The 2018 film “Halloween” directed by David Gordon Green and starring Jamie Lee Curtis is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 15th, 2019 via Universal. The film is a sequel to John Carpenter‘s original 1978 classic (of the same title). Carpenter contributed music to this and served as an executive producer, along with Jamie Lee Curtis. Danny McBride co-wrote the screenplay and also served as an executive producer. It’s also worth noting that this film was a joint venture with Jason Blum (producer) and his production house Blumhouse. The cast includes Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Will Patton, Virginia Gardner, and Nick Castle. This (at time of writing) is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes by the critics, and seems to have been liked by moviegoers as well.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The Blu-ray tech specs include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS:X sound. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray Disc, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a Digital Copy of the film included on each. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted/Extended Scenes
- Extended Shooting Range
- Shower Mask Visit
- Jog to a Hanging Dog
- Allyson and Friends at School
- Cameron and Cops Don’t Mix
- Deluxe Banh Mi Cops
- Sartain and Hawkins Ride Along
- Back in Haddonfield: Making Halloween
- The Original Scream Queen
- The Sound of Fear
- Journey of the Mask
- The Legacy of Halloween
Further below, after the break, you will find the Blu-ray artwork and the official announcement regarding both the 4K and Blu-ray releases of the film.
The 1994 Sci-Fi Thriller “The Puppet Masters“ starring Donald Sutherland is coming to Blu-ray Disc on December 4th via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. The film, directed by Stuart Orme, was based on the Robert A. Heinlein novel, and featured cast of Eric Thal, Julie Warner, Keith David, Will Patton, Richard Belzer, Tom Mason, and Yaphet Kotto. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video and both 5.1 surround and 2.0 Stereo lossless mixes in terms of sound.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are detailed below.
- Audio commentary by director Stuart Orme with film editor David Yardley
- Robert A. Heinlein: The Puppet Grand Master – Documentary with Spectrum literary agency agent Eleanor Wood, author, and screenwriter David Gerrold, author Brad Linaweaver and
Robert Gleason, the executive editor of Tor/Forge Books and the author of The Evil That Men Do
- Get Slugged with Julie Warner
- Strange Invasion with Keith David
- Alien Me, Alien You with Richard Belzer
- Larry Odien Pulls the Strings: The Practical Effects of The Puppet Masters
- Science Fantasy and Softcore Porn: Limited edition booklet essay by author and literary critic Samuel R. Delany
- Newly commissioned art by Jacob Phillips
- Animated Photo Gallery – Creature design images
- Limited Edition O-card Slipcase
- Reversible Art
- Theatrical Trailer
Below after the break you can get a look at the reversible cover art mentioned.
The 2004 Jonathan Hensleigh directed film “The Punisher“ starring Thomas Jane and John Travolta is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 25th via Lionsgate. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both varieties of High Dynamic Range, HDR10 and Dolby Vision will be included. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc, as well as a Digital Copy, of the film also included. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with director Jonathan Hensleigh
- Deleted Scene with optional director Commentary
- “Introduction of Saints and Sinners Club”
- “Livia Saint Insults Mickey Duka”
- “Keepin’ It Real: The Punisher Stunts” Featurette
- “Army of One: The Punisher Origins” Featurette
- “War Journal: On the Set of The Punisher” Featurette
- Music Video “Step Up” Performed by Drowning Pool
- “Drawing Blood: Bradstreet Style” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement for this release.