The 2019 DC Universe Movie “Wonder Woman: Bloodlines” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Warner. The film, directed by Justin Copeland and Sam Liu, features the voice talents of Rosario Dawson (as “Wonder Woman”), Marie Avgeropoulos, Jeffrey Donovan, Adrienne C. Moore, Kimberly Brooks, Courtenay Taylor, Constance Zimmer, and Michael Dorn. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been fully detailed. You can, however, visually expect the 4K to come with HDR10 form of HDR (high dynamic range) and 1080p HD video on Blu-ray. Both should be in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and receive lossless surround sound mixes. Stay tuned for an update on the exact tech specs for the releases. One can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. It’s certainly worth noting that you can watch the trailer for the film HERE (on YouTube). Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Death (Animated Short) – Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonard Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The voice cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.
- The Cheetah: Ferocious Archenemy (New Featurette) – Ferocious. Clever. Deadly. It’s the thrill of the hunt and the prey is Wonder Woman. This is the story of The Cheetah, Diana’s greatest enemy.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Red Son – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
“The House of Hitchcock“ Collection Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc box set is coming on October 1st, via Universal, according to retailers. The box set will include a total of 15 movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Those films, all previously available on the Blu-ray format, included in this set are listed below (in chronological order):
- “Saboteur“ (1942)
- “Shadow of a Doubt“ (1943)
- “Rope“ (1948)
- “Rear Window“ (1954)
- “The Trouble with Harry“ (1955)
- “The Man Who Knew Too Much“ (1956)
- “Vertigo“ (1958)
- “North by Northwest“ (1959)
- “Psycho“ (1960)
- “The Birds“ (1963)
- “Marnie“ (1964)
- “Torn Curtain“ (1966)
- “Topaz“ (1969)
- “Frenzy“ (1972)
- “Family Plot“ (1976)
The release will include not only the physical form box set replica (of sorts) of the infamous “Psycho” house but it’ll even include blueprints, movie poster cards for each film, a booklet about his work, a “Do Not Disturb” door hanger sign from the “Bates Motel”, letters, and more. Tech specs for the Blu-ray releases remain identical to the previously released versions. You can find the Blu-ray set available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials, some of which are exclusive to this box set, are listed below and the contents are even pictured, further below after the break.
- 7 TV Episodes from “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” [EXCLUSIVE DVD]
- 3 TV Episodes from “The Alfred Hitchcock Hour” [EXCLUSIVE DVD]
- Expert (Audio) Commentaries
- Screen Tests
- And Much More!
BREAKING NEWS: announced at San Diego Comic-Con
The 1999 animated TV series “Batman Beyond” is getting a “Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Deluxe Limited Edition)“ Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Warner. The 6-disc set will include all 52 episodes, spanning across three seasons from 1999 through 2001. Out of those 52 episodes, it has been said that “41 have been fully-remastered from either their original 35mm film source or the uncommon format “OCND,” the original camera negative digital (a digital scan of original negative).” The release will also include the 2000 animated feature-length film “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” in a Director’s Cut that has been fully remastered. The exact tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect 1080p HD video in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Stay tuned for more info regarding the sound configuration and format that the episodes and film will be presented in.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order listing for this Blu-ray set over at Amazon as well as directly over at WBShop. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set be included on this release, in addition to the exclusive Funko Pop! figurine, after a nice look at the contents of the set.
- Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Many of Batman Beyond’s core production team and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animated series. Join producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
- Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight’s 80 years of crime-fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.
- “Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.
- Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
- Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.
HERE you can find a video on YouTube (via IGN), shown today exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. This promotional clip shows side-by-side comparisons of the original footage and this newly restored footage from the episodes.
Further below, after the break, you can find some further information about this upcoming Blu-ray set from a press release issued earlier today.
The 2019 film “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 27th via Warner. The film, directed by Michael Dougherty, stars Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Thomas Middleditch, and Ken Watanabe. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. NOTE: This is the first 4K title Warner has released with the HDR10+ form of HDR – as discussed HERE by John Archer of Forbes. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably the same Dolby Atmos sound? The press release didn’t mention but feel free to inform me if that’s not the case. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both receiving a digital code (digital copy) of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the two released are listed below.
