Tag Archives: DC Comics
Amazon Commissions Earned
The DC Universe Movie “Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 10th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The animated film was directed by Chris Palmer and features the voice talents of Jensen Ackles (“Batman/Bruce Wayne”), Naya Rivera (“Catwoman/Selina Kyle”), Josh Duhamel (“Harvey Dent/Two-Face”), Billy Burke (“Commissioner James Gordon”), Katee Sackhoff (“Poison Ivy”), Titus Welliver (“Carmine Falcone”), Julie Nathanson (“Gilda Dent”), David Dastmalchian (“Calendar Man” & “The Penguin”), Troy Baker (“The Joker”), Amy Landecker (“Barbara Gordon”), Fred Tatasciore (“Solomon Grundy”), and Alastair Duncan (“Alfred”).
The film is a continuation of Part One, which will be released in June on the Blu-ray format, as well. There will be a later 2022 release on 4K UHD Blu-ray of both parts of this animated film. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release of Part Two include a 1080p HD presentation with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. Also, if Part One is any indication, you should likely be getting a Blu-ray SteelBook release over at Best Buy. However, that’s not yet been confirmed or is listed but stay tuned.
The Blu-ray release of Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two will come with the following bonus materials.
- DC Showcase – Blue Beetle (New Animated Short) – Sufferin’ Scarabs! Silver Age Blue Beetle is back! And, had he ever starred in a 1960s Saturday-morning limited-animation cartoon with its own jazzy earworm of a theme song, it would have been just like this! Welcome to the adventures of Ted Kord, alias the Blue Beetle, as he teams up with fellow Super Heroes Captain Atom, The Question and Nightshade to battle that nefarious finagler of feelings, Doctor Spectro.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Animated Movie – An advanced look at Injustice.
- DC Universe Movies Flashback
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Part 2
- Batman: Hush
- From the DC Vault
- Batman: The Animated Series – “Two-Face, Part 1”
- Batman: The Animated Series – “Two-Face, Part 2”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film (just released today) and the full announcement regarding the home video release of Part Two.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The latest DC Universe Movie, the 2021 film “Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 22nd via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. This story will be split up into two parts, with “Part Two” planned for a later release. Part One was directed by Chris Palmer and it features the voice talents of Jensen Ackles (Batman / Bruce Wayne), Naya Rivera (Catwoman/Selina Kyle), Josh Duhamel (Harvey Dent), Billy Burke (James Gordon), Titus Welliver (Carmine Falcone), David Dastmalchian (Calendar Man), Troy Baker (Joker), Amy Landecker (Barbara Gordon), Julie Nathanson (Gilda Dent), Jack Quaid (Alberto), Fred Tatasciore (Solomon Grundy), Jim Pirri (Sal Maroni), and Alastair Duncan (Alfred).
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: There is now a preorder listing available for the Blu-ray over at Amazon. There also will be a Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below), now also available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with this release of the film are listed below.
- DC Showcase – The Losers (New Animated Short) – The legendary rag-tag team of World War II outcasts – Captain Storm, Johnny Cloud, “Mile-a Minute” Jones, rookie Gunner and Sarge – find themselves marooned on an uncharted island in the South Pacific that is completely overrun with dinosaurs! Their would-be ally on this deadly mission, the mysterious and beautiful Fan Long of the Chinese Security Agency, tells them their job is to rescue the scientists that have been sent to study the time/space anomaly. Perhaps… but what is her mission?
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two.
- From the DC Vault – Batman: The Animated Series – “Christmas With The Joker”
- From the DC Vault – Batman: The Animated Series – “It’s Never Too Late”
EDITORIAL NOTE: Lastly, before you ask, there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray release later, next year in 2022, where they’ll be combining both this [Part One] and Part Two together as one presentation, as noted below in the press release.
“In 2022, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two will be available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack as a combined presentation of the film with Batman: The Long Halloween, Part One.”
Below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full details regarding this upcoming release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2016 Zack Snyder film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in the “Ultimate Edition” has been remastered and approved by the director and will be receiving a new 4K UHD Blu-ray release on March 23rd via Warner Archive, according to numerous retailers now. I had been reporting this as a RUMOR thread over on Twitter for a day or so and it’s becoming apparent that I was right. Still, this should be only considered a rumor until the title gets an official announcement from the studio [Warner], Warner Archive, or via Zack Snyder. The remastered version of this film will include the 183-minute “Ultimate Edition” with some color corrections and most importantly the correct 1.43:1 IMAX aspect ratio on those scenes and the shifts to and from the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
That said, it should come with the very same HDR10 and Dolby Atmos found on the previous 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film, but nothing as of now has been officially confirmed. You can find the newly restored version of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” on 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailers Deep Discount and Target, and Walmart. The release will come with just a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film included. There’s no word if bonus materials will be included with this release of the film or not. Considering that it doesn’t appear to include the Blu-ray, it would mean they would have to all be housed on the 4K disc. So, stay tuned regarding that when this hopefully gets a full official announcement and/or confirmation soon.
UPDATE #2: It’s official. The “Batman v Superman” official Twitter account just shared a video and announced the release date that we all had been seeing and I was telling you from the start. This video is very much work checking out as it will show you how the aspect ratio shift from 2.35:1 to real IMAX 1.43:1 will work. This also confirms some color correction as well. See the tweet here (or embedded below).
Get ready to experience #BatmanvSuperman in a whole new way. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition available to own on Digital and stream on @hbomax 3/18. Available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray 3/23. pic.twitter.com/sse4LlZVPX
— Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) March 4, 2021
EDITORIAL NOTE: This will mark the very FIRST 4K UHD Blu-ray release from Warner Archive if this turns out to be true. It’s pretty obvious that it is, so let’s now consider that Warner’s line of home video releases will include 4K titles in the future via the Warner Archives. I’ll be the first to say welcome to the 4K physical release scene, Warner Archive. And, until further information about this release comes along: “That’s All, Folks!!”
The DC Universe Movie “Batman Soul of the Dragon” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 26th, 2021, via Warner Brothers Home Entertainment. The animated film, R-Rated, directed by Sam Liu and produced by Bruce Timm, features the voice talents of David Giuntoli (Batman/Bruce Wayne), Mark Dacascos (Richard Dragon), Kelly Hu (Lady Shiva), Michael Jai White (Ben Turner/Bronze Tiger), James Hong (O-Sensei), and Josh Keaton (Jeffrey Burr). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc both listed to preorder over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Gift Set featuring a figurine (pictured below) which is now also available to preorder over on their site.
The bonus materials set to be included with each of these releases are listed below.
- Batman – Raw Groove (New Featurette)– From the explosion of gritty cinema and kung fu to the cultural changes spreading across the U.S., we explore the early ’70s and how they inspired Batman: Soul of the Dragon.
- Producer Jim Krieg’s Far Out Highlights (New Featurette)– It’s an off-the-hook and out-of-sight supercut of one of Producer Jim Krieg’s funniest in-character appearances.
- Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Justice Society: World War II.
- Look Back: Superman: Red Son (Featurette) – Kal-El’s rocket fleeing Krypton never reaches Smallville, but instead lands in the Soviet Union, single-handedly shifting the new world order. This is the epic re-imagining of Superman’s origin story.
- Look Back: Batman: Gotham By Gaslight (Featurette) – Set against the backdrop of turn of the century Gotham, Batman is involved in a hunt for a criminal who has committed the most heinous acts of murder. This is Batman versus Jack the Ripper!
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Day of the Samurai”
- From the DC Vault: Batman: The Animated Series, “Night of the Ninja”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film (released today) and find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.