Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2007 film “Shooter“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray for the first time, in a Limited Edition SteelBook to celebrate its 15th Anniversary, on March 15th, 2022 via Paramount Home Entertainment, according to Amazon. The film, directed by Antoine Fuqua, starred Mark Wahlberg, Michael Peña, Danny Glover, Kate Mara, and Elias Koteas.
UPDATE: The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
The release will come with just the 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and not a Blu-ray. It will also include a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon. No word yet on what bonus materials will be included. Stay tuned for further details regarding this upcoming release.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2004 horror film “Saw” — in its UNRATED form — will be getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 11th via Lionsgate, according to retailers. The film, directed by James Wan, starred Cary Elwes, Danny Glover, Monica Potter, Shawnee Smith, Ken Leung, Dina Meyer, and Leigh Whannell. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, nor have the bonus materials for the release but stay tuned for an update. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATES: The release date actually appears it will be May 11th, as noted, and not the week before as one retailer had been indicating. As of now, you can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon.
UPDATE: There officially will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for this release (pictured below) that will come as a retailer exclusive over at Best Buy.
UPDATE: There’s now a 4K 2160p trailer for this UNRATED release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, touting the May 11 release date available over on the Lionsgate YouTube Channel and it’s found embedded below. More details soon.
UPDATE: the bonus materials set to be included on this release are as follows. On both the 4K and the included Blu-ray Disc you’ll get the extras listed below.
- “Game Changer: The Legacy of Saw” featurette [also on 4K disc]
- Audio Commentary with Director James Wan, actors Leigh Whannell and Cary Elwes [also on 4K disc]
- Audio Commentary with Producers Mark Burg, Gregg Hoffman and Oren Koules [also on 4K disc]
- The Original Saw Short Film
- Alternate Storyboard Sequence
- “Hacking Away at Saw” featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2009 disaster film “2012” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on January 19th, 2021 via Sony. The film, directed by Roland Emmerich, starred John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Woody Harrelson. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos as well as the original DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: the 4K UHD Blu-ray is listed now for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
ON 4K ULTRA HD DISC
- Discovery Channel’s 2012 Apocalypse Featurette
ON BLU-RAY DISC™
- Interactive Mayan Calendar
- 5 Featurettes on Bringing the Epic to Life
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Ending
- Picture-in-Picture: Roland’s Vision
- Feature Commentary
- Adam Lambert Music Video
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K home video release of this film.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2019 sequel “Jumanji: The Next Level” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on March 17th via Sony. The film, directed by Jake Kasdan, stars Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Nick Jonas, Awkwafina, Danny DeVito, Danny Glover, Colin Hanks, and Rhys Darby. The tech specs for the 4K release will be IMAX Enhanced including 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned and I’ll update this when Sony gets me the info. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. It is also worth noting that there will be a bundled “2-Movie Collection” Blu-ray Disc set coming out – featuring the first film: “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” (2017). Plus, there’s going to be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy.
The bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- “Rhys Darby Wants To Jingle”: How do you top Jack Black and Nick Jonas’s unforgettable theme song for the first one? Everyone’s favorite Non Player Character, Rhys Darby is ready to take it to the next, next level.
- “Body Swapping: Snapping Into Character”: “In the latest Jumanji adventure, the avatar roles are turned on their heads with new characters and hilarious performances.”
- “Back Together: Reuniting the Cast”: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan and Jack Black are back and better than ever as they share their excitement to reunite.
- “Level Up: Making Jumanji: The Next Level”: From breathtaking scenery, wild adventure, new characters and more- go behind the scenes with the cast and crew as they take Jumanji to the Next Level.
- “Scene Breakdown: Ostrich Chase”: Jump in your dune buggy and go inside the epic ostrich chase scene as the filmmakers and visual effects team breakdown the creation of this memorable scene.
- “Scene Breakdown: Mandrill Bridges”: Moving rope bridges, giant mandrills and incredible stunt work make the mandrills attack one of the most adrenaline pack parts of this film. In this scene breakdown, see how they pulled it off.
- “Awkwafina Cat Burglar”: To prepare for her roles as pickpocket, Ming Fleetwood, superstar Awkwafina got a little too method behind the scenes.
- “NPC Confessions: Jurgen The Brutal”: Being the bad guy isn’t all glory. Jurgen The Brutal gets real in this candid confessional.
- “Grow Up:” Danny DeVito and Danny Glover help Dwayne Johnson and Kevin Hart get in touch with their inner grumpy old men.
- “Telenovela”: Kevin Hart gets lost in translation in this melodramatic promo.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Zeppelin Battle”: Compare the detail of the visual effects pre visualization reel and the final picture breakdown of the thrilling Zeppelin battle.
- “VFX Pre-Vis: Ostrich Chase”: Track the progression from pre-visualization to finished scene in a side by side comparison of the ostrich chase.