- Commentary by Director
- Godzilla: Nature’s Fearsome Guardian
- Mothra: Queen of the Monsters
- King Ghidorah: The Living Extinction Machine
- Rodan: Airborne God of Fire
- Godzilla 2.0
- Making Morthra
- Creating Ghidorah
- Reimagining Rodan
- The Yunnan Temple
- Castle Bravo
- The Antarctic Base
- The Isla de Mara Volcano
- The Undersea Lair
- Millie Bobby Brown: Force of Nature
- Monster Tech: Monarch Joins the Fight
- Monsters Are Real
- Welcome to the Monsterverse
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find further details about the upcoming 4K and Blu-ray releases of this film.
The DC Universe original TV series “Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Warner. The show stars Diane Guerrero, April Bowlby, Joivan Wade, Alan Tudyk, Matt Bomer, and Brendan Fraser. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound spanning across a 2-disc set. The release will come with a digital copy of the first season of the show. UPDATE: the Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Gag Reel
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2019 film “Pokemon Detective Pikachu” is officially coming to both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on August 6th via Warner. The film, directed by Rob Letterman, features the voice talent of Ryan Reynolds and stars Justice Smith. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital copy of the film with each. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be getting an exclusive 4K Steelbook for the release which is now available for pre-order. Stay tuned for further updates on this release. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Detective Mode
- Alternate Opening
- My Pokémon Adventure
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Welcome to Ryme City
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Uncovering the Magic
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Action
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Colorful Characters
- Creating the World of Detective Pikachu: Bringing Pokémon to Life
- Mr. Mime’s Audio Commentary
- Ryan Reynolds – Outside the Actor’s Studio
- “Carry On” by Rita Ora and Kygo (Music Video)
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray Disc and the full details about the upcoming releases.
The classic 1969 Hanna-Barbera animated TV show “Scooby-Doo, Where Are You? The Complete Series“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc in a 50th-anniversary limited edition set on September 3rd via Warner. The set, styled after a mystery mansion, will be limited to 50,000 copies in total. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, but you can expect full 1080p HD video and likely lossless (DTS-HD Master Audio) sound. The 4-disc set will include all 41 of the original episodes of the animated series as well as some new bonus materials and even physical extras like a Funko keychain and a “Scooby-Doo!” Encyclopedia (shown below).
You can find the Blu-ray Disc set available for pre-order now over at Amazon and directly from Warner’s WBStore. Bonus materials set to be included on the release, in addition to a digital copy, are listed below.
- My Life with Scooby – Frank Welker’s Animated Journey (Featurette)
- A Scooby-Doo for Everyone (Featurette)
- 50 Years of Scooby Snacks (Featurette)
- Scooby-Doo and the Lost City of Gold Trailer: A sneak peek of the all-new Scooby-Doo! Live stage production.
The full details regarding the physical and bonus materials set to be included with the limited edition box set release are listed below, after the break.
TV Show “The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 12th via Warner. The show, created by Chuck Lorre and Bill Prady, ran from 2007 through 2019 and it featured a cast of Johnny Galecki, Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco, Simon Helberg, Kunal Nayyar, Melissa Rauch, and Mayim Bialik. Tech specs for the twelfth season on Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound spanning across a 2-disc set. The release will come with a digital copy of the twelfth season of the show. You can find the twelfth season on Blu-ray now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Unraveling the Mystery: A Big Bang Farewell Special
- The Last Days of The Big Bang Theory
- The Big Bang Theory’s Impact
- The Sweet Spot
- The Big Bang Theory Cast Visits Ellen
- The Big Bang Theory: 2018 Comic-Con Panel
- Gag Reel
It’s also worth noting, especially for fans, that there will be a huge Blu-ray Disc box set released on November 12th as well in the form of “The Big Bang Theory: The Complete Series [Limited Edition]“ (pictured below) which is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials EXCLUSIVE to this box set are listed below.
- The Big Bang Theory: A Retrospective
- BBT’s Greatest Hits: 12 Years of Comedy in 24 Minutes
- All The Stars in the BBT Universe
The 2019 horror film “The Curse of Llorona“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 6th via Warner. The film, directed by Michael Chaves, stars Linda Cardellini, Raymond Cruz, Patricia Velasquez, Marisol Ramirez, Jaynee-Lynne Kinchen, and Sean Patrick Thomas. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound [misspelled in the press release]. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- The Myth of La Llorona
- Behind the Curse
- The Making of a Movie Monster
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film as well as full information regarding this upcoming Blu-ray Disc release.