Tag Archives: HDR
Universal has finally unveiled the official photos and details for that “Limited Edition” box set of “The Big Lebowski” on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and it’s quite the sight to behold. The Dude would abide. The set will include (as pictured above) a collectible bag, a bowling ball pencil holder, a polishing cloth (rug) and sweater packaging (to hold the 4K release). “The Big Lebowski 20th Anniversary Limited Edition“ set, slated for an October 16th release, is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon – priced more affordably than you’d expect. Go have a look for yourself, and see.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray releases include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS: X sound. No new bonus materials are slated to be included on either this version, or the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray release. For more information on the release and such refer to our previous news story, that came from a rumor that turned out to be true. That’s where some of you have may have seen this packaging (or similar) from: the Italian import available that spawned the rumor. Further below, after the break, you can find even more photos of this box set.
The 2018 sequel “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both released will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both releases including a Digital Copy of the film. The film is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “From Film to Franchise: Continuing the Story”
- “An Act of War: Making Sicario: Day of the Soldado”
- “The Assassin and the Soldier: The Cast & Characters”
It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy is showing that they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and that the release date is earlier: September 25th. I don’t know if this means that they’ll be getting the title a week early or that they’ve just not updated their PRE-ORDER listing for the Steelbook. Just realize the release date could actually be October 2nd, as it should be.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and the official announcement for this release.
The 2014 DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Assault on Arkham“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on September 11th via Warner. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K version is available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. The 4K release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray (with nothing new), and are listed below.
- Audio Commentary
- The Joker’s Queen: Harley Quinn
- Arkham Analyzed: The Secrets Behind the Asylum
- Justice League: Throne of Atlantis Sneak Peek
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Justice League Unlimited, “Task Force X”
- Young Justice, “Infiltrator”
- Batman: The Brave the Bold, “Emperor Joker”
- The Batman, “Two of a Kind”
It’s also worth noting to fans that another DC Universe animated movie, “Batman: The Killing Joke“, will be released the same day. Finally, below after the break you can find the original trailer for the film.
The 2015 DC Universe animated film “Justice League: Throne of Atlantis” is going to be released on 4K UHD Blu-ray (for the first time) and will also re-released on Blu-ray Disc in a “Commemorative Edition” on November 13th by Warner.
Tech specs for the 4K release will include full 2160p with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range, while audio format and configuration have yet to be detailed. Tech specs for the Blu-ray re-release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio, again with audio format and configuration yet to be detailed. If it’s any indication, the previous Blu-ray (released back in 2015) included DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The new “Commemorative Edition” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both including a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on this new “Commemorative Edition” include an all-new featurette, an all-new audio commentary, and gets all the original bonus from the previous Blu-ray (ported over), which are listed below.
- “Aquaman: The New King” (NEW featurette) – An immersive look at Arthur Curry’s evolution from guardian of the ocean to the King of Atlantis and key member of the Justice League.
- Audio Commentary (NEW) – Renowned former DC Editor and current Creative Director of Animation Mike Carlin, Creative Director of Animation, and Throne of Atlantis screenwriter Heath Corson share their insights into the legend of Aquaman.
- “Scoring Atlantis: The Sound of the Deep” (Featurette) – Every great film needs a great musical score. Filled with emotion, music takes us on a dynamic journey as we adventure with the hero. Throne of Atlantis takes us on that quest through the eyes of Arthur Curry.
- Robin and Nightwing Bonus Sequence – Producer James Tucker provides video commentary for this exciting bonus sequence where Robin and Nightwing join forces.
- Throne of Atlantis: 2014 New York Comic Con Panel – The entire, lively one-hour panel discussion between actor Matt Lanter, producer James Tucker, screenwriter Heath Corson, character designer Phil Bourassa and dialogue director Andrea Romano.
- “Villains of the Deep” (Featurette) – From Ocean Master to Black Manta to King Shark, each villain operates from his own deep sense of conviction, presenting an incredible challenge for the hero in Arthur Curry, aka Aquaman. This documentary goes into the biographical details of the villains.
- A Sneak Peek at “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- A Sneak Peek at “Reign of the Supermen” – An exciting look at the new film which brings the epic and emotional story of a world without the Man of Steel to life.
- Bonus cartoons from the DC Comics Vault:
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Aquaman’s Outrageous Adventure!”
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold, “Evil Under the Sea!”
- Aquaman, “Menace of The Black Manta” and “The Rampaging Reptile-Men”
- Justice League Unlimited, “Far from Home”
Further below after the break you’ll find the trailer for this new “Commemorative Edition” re-release on 4K and Blu-ray, as well as the official announcement.
The 2018 film “Uncle Drew” starring Kyrie Irving is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 25th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Charles Stone III, co-stars Mike Epps, J.B. Smoove, Lil Rel Howery, Shaquille O’Neal, Tiffany Haddish, Erica Ash, and Nick Kroll. It, at time of writing, carries a 65% rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the release on 4K UHD Blu-ray include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR 10 forms of High Dynamic Range, and Dolby Atmos sound.
It’s available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon in both formats. It’s also worth noting that Amazon carries a listing for a special version of the Blu-ray release with a Hat – pictured on the listing. The Blu-ray will include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack”, with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on both versions of the release are listed below.
- DEAR DREW Animated Short
- 7 Deleted Scenes
- “Who is Uncle Drew? The Making of a Basketball Icon” Featurette
- “Youngbloods of Comedy” Featurette
- “Bucket Seats & Boom Boom Rooms: Uncle Drew’s Van” Featurette
- Enhanced Audio Commentary with Director Charles Stone III
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and official announcement for this release.
The first three films in “The Fast and the Furious“ franchise are coming out INDIVIDUALLY to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 2nd via Universal, it appears, according to early retail listings. This set of releases includes the following films:
- “The Fast and the Furious“ (2001)
- “2 Fast 2 Furious“ (2003)
- “The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift“ (2006)
Tech specs for the releases will include 2160p 4K video with the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. Bonus materials appear to be identical to those found on the previous Blu-ray Disc releases. I’ll be updating this news story more throughout the day with cover art and such. For now I just wanted to get this news out to our readers that don’t use (or follow us on) social media.
You can find the three films now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. So far only two films are lacking, the fourth and fifth films. Considering the cover art features numbering, those films should definitely be coming out sooner or later. You might even see a box set of the 4K titles as well, possibly later this year. Stay tuned for further updates.