Tag Archives: Griffin Dunne
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1981 film “An American Werewolf in London“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a Limited Edition box set on March 15th, 2022 via Arrow Video. The film, written & directed by John Landis, starred David Naughton and Griffin Dunne.
This includes a new 4K restoration from the original camera negative. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound and an uncompressed Mono 1.0 sound mix.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release and a list of the physical extras set to be included are detailed below.
- Audio commentary by Beware the Moon filmmaker Paul Davis
- Audio commentary by actors David Naughton and Griffin Dunne
- Mark of The Beast: The Legacy of the Universal Werewolf, a feature-length documentary by filmmaker Daniel Griffith, featuring interviews with John Landis, David Naughton, Joe Dante and more
- An American Filmmaker in London, an interview with John Landis in which he reflects on British cinema and his time working in Britain
- I Think He’s a Jew: The Werewolf’s Secret, a video essay by filmmaker Jon Spira (Elstree 1976) about how Landis’ film explores Jewish identity
- The Werewolf’s Call, Corin Hardy, director of The Hallow and The Nun, chats with writer Simon Ward about their formative experiences with Landis’ film
- Wares of the Wolf, a featurette in which SFX artist Dan Martin and Tim Lawes of Prop Store look at some of the original costumes and special effects artefacts from the film
- Beware the Moon, Paul Davis’ acclaimed, feature-length exploration of Landis’ film which boasts extensive cast and crew interviews
- An American Werewolf in Bob’s Basement and Causing a Disturbance: Piccadilly Revisited, two 2008 featurettes filmed by Paul Davis
- Making An American Werewolf in London, a short archival featurette on the film’s production
- An Interview with John Landis, a lengthy archival interview with the director about the film
- Make-up Artist Rick Baker on An American Werewolf in London, the legendary make-up artist discusses his work on the film
- I Walked with a Werewolf, an archival interview with Rick Baker about Universal horror and its legacy of Wolfman films
- Casting of the Hand, archival footage from Rick Baker’s workshop showing the casting of David Naughton’s hand
- Storyboards featurette
- Original trailer and teaser plus TV and radio spots
- Extensive image gallery featuring over 200 stills, posters and other ephemera
- Reversible sleeve featuring original poster art and artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Double-sided fold-out poster
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproductions
- Limited edition 60-page, perfect-bound book featuring new writing by Craig Ian Mann and Simon Ward, archival articles and original reviews
The 1981 John Landis film “An American Werewolf in London“ will be getting a Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc box set release from Arrow Video on October 29th. The film starred David Naughton and Griffin Dunne. This limited edition set will include a “new 2018 4K restoration from the original camera negative supervised by John Landis.” Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with the original uncompressed Linear PCM Mono 1.0 and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. UPDATE: Arrow’s Limited Edition Blu-ray can now be found for pre-order over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release will come in the form of some physical extras (pictured below) as well as with some new content which is listed further below, after the break.