Tag Archives: Woody Harrelson
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Venom: Let There Be Carnage” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on December 14th, via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, according to multiple retail sources. The film, directed by Andy Serkis, stars Tom Hardy, Woody Harrelson, Michelle Williams, Naomie Harris, Reid Scott, and Stephen Graham.
UPDATE: This title has been officially announced by the studio [Sony] today (11/18). The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart. Each version will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder at Amazon, as well as listed as “coming soon” over at retailer Best Buy, with both currently showing the 12/14 release date. Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below), which now is listed as coming soon. It’s not yet a functional preorder listing, but keep checking back.
It’s also most certainly worth noting that retailer Target will be getting an exclusive Fan Art Edition release on Blu-ray (pictured below), which is now available for preorder. This version will include (what appears to be) six collectible cards featuring fan art.
UPDATE: The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- Outtakes & Bloopers
- 6 Deleted Scenes
- Eddie & Venom: The Odd Couple: What happens when two beings inhabit one body? A whole lot of chaos. Tom Hardy, Andy Serkis, and the team of filmmakers talk all things Eddie and Venom.
- Sick and Twisted Cletus Kasady: Imagining this iconic and psychotic comic book villain for screen with Woody Harrelson, director Andy Serkis, and the production team.
- Concept to Carnage: Trace the design and animation of Carnage from comic book image to screen symbiotic.
- Let There Be… Action: Go on the set and experience the action of how Venom: Let There Be Carnage takes shape. From concept to stage, from green screen to film screen, follow the making of the film and see the intense stunts that were captured.
- And more!
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film, a 1-minute glimpse at the special features, and the announcement regarding the home video release.
The 1994 film “The Cowboy Way” starring Woody Harrelson and Kiefer Sutherland is coming to Blu-ray Disc, for the first time, on February 16th, 2021, via Mill Creek Entertainment. The film, directed by Gregg Champion, co-starred Dylan McDermott, Ernie Hudson, Cara Buono, Marg Helgenberger, Tomas Milian, and Luis Guzmán. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed and nor have bonus materials — if any will be included. Stay tuned for a possible update on that. You can find the Blu-ray now listed to preorder over at Amazon.
The 2009 disaster film “2012” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on January 19th, 2021 via Sony. The film, directed by Roland Emmerich, starred John Cusack, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Amanda Peet, Oliver Platt, Thandie Newton, Danny Glover, and Woody Harrelson. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos as well as the original DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include the Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. UPDATE: the 4K UHD Blu-ray is listed now for preorder over at Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
ON 4K ULTRA HD DISC
- Discovery Channel’s 2012 Apocalypse Featurette
ON BLU-RAY DISC™
- Interactive Mayan Calendar
- 5 Featurettes on Bringing the Epic to Life
- Deleted Scenes
- Alternate Ending
- Picture-in-Picture: Roland’s Vision
- Feature Commentary
- Adam Lambert Music Video
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming 4K home video release of this film.
The 2019 Roland Emmerich directed film “Midway” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 18th via Lionsgate. The film, which was based on real events, features a cast of Ed Skrein, Patrick Wilson, Luke Evans, Nick Jonas, Mandy Moore, Dennis Quaid, Aaron Eckhart, and Woody Harrelson. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound. The releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K including the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD counterpart, and both including a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film available for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of the film (pictured below), which is also now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
- “Getting It Right: The Making of Midway” Featurette
- “The Men of Midway” Featurette
- “Roland Emmerich: Man on a Mission” Featurette
- “Turning Point: The Legacy of Midway” Featurette
- “Joe Rochefort: Breaking the Japanese Code” Featurette
- “We Met at Midway: Two Survivors Remember” Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2019 sequel “Zombieland: Double Tap” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 21st, 2020 via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, features a cast of Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, Zoey Deutch, Rosario Dawson, Luke Wilson, Avan Jogia, and Thomas Middleditch. Tech specs for the 4K release include IMAX Enhanced video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. It should also be noted that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook for the release (pictured below) that is also now available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included on these releases are listed below.
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of the film.
The 2009 film “Zombieland“ will be celebrating its 10th anniversary by coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Sony, as well as getting a sequel later this year. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, starred Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio using the HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the original Blu-ray Disc included as well as a digital copy of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray now is available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, including some new content on the 4K disc, are listed below.
SPECIAL FEATURES ON 4K ULTRA HD
- ALL-NEW: Raised From the Dead: Zombieland A Decade Later
- Behind the Scenes with the Cast and Crew of Zombieland
- Shootin’ Zombies with Ruben Fleischer
- Theatrical Trailer
SPECIAL FEATURES ON BLU-RAY
- Beyond the Graveyard Picture-in-Picture Track
- Audio Commentary with Filmmakers and Cast
- In Search of Zombieland Featurette
- Zombieland is Your Land Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- Visual Effects Progression Scenes
- Theatrical Promo Trailers
The 2018 film “Venom” starring Tom Hardy is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on December 18th via Sony. The film, directed by Ruben Fleischer, co-stars Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott, Jenny Slate, Melora Walters, and Woody Harrelson.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Venom Mode: When selecting this mode the film will engage informative pop-ups throughout the film to provide insight on the movie’s relationship to the comics, and to reveal hidden references that even a seasoned Venom-fan may have missed!
- Deleted & Extended Scenes: These deleted and extended scenes will give fans even more of the Venom action they loved in theaters!
- Ride to Hospital – Eddie and Venom take a ride to the hospital.
- Car Alarm – Let’s just say that Venom is not fond of car alarms.
- San Quentin – Extended post-credits scene at San Quentin.
- From Symbiote to Screen: A mini documentary about the history of Venom in comics and his journey to the big screen. Interviews with Avi Arad, Matt Tolmach, Ruben Fleischer, Oliver Scholl, and Director and Comic Fanboy Kevin Smith.
- The Lethal Protector in Action: Go behind the scenes with the production crew and learn the secrets behind the awesome Motorcycle stunts, wire stunts, and drones.
- Venom Vision: A look at how Ruben Fleischer came to the project, gathered his team, and made Venom a reality. Utilizes interviews from cast, crew, and producers as well as Fleischer himself.
- Designing Venom: Designing and creating Venom meant a huge challenge for VFX artists; follow the amazing journey.
- Symbiote Secrets: Blink and you may have missed it! Enjoy the hidden references throughout the film.
- 8 Select Scenes Pre-Vis sequences: See the progression of the visual effects, storyboards and fight choreography compared to the finished film.
- “Venom” by Eminem – Music Video
- “Sunflower” by Post Malone, Swae Lee (From Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse)
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Sneak Peek: Meanwhile in another universe…
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the upcoming release, the cover art for the Blu-ray release, cover art for the two Steelbooks, and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
Ron Howard directed film “Solo: A Star Wars Story” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 25th via LucasFilms (Disney). Tech specs for the 4K include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 sound. HDR10 High Dynamic Range seems to be the only variety included. There is no mention of Dolby Vision here in the press release. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 MA sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with discs of other format included (Blu-ray on the 4K, and DVD on the Blu-ray) with both getting a Digital Copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, so they are are listed below.
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable
Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie
See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan
Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon
Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia
Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist
Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37
Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso
Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run
Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc art and the official announcement.