“Smallville: The Complete Series“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 19th, via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, to celebrate the 20th anniversary. The series ran from 2001 up until 2011 for a total of 10 seasons and 217 episodes. “Smallville” starred Tom Welling, Allison Mack, Kristin Kreuk, Michael Rosenbaum, John Glover, Erica Durance, Annette O’Toole, and John Schneider. NOTE: The first 5 seasons of this show have never been released on the Blu-ray Disc format.
Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound for all episodes. This will be a 42-disc set, with 40 discs as Blu-ray Disc (BD-50) and 2 DVDs (for bonus materials). The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the entire series.
Bonus materials set to be included on this release are over 28 hours in length and you can find a bit of those detailed below.
“Smallville: The Complete Series 20th Anniversary Edition includes 2 DVD discs with over 28 hours of bonus features originally released on the Smallville Seasons 1-10 DVD sets.”
- The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
- A Retrospective Look at the Series’ 10-Year Journey – An in-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
- A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
- Paley Festival Featurette
- Smallville’s 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
- Secret Origin: The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC’s 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
- Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels, Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this release.