Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1993 film “In the Line of Fire” starring Clint Eastwood is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 15th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, according to a retailer listing. The film, directed by Wolfgang Petersen, co-starred John Malkovich, Rene Russo, Dylan McDermott, Gary Cole, and the late Fred Thompson.
UPDATE: The title has now officially been announced by Sony. Tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K video presentation, via a new 4K remaster from the original camera negative, in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will also come with the original theatrical sound mixes via 5.1 surround sound and 2.0 stereo sound mixes in the DTS-HD Master Audio lossless format. There will not be a Blu-ray Disc included with this release, initially, and instead, only a digital code (copy) of the film will be included — as quoted from the press release below.
“This 4K UHD release does not include a Blu-ray™ and only includes digital for a limited time”
Bonus materials will be included on the 4K disc and consist of the following listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Wolfgang Petersen
- 5 Deleted Scenes
- “The Ultimate Sacrifice” Featurette
- “Catching the Counterfeiters” Featurette
- “How’d They Do That” Featurette
- “Behind the Scenes with the Secret Service” Featurette
- Theatrical Teaser
You can now find that there is a preorder listing available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Amazon.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming 4K physical release of the film.
The 2018 Peter Berg directed film “Mile 22“ starring Mark Wahlberg is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The Blu-ray will come as a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed. The film co-stars Lauren Cohan, John Malkovich, Iko Uwais, Carlo Alban, Natasha Goubskaya, and Ronda Rousey.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced by the studio. Tech specs for this release will include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Overwatch: Follow the “Overwatch”, the para-military division in Mile 22, and explore the background and inspiration as to why this type of team was chosen for the film.
- Introducing Iko: A spotlight on world-renowned action star Iko Uwais and his experience with combat fighting, stunt work and choreographing his own scenes in the film.
- Iko Fight: Interview with Iko Uwais discussing his intense fight scenes from the practice room to the final shot.
- Bad Ass Women: A behind-the-scenes look with stars Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey along with writer Lea Carpenter, discussing stunts, intellectual smarts and the overall tenacity of the film’s female characters.
- BTS Stunts: An in-depth take on the creation of the action-packed stunts of Mile 22 with commentary from Director Peter Berg and the film’s stars.
- Modern Combat: Explore the concept of modern action cinema, where scenes are created and shot in real time with multiple cameras, mesmerizing cinematography and intense action stunts.
- Colombia: Take a tour Bogota, Colombia with the cast and filmmakers discussing key filming location points.
There is no mention or any indication that a 4K UHD Blu-ray version is coming stateside from this bit of news. However, it is worth noting that an Australian retailer (EZYDVD.au) is listing the title on 4K UHD Blu-ray for pre-order with a November release date (a tad bit further off than stateside). This is worth noting, even if a 4K version doesn’t get released stateside, as ALL 4K UHD Blu-ray titles are REGION FREE – meaning they will play anywhere in the world, unlike Blu-ray and DVD (which a region locked). Stay tuned for further details as this title should be getting officially announced soon by the studio. Perhaps soon we will know if or if not a 4K version will be released here in the United States.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
The 2006 Terry Zwigoff directed film “Art School Confidential” starring Max Minghella is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 9th via MVD, in their “MVD Rewind Collection.” Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video and 5.1 sound, although not yet fully detailed as to what aspect ratio (presumably the original 1.85:1) and sound format. Stay tuned for an update on that, as well as on official cover art (as what is pictured above, is just the DVD art cropped). The film co-stars: Sophia Myles, John Malkovich, Ethan Suplee, Matt Keeslar, Joel David Moore, Angelica Huston, Jim Broadbent, Nick Swardson, Adam Scott, and Scoot McNairy. The Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials, supposedly, said to be included on the release are listed below.
- Making of Art School Confidential
- Deleted Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Sundance Featurette
- Original Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement.