The 2019 film “The Aftermath“ starring Keira Knightley is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 25th via Fox. The film, directed by James Kent, co-stars Alexander Skarsgard and Jason Clarke. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and a digital copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below
- Deleted Scenes with optional commentary by Director, James Kent
- VFX Progressions with optional commentary by Director, James Kent
- First Look
- Feature Audio Commentary by Director James Kent
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2019 version of “Pet Sematary” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on July 9th via Paramount. The film, based on the Stephen King novel, was directed by Kevin Kölsch and Dennis Widmyer, and it features a cast of Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, and Jeté Laurence. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital copy of the film included on each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, there will be an Exclusive 4K Steelbook of the film available there, and it’s now available to pre-order. There will also be a 2-Movie Collection with the original 1989 film and this new 2019 version of the film, available on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc and already up for pre-order on Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Alternate Ending
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Night Terrors – Family Haunting Visions
- The Tale of Timmy Baterman
- Beyond the Deadfall
- Chapter One: Resurrection – Directors, screenwriters and cast discuss bringing this classic back to life
- Chapter Two: The Final Resting Place—A deeper look into finding the right location for the terror to unfold
- Chapter Three: The Road to Sorrow— Inside the film’s tragic themes and creating the iconic cat “Church”
- Chapter Four: Death Comes home—Unearth the creepy elements behind the climax and final scenes of the film
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook that will be exclusive to Best Buy as well as the art for the Blu-ray Disc release, and the full announcement about the upcoming releases of this film.
The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. This tells the story of NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, features a supporting cast of Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Christopher Abbott, and Ciarán Hinds.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-100). Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-50). Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a Digital Copy on each. You can pre-order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
RUMOR: The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is apparently coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal – according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, co-stars Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Patrick Fugit, and Christopher Abbott. The tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not yet been detailed, as this is just a rumor at this point, but stay tuned for updates. It is known (from the artwork) that the releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film. PRE-ORDER listings are available for 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon and Best Buy. As with all rumors, take this with a “grain of salt” so-to-speak until the title is officially announced by the studio (Universal).