Tag Archives: Yahya Abdul-Mateen II
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Candyman” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and produced by Jordan Peele & directed by Nia DaCosta, stars Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Teyonah Parris, Nathan Stewart-Jarrett, Colman Domingo, and Vanessa Williams. It’s most certainly worth noting, at the time of writing, that this film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-66 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDING
- DELETED AND EXTENDED SCENES
- SAY MY NAME: Filmmakers and cast discuss how the horror at the center of Candyman is both timely and timeless, which is a tragedy in and of itself.
- BODY HORROR: We explore director Nia DaCosta’s influences in the subgenre of body horror, and what Anthony’s physical transformation means to the story.
- THE FILMMAKER’S EYE: NIA DACOSTA: Take a closer look at director Nia DaCosta, and how her singular voice and perspective were perfect to tell this story.
- PAINTING CHAOS: Filmmakers reveal how Anthony’s artwork evolves throughout the film and how they strived for authenticity in recreating Chicago’s vibrant art scene.
- THE ART OF ROBERT AIKI AUBREY LOWE: Composer Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe reveals some of the unconventional methodology he used to create the unique and haunting soundscapes sounds of the film.
- TERROR IN THE SHADOWS: A behind-the-scenes look at how the analogue shadow puppetry scenes were created and an unpacking of why this ancient artistic medium was the most conceptually relevant for depicting the legends’ cycle of violence.
- CANDYMAN: THE IMPACT OF BLACK HORROR: A roundtable discussion moderated by Colman Domingo about the nuanced relationship Black Americans have with Candyman, the horror genre and the overall idea of monsters and victims.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video release.
The 2019 TV mini-series (limited series) adaptation of “Watchmen“ appears to be coming to Blu-ray Disc on June 2nd, via HBO, according to retailers. The show, based on the graphic novel of the same title, was adapted by Damon Lindelof and ran for a total of 9 episodes. The cast for the series included Regina King, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Tom Mison, Sara Vickers, Jeremy Irons, Andrew Howard, Louis Gossett Jr., Jean Smart, and Tim Blake Nelson. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned hopefully very soon for an update. The Blu-ray is now listed for preorder over ar Amazon and Best Buy. The release will include a digital code (copy) of the series. You can find a list of bonus materials set to be included listed below.
- Hooded Justice – Origins of a Masked Vigilante
- Watchmen: Masked and Dangerous
- Character Trailers – Blond Man, Looking Glass and Sister Night
- Becoming Sister Night
- Notes from the Watchmen graphic novel artist Dave Gibbons
- Rorschach Featurette
- Watchmen: Alternate History
- It’s Raining Squids
- Squid Shelter with Tim Blake Nelson
- Andrij Parekh on Directing
- Blond Man The Colossal King (The Adrian Veidt Story)
- Sadiqua Bynum runs, jumps and falls for Sister Night o Anatomy of a Fight Scene
- Watching The Watchmen Plus:
- Watchmen: Unmasked (New)
- 2019 New York Comic Con (New)
The 2018 DC Extended Universe film “Aquaman” starring Jason Momoa is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Warner. The film, directed by James Wan, co-stars Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Nicole Kidman. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio, without the sound format being yet specified. Stay tuned for an update on that. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both including a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc both with pre-order listings over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Going Deep Into the World of Aquaman
- Becoming Aquaman
- James Wan: World Builder
- Aqua Tech
- Atlantis Warfare
- The Dark Depths of Black Manta
- Heroines of Atlantis
- Villainous Training
- Kingdoms of the Seven Seas
- Creating Undersea Creatures
- A Match Made in Atlantis
- Scene Study Breakdowns
- Exclusive Sneak Peek of Shazam!
It’s known that there will be an exclusive Steelbook for both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases over at retailer Best Buy. Also, retailer Target will be getting their own exclusive of the 4K UHD Blu-ray with a Book. Those both are now up and available for pre-order from those retailers. Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the standard releases of the film where there is no mention of the rumored Blu-ray 3D listed on retailers.
RUMOR: the DC Extended Universe film “Aquaman” starring Jason Momoa appears to be coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on (or around) March 26th via Warner. This comes from the placement amongst other upcoming titles on a certain retailer. The film, directed by James Wan, co-stars Amber Heard, Willem Dafoe, Patrick Wilson, Nicole Kidman, Dolph Lundgren, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Temuera Morrison, and Ludi Lin.
The tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not at all been detailed, but stay tuned for a later update. It is known that both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K UHD Blu-ray getting a Blu-ray Disc included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both will include a Digital Copy of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Lastly, it is known that Best Buy will be getting an exclusive Steelbook for both versions of the film (on 4K and Blu-ray) which you can find pictured below.
Thanks to our own SpoilerFreeMike for finding this image on Reddit.