The 2019 film “Blinded by the Light“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 19th via Warner. The film, directed by Gurinder Chadha, features a cast of Viveik Kalra, Dean-Charles Chapman, Billy Barratt, Ronak Singh Chadha Berges, Kulvinder Ghir, Meera Ganatra, Nell Williams, Aaron Phagura, and Hayley Atwell. The film has received much critical acclaim, in fact (at time of writing) it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the Blu-ray Disc now available for preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Memoir to Movie
- The Most Crazy Thing
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this film coming to Blu-ray.
The classic 1939 film “The Wizard of Oz“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 29th via Warner. The film, directed by Victor Fleming, starred Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, Billie Burke, and Margaret Hamilton. The title has now been officially announced and received a press release. This is no longer a rumor, as I had previously reported. This has received a new restoration which has been discussed here (taken from the press release).
Using state of the art technology, a new 8K 16bit scan of the original Technicolor camera negative became the basis for the 4K UHD scan. The process was overseen by MPI colorist Janet Wilson, who has overseen every remaster of The Wizard of Oz for the past 20 years.
Tech specs for the release include 2160p video in the original 1.37:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range. The audio format and configuration have not yet been detailed. The film is now available for pre-order on 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Amazon. The 4K release (in both forms) will come as a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film included. The release will not only be coming out as a standard 4K but it will also be getting a 4K Steelbook which will be a Best Buy Exclusive (pictured below). You’ll find that 4K Steelbook now available for pre-order.
NOTE: This was originally posted as a rumor and has since been confirmed.
The classic 1939 film “The Wizard of Oz“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 29th via Warner. The film, directed by Victor Fleming, starred Judy Garland, Frank Morgan, Ray Bolger, Bert Lahr, Jack Haley, Billie Burke, and Margaret Hamilton. UPDATE: The title has now been officially announced and received a press release. This is no longer a rumor. Also, the film is now available for pre-order on 4K UHD Blu-ray over at Amazon – with the same release date as indicated. Cover art (picture further above) has now been unveiled in that listing.
From the artwork and retailer listings, we know that the 4K release (in both forms) will come as a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film included. The release will not only be coming out as a standard 4K but it will also be getting a 4K Steelbook which will be a Best Buy Exclusive (pictured below). You’ll find that 4K Steelbook now available for pre-order.
Bonus materials and other details about this release are in another news HERE.
The 2019 horror film “Annabelle Comes Home“ is officially getting a Blu-ray Disc release on October 8th via Warner. The film is part of “The Conjuring” universe and it was directed by Gary Dauberman. The cast here includes Vera Farmiga, Patrick Wilson, Mckenna Grace, Madison Iseman, Katie Sarife, and Michael Cimino. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of “combo pack” with a DVD and digital code (copy) of the film included. The Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- The Artifact Room & the Occult
- The Light & the Love
- Behind the Scenes: The Ferryman/Demon, The Bloody Bride, The Werewolf
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.
The 2019 DC Universe Movie “Wonder Woman: Bloodlines” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Warner. The film, directed by Justin Copeland and Sam Liu, features the voice talents of Rosario Dawson (as “Wonder Woman”), Marie Avgeropoulos, Jeffrey Donovan, Adrienne C. Moore, Kimberly Brooks, Courtenay Taylor, Constance Zimmer, and Michael Dorn. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been fully detailed. You can, however, visually expect the 4K to come with HDR10 form of HDR (high dynamic range) and 1080p HD video on Blu-ray. Both should be in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and receive lossless surround sound mixes. Stay tuned for an update on the exact tech specs for the releases. One can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon. It’s certainly worth noting that you can watch the trailer for the film HERE (on YouTube). Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Death (Animated Short) – Inspired by Neil Gaiman’s “The Sandman,” Death is produced & directed by Sam Liu (Justice League vs. The Fatal Five) and written by J.M. DeMatteis (Batman: Bad Blood). In the story, Vincent, an artist with unresolved inner demons, meets a mysterious girl who helps him come to terms with his creative legacy … and eventual death. Leonard Nam (Westworld) provides the voice of Vincent, and Jamie Chung (The Gifted, Big Hero 6) is the voice of Death. The voice cast includes Darin De Paul, Keith Szarabajka and Kari Wahlgren.
