Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1982 film “Poltergeist“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 20th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Tobe Hooper and co-written & produced by Steven Spielberg, starred Craig T. Nelson, JoBeth Williams, Dominique Dunne, Oliver Robins, Heather O’Rourke, Beatrice Straight, Martin Casella, Richard Lawson, and Zelda Rubinstein.
Tech specs for the release appear to include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo lossless surround sound mixes. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. You can also find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at retailer Best Buy. It’s also worth noting that Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder.
The title has not yet been officially announced [stateside] but you can likely expect the following bonus materials listed below to be included, based on the UK 4K UHD Blu-ray release [already announced].
- “They Are Here: The Real World of Poltergeists Pt. 1- Science of the Spirits” RT: 15:30
- “They Are Here: The Real World of Poltergeists Pt. 2- Communing with the Dead” RT: 15:31
- “The Making of Poltergeist” RT: 7:15
- Trailer RT: 2:25
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement by the studio about the upcoming 4K release of this film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2006 Richard Kelly film “Southland Tales” will be officially getting a Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray release from Arrow Video on January 26th, 2021. The film, previously released on the format back in 2008, will now feature a new 2K video restoration that was “approved by director Richard Kelly and director of photography Steven Poster.” Tech specs for the Limited Edition Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio with the original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. This release will include both the film’s 145-minute Theatrical cut and also the 160-minute “Cannes” cut — as shown at the Cannes Film Festival. The film’s cast included Dwayne Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott, Justin Timberlake, John Larroquette, Jon Lovitz, Wood Harris, Christopher Lambert, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, Wallace Shawn, Mandy Moore, Beth Grant, Zelda Rubinstein, and Kevin Smith.
UPDATE: The Limited Edition Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials, some physical, for the 2-Disc Limited Edition Blu-ray release are as follows.
- Audio commentary on the theatrical cut by Richard Kelly
- It’s a Madcap World: The Making of an Unfinished Film, a new in-depth retrospective documentary on the film, featuring contributions by Richard Kelly and members of the original crew
- USIDent TV: Surveilling the Southland, an archival featurette on the making of the film, featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- This is the Way the World Ends, an archival animated short set in the Southland Tales universe
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacey
- Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Tonguette and Simon Ward