RUMOR: 2018 critically acclaimed film “Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Sony, according to numerous retailer alerts. A lot of other sites are also reporting this, but the studio has not officially announced this title yet for home video release, so I’m considering it still a rumor (for now). That said, no info has been released yet regarding the tech specs or bonus materials set to be included on the 4K or Blu-ray releases. It is known, now from artwork, that both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a Digital Copy of the film included with each.
There are pre-order listings now available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc over at Amazon, featuring artwork. Stay tuned for any updates on the release once the studio officially announces it. It is also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for only the Blu-ray version of the film, which you can find available for pre-order here.
The 2018 Sci-Fi film “Kin” written and directed by Jonathan Baker and Josh Baker is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 20th via Lionsgate. The film features a cast that includes Myles Truitt, Jack Reynor, Dennis Quaid, Zoë Kravitz, James Franco, Carrie Coon, Ian Matthews, Gavin Fox, and Michael B. Jordan. Tech specs for both releases include video in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with DTS:X and Dolby Digital 2.0 (optimized for late night listening) sound. The 4K release will include both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range. The releases will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K release getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included.
You can PRE-ORDER both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray already over at Amazon. It also appears that there will be an Exclusive Steelbook Blu-ray release available at Best Buy for both the 4K and Blu-ray releases. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker and screenwriter Daniel Casey
- “Thicker Than Water: The Making of Kin” 8-Part Documentary
- “Enhanced Visual FX Breakdown” Featurette
- “Bag Man: Original Short” with optional audio commentary by co-directors Jonathan and Josh Baker
- 10 Deleted Scenes
- “Learned Behavior: Special Features at Work” hour-long round table discussion between Jonathan and Josh Baker and renowned filmmakers including 10 Cloverfield Lane director Dan Trachtenberg, Swiss Army Man directors Daniel Kwan and Daniel Scheinert, legendary special features producer Laurent Bouzereau (Jaws, Back to the Future, Ready Player One) and special features godfather Kevin Smith (Clerks, Chasing Amy, Tusk).
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray Disc and the official announcement for these releases.