Tag Archives: Toy Story
The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.
The first three “Toy Story” CG animated films from Pixar are finally coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 4th via Disney. These include “Toy Story“ (1995), “Toy Story 2“ (1999), and “Toy Story 3“ (2010). The three films all feature the voice talents of Tom Hanks and Tim Allen. UPDATE: The tech specs for the releases include HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound.
All three films will come in the form of “combo pack” with Blu-ray Disc(s) and a digital copy included. The bonus materials haven’t been detailed but I’d say you can expect them to be identical to the previous releases on Blu-ray, which likely will include most all of original the extras. There’s no confirmation yet on that, just speculation. Stay tuned for more details as they develop regarding these films.
All three of the standard 4K UHD Blu-ray “Ultimate Collector’s Edition” releases are available for pre-order over at Best Buy. There are pre-order listings now available over at Amazon for “Toy Story“, “Toy Story 2“ and “Toy Story 3“ individually. Sadly, it seems obvious that there will not be a box set (yet) because of the sequel coming out later in the very same month these will arrive in 4K. There will also be 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook releases for each film that will be Best Buy Exclusives. You can find the pre-order listings for those Steelbooks below by clicking on the artwork for each film.