The 1979 Carl Reiner directed comedy “The Jerk“ starring Steve Martin is getting a “40th Anniversary Edition” Blu-ray Disc release later this year via Shout Select, but the release date has now changed to December 18th. Also, as of today we have some details regarding the release. Although tech specs have not yet been fully detailed, it is now known that this will come from a new remastered 2K video transfer. Stay tuned for further details regarding tech specs. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and directly via Shout! Factory. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
NEW Remastered from a Brand-New 2K Transfer
- NEW A Conversation with Steve Martin and Carl Reiner
- NEW A Conversation with Writers Michael Elias and Carl Gottlieb
- Learn How to Play “Tonight You Belong To Me”
- The Lost Film Strips of Father Carols Las Vegas De Cordova
- Trailers & Radio Spots
Further below, after the break, you can find the full official announcement regarding this release.
The 2017 Michael Noer directed remake of the film “Papillon“ starring Charlie Hunnam and Rami Malek is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 6th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film is a remake of the 1973 film of the same title. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title on Blu-ray is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. The only bonus materials set to be included on the release are a digital copy of the film and Deleted Scenes.
The 2018 Peter Berg directed film “Mile 22“ starring Mark Wahlberg is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The Blu-ray will come as a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed. The film co-stars Lauren Cohan, John Malkovich, Iko Uwais, Carlo Alban, Natasha Goubskaya, and Ronda Rousey.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced by the studio. Tech specs for this release will include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Overwatch: Follow the “Overwatch”, the para-military division in Mile 22, and explore the background and inspiration as to why this type of team was chosen for the film.
- Introducing Iko: A spotlight on world-renowned action star Iko Uwais and his experience with combat fighting, stunt work and choreographing his own scenes in the film.
- Iko Fight: Interview with Iko Uwais discussing his intense fight scenes from the practice room to the final shot.
- Bad Ass Women: A behind-the-scenes look with stars Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey along with writer Lea Carpenter, discussing stunts, intellectual smarts and the overall tenacity of the film’s female characters.
- BTS Stunts: An in-depth take on the creation of the action-packed stunts of Mile 22 with commentary from Director Peter Berg and the film’s stars.
- Modern Combat: Explore the concept of modern action cinema, where scenes are created and shot in real time with multiple cameras, mesmerizing cinematography and intense action stunts.
- Colombia: Take a tour Bogota, Colombia with the cast and filmmakers discussing key filming location points.
There is no mention or any indication that a 4K UHD Blu-ray version is coming stateside from this bit of news. However, it is worth noting that an Australian retailer (EZYDVD.au) is listing the title on 4K UHD Blu-ray for pre-order with a November release date (a tad bit further off than stateside). This is worth noting, even if a 4K version doesn’t get released stateside, as ALL 4K UHD Blu-ray titles are REGION FREE – meaning they will play anywhere in the world, unlike Blu-ray and DVD (which a region locked). Stay tuned for further details as this title should be getting officially announced soon by the studio. Perhaps soon we will know if or if not a 4K version will be released here in the United States.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.
The 2018 direct-to-video sequel “Scorpion King: Book of Souls“ starring Zach McGowan is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 23rd via Universal. The film, directed by Don Michael Paul, co-stars Pearl Thusi, Nathan Jones, Katy Louise Saunders, Mayling Ng, Howard Charles, Inge Beckmann and Peter Mensah. Tech specs include full 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. It’s available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon. No bonus materials are set to be included. It’s worth noting that “The Scorpion King: 5-Movie Collection“ (including this new film) is coming to Blu-ray Disc on the very same day (October 23rd). Below, after the break, you can find the artwork for that set and official announcement for the release of the latest film.