Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2022 film “Morbius” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 14th via Sony Pictures Home Entertainment. The film, based on the Marvel Comics character [of the same name], was directed by Daniel Espinosa, and it stars Jared Leto, Matt Smith, Adria Arjona, Jared Harris, Al Madrigal, and Tyrese Gibson.
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in a 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. Speaking of which, it’s most certainly worth noting that Best Buy will be getting what appears to be an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now available for preorder over there.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Outtakes & Bloopers
- Defining The Antihero
- From Human to Vampire – Visual Effects
- Lights, Camera, Action
- The Good, Bad & Ugly – Supporting Cast Doing the Stunt Work
- Living Vampire from Comics to Screen
- Nocturnal Easter Eggs
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the official announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “F9: The Fast Saga” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 21st via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, the latest in the “Fast and the Furious” franchise, directed by Justin Lin, stars Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Tyrese Gibson, Chris ‘Ludacris’ Bridges, John Cena, Nathalie Emmanuel, Jordana Brewster, Sung Kang, Helen Mirren, Kurt Russell, and Charlize Theron. Both the 4K and Blu-ray releases will include 2 versions of the film: The Director’s Cut (149 minutes, NOT RATED) and the Theatrical Cut (142 minutes, PG-13).
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as an exclusive over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now also available for preorder.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- F9: ALL IN: The Fast family invites you to be part of the crew as they give you an intimate look at how F9 propels this epic franchise to even greater heights. This bonus feature, with more than 46 minutes of content, includes returning characters, new cast members, huge stunts, big surprises, and so much more.
- PRACTICALLY FAST: When it comes to stunts, it seems each film in The Fast Saga outdoes the last. In this piece, we examine how Justin Lin and his team go to great lengths to shoot as many stunts as they can in-camera and practically, giving the film an authenticity that cannot be achieved solely through visual effects or CGI.
- SHIFTING PRIORITIES: We first met many of these characters when The Fast and the Furious was released in 2001. In the 20+ years since, not only have the characters themselves grown and evolved, but so have the actors that portray them. Art often imitates life, and we look at how that’s particularly true in F9.
- JUSTICE FOR HAN: Han is back! Sung Kang and Justin Lin discuss the genesis for the return of this beloved character, while the cast reveals how much it means to them to have Kang back along for the ride.
- A DAY ON SET WITH JUSTIN LIN: The job of a director on any movie production is huge. The job of a director on a production the scale of F9 is immeasurable. Spend a day with Justin Lin and see just how demanding it is to navigate a production day when you’re the one with all the answers.
- JOHN CENA: SUPERCAR SUPERFAN: John Cena is a real-life car expert, and no franchise does cars like Fast. Watch John jump from exotic car to exotic car like a kid in a candy store, giving you a true fan’s look at some of the rarest and most expensive automobiles in the world.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY (THEATRICAL AND DIRECTOR’S CUT) WITH PRODUCER/CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR JUSTIN LIN
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The “Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 11th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. This 17-disc box set will include the first 8 movies in the film franchise, listed below.
- The Fast and the Furious (2001)
- 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
- Fast & Furious (2009)
- Fast Five (2011)
- Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
- Furious 7 (2015)
- The Fate of the Furious (2017)
Tech specs for the films all include 2160p 4K video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range (mostly in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio) with DTS:X sound. This will be a “combo pack” set meaning that each film will get its original Blu-ray Disc counterpart with its original bonus materials as well as a digital copy of each film (compatible with Movies Anywhere) included. The first four films will include just the theatrical PG-13 versions while the latter four films will include the extended versions – on the 4K disc. The 4K UHD Blu-ray box set is available to pre-order over at Amazon. The final disc in the set is an exclusive (identical to that found on the 2017 Blu-ray Disc set) and it includes the following bonus materials:
- Fast Cars!
- Back Under the Hood
- Mapping Fast & Furious
- International TV Special
- Justin Lin – Director’s Vault
- A Home in Ruins
- From Pre-Viz to Final
- Shooting in Abu Dhabi
- Jeff Imada: Up Close and Personal
- Cast Favorites
Further below, after the break, you can find a full list of the contents of the upcoming 4K box set.
The 2011 sequel “Fast Five“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 11th, via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Justin Lin, featured a cast of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordanna Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Matt Schulze, Sung Kang, and Gal Gadot. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will include both the extended and theatrical cuts of the film and will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The title on 4K is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release (on the original Blu-ray) are listed below.
- Reuniting the Team
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Big Train Heist
- A New Set of Wheels
- Dom’s Journey
- Brian O’Connor: From Fed to Con
- Enter Federal Agent Hobbs
- Dom vs. Hobbs
- On Set with Director Lin
- Inside the Vault Chase
- Tyrese TV
- Feature Audio Commentary with Director Justin Lin [also on the 4K disc]
- … And More!
In an early alert to retailers we get word that Paramount plans to release “Transformers: The Ultimate 5-Movie Collection“ to 4K UHD Blu-ray on November 6th. All five of these films are already available on the 4K format, but are being finally bundled together, a considerable bit more affordable than buying the films individually. Tech specs will be identical to the previous (individual releases) including 4K video with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. No mention of new bonus materials set to be included on the release. In fact, bonus materials will be primarily (aside from commentary tracks) included on the original Blu-ray Disc releases, which will be included in this 10-disc “combo pack” set. A digital copy of each of the five films will be included. This set is available for PRE-ORDER now over at Amazon.