Brian De Palma film Blow Out on 4K in September
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1981 film “Blow Out“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 6th via The Criterion Collection. The film, directed and co-written by Brian De Palma, starred John Travolta, Tracy Allen, Dennis Franz, and John Lithgow.
This comes from a new 4K restoration. The tech specs include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Stereo sound. The release will come as a 2-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon and directly via Criterion. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Interview with director Brian De Palma, conducted by filmmaker Noah Baumbach
- Interview with actor Nancy Allen
- Murder à la Mod, a 1967 feature by De Palma
- Interview with cameraman Garrett Brown on the Steadicam shots featured in the film within Blow Out
- On-set photographs by Louis Goldman
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Michael Sragow and, for the Blu-ray and 4K UHD editions, Pauline Kael’s original New Yorker review of the film
- New cover by Eric Skillman