The 2019 DC Universe Movie “Wonder Woman: Bloodlines” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Warner. The film, directed by Justin Copeland and Sam Liu, features the voice talents of Rosario Dawson (as “Wonder Woman”), Marie Avgeropoulos, Jeffrey Donovan, Adrienne C. Moore, Kimberly Brooks, Courtenay Taylor, Constance Zimmer, and Michael Dorn. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been fully detailed. You can, however, visually expect the 4K to come with HDR10 form of HDR (high dynamic range) and 1080p HD video on Blu-ray. Both should be in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and receive lossless surround sound mixes. Stay tuned for an update on the exact tech specs for the releases. One can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. It’s certainly worth noting that you can watch the trailer for the film HERE (on YouTube). Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Death (Animated Short) – Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonard Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The voice cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.
- The Cheetah: Ferocious Archenemy (New Featurette) – Ferocious. Clever. Deadly. It’s the thrill of the hunt and the prey is Wonder Woman. This is the story of The Cheetah, Diana’s greatest enemy.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Red Son – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
BREAKING NEWS: announced at San Diego Comic-Con
The 1999 animated TV series “Batman Beyond” is getting a “Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Deluxe Limited Edition)“ Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Warner. The 6-disc set will include all 52 episodes, spanning across three seasons from 1999 through 2001. Out of those 52 episodes, it has been said that “41 have been fully-remastered from either their original 35mm film source or the uncommon format “OCND,” the original camera negative digital (a digital scan of original negative).” The release will also include the 2000 animated feature-length film “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” in a Director’s Cut that has been fully remastered. The exact tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect 1080p HD video in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Stay tuned for more info regarding the sound configuration and format that the episodes and film will be presented in.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order listing for this Blu-ray set over at Amazon as well as directly over at WBShop. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set be included on this release, in addition to the exclusive Funko Pop! figurine, after a nice look at the contents of the set.
- Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Many of Batman Beyond’s core production team and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animated series. Join producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
- Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight’s 80 years of crime-fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.
- “Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.
- Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
- Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.
HERE you can find a video on YouTube (via IGN), shown today exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. This promotional clip shows side-by-side comparisons of the original footage and this newly restored footage from the episodes.
Further below, after the break, you can find some further information about this upcoming Blu-ray set from a press release issued earlier today.
The DC Universe original TV series “Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Warner. The show stars Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, Alan Tudyk, Matt Bomer, and Brendan Fraser. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound spanning across a 2-disc set. The release will come with a digital copy of the first season of the show. UPDATE: the Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2019 DC film “Shazam!” starring Zachary Levi is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, Blu-ray Disc, and Blu-ray 3D formats on July 16th via Warner, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by David F. Sandberg, co-starred Mark Strong, Asher Angel, Jack Dylan Grazer, Adam Brody, Djimon Hounsou, and Meagan Good. The film has received much critic-acclaim during its theatrical run, in fact, it is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release(s) include 1080p video and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 surround. All three releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray will be getting a DVD, the Blu-ray 3D will be getting standard 2D Blu-ray, and a digital copy of the film will be included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Shazam Exclusive Motion Comic
- The Magical World of Shazam
- Super Fun Zac
- Carnival Scene Study
- Shazamily Values
- Who is Shazam?
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are also listed for pre-order now over at retailer Target, featuring some different artwork. UPDATE #2: There’s a 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook coming as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which you can now find available for pre-order.
NOTE: The Blu-ray 3D release is listed to be coming stateside directly over at Warner’s WBShop and in the UK over at retailer Zavvi. There’s no word yet if it will be coming to other retailers stateside, as it doesn’t have a listing over at Amazon or at any other retailers.
The DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Hush” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Warner. The animated film, based on the graphic novel (of the same title) written by Jeph Loeb, was directed by Justin Copeland and it features a voice cast of Jason O’Mara, Peyton List, Peyton List, Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Morrison, Rainn Wilson, Jerry O’Connell, Tara Strong, Vanessa Williams, and Jason Spisak. Tech specs for the release have not been fully detailed but it has been obviously mentioned (in the press release) that the 4K will include HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range. Both films should receive 5.1 lossless mixes, likely in the DTS-HD Master Audio format, although that has not yet been confirmed. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. The release will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both getting a digital copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Sgt. Rock (Animated Short) – From executive producer and director Bruce Timm comes the first new DC Showcase animated short since 2011’s Catwoman, bringing DC Comics’ gritty World War II hero to animated life in an all-new adventure.
- Batman: Love in Time of War (Featurette) – Dangerous. Seductive. Villain. Hero. This is the story of Selina Kyle and the relationship she has forged with the world’s greatest detective.
