see the folks over at Shout! Factory finally doing a feature-length (non-IMAX) 4K physical release. I, like most of you, look forward to seeing what they do here with this proven format, given their amazing record of work with 4K restorations that they have released on the Blu-ray format. This is a very important thing to see a distributor like this continue to back the physical 4K format and we all should be thankful and, of course, we are all eager to see if this will eventually include titles from Scream Factory as well someday. This being said, the state of physical media is strong tonight as I type this and should be in the foreseeable future.
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.