- The Cheetah: Ferocious Archenemy (New Featurette) – Ferocious. Clever. Deadly. It’s the thrill of the hunt and the prey is Wonder Woman. This is the story of The Cheetah, Diana’s greatest enemy.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Superman: Red Son – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
“The House of Hitchcock“ Collection Limited Edition Blu-ray Disc box set is coming on October 1st, via Universal, according to retailers. The box set will include a total of 15 movies directed by Alfred Hitchcock. Those films, all previously available on the Blu-ray format, included in this set are listed below (in chronological order):
- “Saboteur“ (1942)
- “Shadow of a Doubt“ (1943)
- “Rope“ (1948)
- “Rear Window“ (1954)
- “The Trouble with Harry“ (1955)
- “The Man Who Knew Too Much“ (1956)
- “Vertigo“ (1958)
- “North by Northwest“ (1959)
- “Psycho“ (1960)
- “The Birds“ (1963)
- “Marnie“ (1964)
- “Torn Curtain“ (1966)
- “Topaz“ (1969)
- “Frenzy“ (1972)
- “Family Plot“ (1976)
The release will include not only the physical form box set replica (of sorts) of the infamous “Psycho” house but it’ll even include blueprints, movie poster cards for each film, a booklet about his work, a “Do Not Disturb” door hanger sign from the “Bates Motel”, letters, and more. Tech specs for the Blu-ray releases remain identical to the previously released versions. You can find the Blu-ray set available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials, some of which are exclusive to this box set, are listed below and the contents are even pictured, further below after the break.
- 7 TV Episodes from “Alfred Hitchcock Presents” [EXCLUSIVE DVD]
- 3 TV Episodes from “The Alfred Hitchcock Hour” [EXCLUSIVE DVD]
- Expert (Audio) Commentaries
- Screen Tests
- And Much More!
BREAKING NEWS: announced at San Diego Comic-Con
The 1999 animated TV series “Batman Beyond” is getting a “Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Deluxe Limited Edition)“ Blu-ray Disc release on October 29th via Warner. The 6-disc set will include all 52 episodes, spanning across three seasons from 1999 through 2001. Out of those 52 episodes, it has been said that “41 have been fully-remastered from either their original 35mm film source or the uncommon format “OCND,” the original camera negative digital (a digital scan of original negative).” The release will also include the 2000 animated feature-length film “Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker” in a Director’s Cut that has been fully remastered. The exact tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can expect 1080p HD video in the original 1.33:1 aspect ratio. Stay tuned for more info regarding the sound configuration and format that the episodes and film will be presented in.
UPDATE: There’s now a pre-order listing for this Blu-ray set over at Amazon as well as directly over at WBShop. Below you can find a list of bonus materials set be included on this release, in addition to the exclusive Funko Pop! figurine, after a nice look at the contents of the set.
- Nostalgic Tomorrow – A Batman Gathering (All-New Featurette) – Many of Batman Beyond’s core production team and actors gather for an enthralling roundtable discussion of the evolution and execution of the animated series. Join producers Bruce Timm and Glenn Murakami, casting/dialogue director Andrea Romano, director James Tucker, writers Bob Goodman & Stan Berkowitz, and stars Kevin Conroy & Will Friedle as they take a wildly entertaining trip down memory lane.
- Knight Immortal (All-New Featurette) – A visual and visceral celebration of the Dark Knight’s 80 years of crime-fighting, narrated by storytellers of the past, present, and future.
- “Tomorrow Knight: The Batman Reborn” (Featurette) – Storytellers explore the rise of Terry McGinnis as Batman and Bruce Wayne’s relationship with the young hero as he mentors a new Dark Knight for modern times.
- Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (Feature-Length Film) – The beloved hit animated film from 2000 is included in the box set – fully remastered for your enjoyment.
- Audio Commentaries – Enlightening audio commentaries by filmmakers and voice actors for four key episodes: “Rebirth, Part 1”; “Shriek”; “Splicers”; and “The Eggbaby.”
- Featurettes – A dozen inside looks at the genesis, production and effects of Batman Beyond.
HERE you can find a video on YouTube (via IGN), shown today exclusively at San Diego Comic-Con 2019. This promotional clip shows side-by-side comparisons of the original footage and this newly restored footage from the episodes.
Further below, after the break, you can find some further information about this upcoming Blu-ray set from a press release issued earlier today.