- AR GAME: The 4K UHD, Blu-ray and DVD include a collectible map that is fully interactive, employing Augmented Reality to bring Jumanji to life through a smart phone, allowing users to create their own 8-bit Avatar, navigate a series of mini games and much more!
Further below, after the break, you can find some videos in promotion for the home video release, as well as the full details from the announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2019 Jim Jarmusch film “The Dead Don’t Die“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 10th via Universal, according to early retailer alerts. The film, a comedy involving zombies, features an all-star cast of Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Rosie Perez, Carol Kane, Iggy Pop, Sara Driver, RZA, Selena Gomez, and Tom Waits. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. It is known that the release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can already find the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon and is listed over at retailer Best Buy (with release date). Lastly, sadly there does not appear to be a 4K physical release of this film planned.
The 1989 TV mini-series “Lonesome Dove“ is getting a Special Edition Blu-ray Disc Steelbook release on July 9th via Mill Creek Entertainment. The mini-series featured an extraordinary cast of Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Robert Urich, Frederic Forrest, D.B. Sweeney, Ricky Schroder, Anjelica Huston, Chris Cooper, Barry Corbin, Barry Tubb, and Steve Buscemi. The tech specs for the new Blu-ray will be identical to the 2015 release, including 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. This new Special Edition Blu-ray Steelbook is not yet available to pre-order but there is a placeholder page over at Amazon. A digital copy of the mini-series will be included with the Blu-ray. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lonesome Dove – The Making of an Epic – featurette
- Cast Interviews
- On Location with Director Simon Wincer
- Original Sketches and Concept Drawings
- Interview with Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Larry McMurtry
Further below, after the break, you can find more pictures of the Steelbook artwork, the trailer for the mini-series, and further details about the upcoming release.
The 2018 David Lowery directed film “The Old Man & The Gun“ starring Robert Redford is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on January 15th, 2019 via Fox. The film features a supporting cast of Casey Affleck, Sissy Spacek, Danny Glover, and Tom Waits. Tech specs include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. This title on Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set the be included on the release are listed below.
- Everything Else We Shot
- Prison Cats
- On Filmmaking
- 31 Wake-Ups
- Joining The Hunt
- Audio Commentary By Writer/Director David Lowery
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2018 Boots Riley written and directed film “Sorry to Bother You“ starring Lakeith Stanfield is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd via Fox Home Entertainment. The film, at time of writing this, is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes where its carrying a 93% rating based on the critics’ reviews. This comedy co-stars Tessa Thompson, Jermaine Fowler, Omari Hardwick, Terry Crews, Danny Glover, Steven Yeun, Armie Hammer, Forest Whitaker, and also features the voices of David Cross, Patton Oswalt, and Lily James.
Tech specs include full 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film being included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Beautiful Clutter with Director Boots Riley
- Audio Commentary with Director Boots Riley
- The Cast of Sorry to Bother You
- The Art of the White Voice
The 2018 sequel “Death Race: Beyond Anarchy“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Universal. The sequel, being released direct-to-video, was directed by Don Michael Paul, and stars Zach McGowan, Danny Glover, Fred Koehler, Christine Marzano, as well as Danny Trejo. The Blu-ray will include an UNRATED “& UNHINGED” cut of the film, as the cover and promotional material tout. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. Tech specs for the release include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. This title can already be found to PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Inside the Anarchy: Filmmakers and cast describe how this chapter of the Death Race franchise stands out from the rest. From new locations, to a fleet of new cars, to a new star in Zach McGowan, see why Death Race: Beyond Anarchy is the deadliest Death Race yet!
- Time Served: Lists & Goldberg: Hear Death Race franchise veterans Fred Koehler and Danny Trejo discuss what it’s like to be back playing Lists and Goldberg, and how their characters have changed.
- On the Streets of Death Race: Beyond Anarchy: Director Don Michael Paul and cast explain how the stunt work gave the production a uniquely energetic feel.
- Feature Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Don Michael Paul and Star Zach McGowan
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for the release.
It sure seems that Fox Home Entertainment also plans to bring a “Predator 3-Movie Collection” to 4K UHD Blu-ray on the same date as the first film, August 7th. The collection will include the films “Predator” (1987), “Predator 2” (1990), and “Predators” (2010). Those films were directed by John McTiernan, Stephen Hopkins, and Nimród Antal. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed, as the studio has yet to even officially announce either this or the individual release of the first film – as I had previously reported on.
I actually found this just browsing around, and at this point I wouldn’t even call it a “rumor” anymore, as we well know that the first film is coming, but now get a confirmation (of sorts) via a PRE-ORDER listing over at Amazon for this, carrying the exact same release date (8/7). Stay tuned for further updates. Also remember that the first film, “Predator“, is (as mentioned) getting its own individual release on 4K UHD Blu-ray.
UPDATE: It appears that we are going to also see individual releases for both sequels “Predator 2” and “Predators” on 4K UHD Blu-ray as well. No pre-order listings are available yet on Amazon, but stay tuned for an update when they become available. The artwork for the two titles can be found below.