Tag Archives: William Zabka
Amazon Commissions Earned
“The Karate Kid Collection“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 7th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The set includes the three films “The Karate Kid” (1984), “The Karate Kid Part II” (1986), and “The Karate Kid Part III” (1989). This release will mark the very first time that the two sequels have been available on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format. All three films have been remastered in 4K from the original camera negatives. All of the films were directed by John G. Avildsen and the cast for the films included Ralph Macchio, Noriyuki “Pat” Morita, and Martin Kove.
The tech specs for the 4K releases include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range, as well as Dolby Atmos, a lossless 5.1 surround mix, and the original 2.0 Stereo theatrical sound mix, for each of the three films. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will include the Blu-ray Disc counterparts.
The bonus materials set to be included for each film in this set include some new extras. Since that list can run a tad bit lengthy, I’ve chosen to include those in the press release listed further below after the break.
The 1985 cult-classic comedy “Just One of the Guys“ starring Joyce Hyser is celebrating its 35th anniversary with a debut to Blu-ray Disc on April 28th, via Sony. The film, directed by Lisa Gottlieb, co-starred Clayton Rohner, Billy Jacoby, Toni Hudson, and William Zabka. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video, from a new 2K remaster, in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio original theatrical Mono sound. You can now find Blu-ray listed over at Amazon and it should be available for preorder very soon. The only bonus material set to be included on the release is listed below.
- AUDIO COMMENTARY, DIRECTOR & CAST featuring Lisa Gottlieb, Arye Gross, Joyce Hyser, Clayton Rohner, Toni Hudson, John Apicella
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming release of the film to Blu-ray.
The 1984 modern classic “The Karate Kid“ is getting a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on April 16th to celebrate the 35th anniversary, via Sony. The film, directed by John G. Avildsen, starred Ralph Macchio, Pat Morita, William Zabka, Martin Kove, and Elisabeth Shue. Tech specs for the release include newly 4K restored video with some sort of HDR (high dynamic range) although not yet specified and Dolby Atmos sound. It is said that the original 5.1 and Stereo will be available in terms of audio. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a Digital Copy of the film included.
Bonus materials set to be included on this upcoming release are listed below.
- NEW “Remembering The Karate Kid” – featuring new interviews with Ralph Macchio, William Zabka and Martin Kove (on the 4K disc)
- “Blu-Pop™” Pop-Up Track – Activate the Blu-Pop feature to reveal pop-up trivia, interviews and more secrets from the film!
- Commentary with Director John G. Avildsen, Writer Robert Mark Kamen and Actors Ralph Macchio and Pat Morita
- “The Way of the Karate Kid” Multi-Part Making-of Featurette
- “Beyond the Form” Featurette
- “East Meets West: A Composer’s Notebook”
- “Life of Bonsai” Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer (on the 4K disc)