- Audio Commentary – Executive Producer James Tucker, Director Justin Copeland and screenwriter Ernie Altbacker share their thoughts and insights on Batman: Hush.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault:
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “The Underworld Underground Caper”
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “Partners in Peril”
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement with further details regarding the upcoming releases of the film and its trailer.
The DC live-action TV series “Titans: The Complete First Season“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on July 16th via Warner. The show, as seen on the CW and DC Universe, features a cast of Teagan Croft, Brenton Thwaites, Anna Diop, Ryan Potter, Alan Ritchson, Minka Kelly, Curran Walters, and Rachel Nichols. Tech specs for the Blu-ray set include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, spanning across two BD-50 discs. The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. A digital copy of all 11 episodes in the season will be included. Bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release are listed below.
- Raven and Robin Dark Rebirth
- The Story of Titans
- The Characters of Titans
- The Making of Titans
- Dick Grayson’s and Rachel Roth’s Dark Past
- A Look at Vigilantes Hawk and Dove
- The Identity of Titans Kory Anders/Starfire
- Gar Logan’s Journey
- Rachel’s Powers
- The Doom Patrol Meets the Titans.
- Jason Todd’s Robin
- From Comic to Live-Action Adventure
- Meet Wonder Girl
- Dick Grayson’s Dark Past
- World of Super Heroes and Vigilantes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement for this upcoming release.
Warner today has officially announced plans to bring the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher directed original four live-action Batman films to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 4th. These films include “Batman“ (1989), “Batman Returns“ (1992), “Batman Forever“ (1995), and “Batman & Robin“ (1997). The films will first get individual releases and then be released in a box set called “Batman Anthology” on 4K a tad bit later in the year (9/17). All four films are said to have been restored after they received new 4K scans of the original camera negatives. Tech specs for the releases will include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound for each film. No further details have yet been announced regarding the releases. They will each include newly remastered versions of the films on Blu-ray Disc and digital copies – likely compatible with Movies Anywhere. The bonus materials will be the same as previously included on Blu-ray for each film.
UPDATE / PRE-ORDERS: You can pre-order the films over at Amazon. Just click on the titles of the films above for links. Best Buy now has these also for pre-order. They only seem to work if you click the yellow “Pre-order” button beside each and will add to your cart. Their individual pages, however, will not load yet – at Best Buy. You can find the Batman Anthology box set already available to pre-order over at Warner’s WBShop. WBShop also has each film available to pre-order and here are the individual links: Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever / Batman & Robin. Lastly, the retailer Barnes & Noble has the box set and all four films available to pre-order as well.
EDITOR NOTE: Honestly, it’s a true shame that the cover art for these films is this boring. Fans are not liking it one bit on social media and perhaps Warner should have considered just using the original poster art instead.
RUMOR: the DC Extended Universe film “Aquaman” starring Jason Momoa appears to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on (or around) March 26th via Warner. This comes from the placement amongst other upcoming titles on a certain retailer. The film, directed by James Wan, co-stars Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Temuera Morrison, and Ludi Lin.
The tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not at all been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update. It is known that both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K UHD Blu-ray getting a Blu-ray Disc included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both will include a Digital Copy of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Lastly, it is known that Best Buy will be getting an exclusive Steelbook for both versions of the film (on 4K and Blu-ray) which you can find pictured below.
Thanks to our own SpoilerFreeMike for finding this image on Reddit.
Warner has just announced that they have produced more than expected of the upcoming “Batman: The Complete Animated Series – Deluxe Limited Edition“ set on Blu-ray Disc coming out next week, on October 30th. They new have produced a total of 70,000 units of this limited edition. This ramp up in production of units was to meet the demand of how popular this release has become. You can still find a PRE-ORDER for this set over at Amazon – so act fast! Below, after the break, you can find some still shots from the newly restored footage along with the official announcement from Warner regarding this news update.
The 1978 Richard Donner directed film “Superman: The Movie“ starring Christopher Reeve is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th via Warner. The film co-starred Margot Kidder, Gene Hackman, Ned Beatty, Jackie Cooper, and Marlon Brando. Tech specs for the release include 2160p 4K video in the 2.4:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. It is said that this comes from a new 4K MASTER from the original film print.
It is also available to PRE-ORDER directly from Warner at their WBShop. This title had been rumored for months and it’s great to see it finally getting officially announced and a release date. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Pierre Spengler and Ilya Salkind (on both 4K and Blu-ray)
- The Making of Superman: The Movie 1978 TV Special
- Superman and the Mole-Men
- Theatrical Trailers
- TV Spot