The 2005 film “Me and You and Everyone We Know“ written & directed by Miranda July will finally get a Blu-ray Disc release from The Criterion Collection on April 28th. The film, previously only available on DVD, starred John Hawkes, Miranda July, Miles Thompson, Brandon Ratcliff, Carlie Westerman, Hector Elias, and Brad William Henke. The tech specs for the release include a high definition (HD) transfer, approved by director Miranda July, in 1080p in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. The Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon and directly from the Criterion website. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- New documentary about July’s artistic beginnings and the development of her debut feature
- Open to the World, a new documentary by July about the 2017 interfaith charity shop and participatory artwork she created in collaboration with Artangel
- July Interviews July: Deauville, 2005, a discovery from July’s archives, newly edited
- Six scenes from the 2003 Sundance Directors Lab, where July workshopped the film, with commentary by July
- The Amateurist (1998) and Nest of Tens (2000), short films by July
- Several films from July’s Joanie 4 Jackie project, and a documentary about the program
- PLUS: Essays by artist and scholar Sara Magenheimer and novelist Lauren Groff