– Commissions Earned – Continue reading “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood – Blu-ray Screenshots”
The 2019 film adaptation of “Little Women“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 7th via Sony. The film, directed by Greta Gerwig and nominated for 6 Academy Awards, starred Saoirse Ronan, Emma Watson, Florence Pugh, Eliza Scanlen, Laura Dern, Timothée Chalamet, Chris Cooper, and Meryl Streep. At the time of writing this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the DVD counterpart included along with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray Disc is available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- A New Generation of Little Women: The superb cast recreated the beloved world of the March family with realism, humor and vulnerability
- Making a Modern Classic: The film combines its modern elements—kinetic camerawork and overlapping dialogue—with the historically authentic bespoke costumes, sets and locations
- Greta Gerwig: Women Making Art: Go behind the camera with Writer/Director Greta Gerwig, discover her process and how she applied her own style to the story
- Hair & Make-Up Test Sequence: A lovely showcase featuring the outstanding costumes, hair and make-up crafted for the film
- Little Women Behind the Scenes: Take a quick look behind the scenes on the set of LITTLE WOMEN
- Orchard House, Home of Louisa May Alcott: Find out more about Louisa May Alcott and visit the real-life Orchard House in Concord, MA
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video release of this film.
The 2019 film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” co-starring Tom Hanks is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 18th, via Sony. The film, based on a true story & directed by Marielle Heller, also features a cast of Matthew Rhys, Chris Cooper, Susan Kelechi Watson, Enrico Colantoni, and Maryann Plunkett. This film, aside from earning Hanks an Academy Award nomination (for best actor in a supporting role), seems to have been loved by critics and moviegoers. In fact, at the time of writing, this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio in HDR10, IMAX Enhanced, with DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the same 1.85:1 aspect with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Over 15 Minutes of Additional Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers
- The People Who Make a Neighborhood: The Making Of
- Dreaming Big, Building Small: The Puppets & Miniatures
- Daniel Tiger Explains: Practice Makes Perfect
- Filmmaker Commentary
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the home video releases of this film.
The 1989 TV mini-series “Lonesome Dove“ is getting a Special Edition Blu-ray Disc Steelbook release on July 9th via Mill Creek Entertainment. The mini-series featured an extraordinary cast of Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Diane Lane, Robert Urich, Frederic Forrest, D.B. Sweeney, Ricky Schroder, Anjelica Huston, Chris Cooper, Barry Corbin, Barry Tubb, and Steve Buscemi. The tech specs for the new Blu-ray will be identical to the 2015 release, including 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound. This new Special Edition Blu-ray Steelbook is not yet available to pre-order but there is a placeholder page over at Amazon. A digital copy of the mini-series will be included with the Blu-ray. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lonesome Dove – The Making of an Epic – featurette
- Cast Interviews
- On Location with Director Simon Wincer
- Original Sketches and Concept Drawings
- Interview with Pulitzer Prize-Winning Author Larry McMurtry
Further below, after the break, you can find more pictures of the Steelbook artwork, the trailer for the mini-series, and further details about the upcoming release.