Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “The Last Duel” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on December 14th, via 20th Century Studios (Disney). The film, directed by Ridley Scott, stars Matt Damon, Adam Driver, Jodie Comer, Harriet Walter, and Ben Affleck. At the time of writing, it is certainly worth noting that this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart included.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases of the film are listed below.
- The Making of The Last Duel – With the documentary “The Making of The Last Duel,” get unprecedented access to renowned director Ridley Scott as he collaborates with the cast and crew to make critical decisions about location, cinematography and performances.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Free Guy” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 12th via 20th Century Studios (Disney). The film, directed by Shawn Levy, stars Ryan Reynolds, Jodie Comer, Lil Rel Howery, Joe Keery, and Taika Waititi.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. The Blu-ray will also include a digital code.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available of the film over at retailer Best Buy as an exclusive (pictured below). That also is now available for preorder.
In addition to the aforementioned releases, there will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray exclusive “art edition” available over at retailer Target (pictured below). That version is available now for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the physical releases on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Guy and Buddy Hit the Beach
- Hot Nuts Gets Blown
- NPC Rally (Extended)
- Gag Reel
- Dude vs. Guy – Join Ryan Reynolds, director Shawn Levy and the creative and stunt teams as they reveal the innovative process of creating “Free Guy”’s ultimate showdown between Guy and the wildly amped-up, spray-tanned, frosted-tipped version of himself known as Dude.
- Creating Molotovgirl – Jodie Comer transforms from a brilliant programmer to her fierce avatar in “Free Guy.” Watch as the award-winning action star and filmmakers deconstruct the conceptualization, evolution and execution of bringing Molotovgirl to life.
- It’s Taika’s World – “Free Guy”’s outrageous action may exist in a virtual world, but Taika Waititi makes the real world just as crazy with the over-the-top Antwan. See him at work in this entertaining showcase of a genuinely talented and hilarious performer.
- Welcome to Free City – Delve into the reality-skewing universe that is Free City, as revealed by director Shawn Levy, the cast, and its inventive creative teams. Find out how they transformed a real metropolis into a virtual playground where anything is possible.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video release of this film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The TV series “Killing Eve: Season 3“ is coming to Blu-ray on September 15th, via Image Entertainment, according to an early retailer listing. The show, which airs on BBC America and AMC, created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, stars Jodie Comer and Sandra Oh. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed. You can now find this Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon.
Lastly, it is certainly worth mentioning here that this would be the first season of the show that isn’t released directly by BBC Studios if indeed Image Entertainment is distributing this. Based on the cover art, this could be true and not a typo in the listing, but I’ll be looking and making sure this is in fact true regarding the distributor — as other retailers start to list this. Stay tuned for updates.
The BBC America TV series “Killing Eve: Season Two“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 18th via BBC Studios. The show, created by Phoebe Waller-Bridge, stars Sandra Oh, Jodie Comer, Fiona Shaw, Kim Bodnia, and Owen McDonnell. Tech specs for the release have not yet officially been detailed but you likely can expect 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound – just as with the first season. You can find the Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. The 2-disc set will include the following bonus materials.
- Killing Eve characters Eve, Villanelle, and Carolyn
- The closet of Killing Eve’s costume designer
- Filming on location
- Bringing the script to the screen
- New characters
Further below, after the break, you can find the entire officially announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.