Tag Archives: Tom Hanks
Contest time again at High Def Disc News and this time we are going to be giving away ONE copy of the upcoming March 23rd release of “News of the World” on Blu-ray from Universal. Below you can find the full list of details on how you can enter this contest.
The 2020 film “News of the World” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 23rd via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Paul Greengrass, stars Tom Hanks and Helena Zengel. This film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes at the time of writing. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-66 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with each release are listed below.
- DELETED SCENES
- PARTNERS: TOM HANKS & HELENA ZENGEL – Witness the successful (and very fun) working relationship of movie veteran Tom Hanks and newcomer Helena Zengel.
- WESTERN ACTION – Explore the creation of NEWS OF THE WORLD‘s most exciting and challenging scenes.
- PAUL GREENGRASS MAKES NEWS OF THE WORLD – A look at how director Paul Greengrass assembled the very best filmmaking team to realize a lifelong ambition of making a western.
- THE KIOWA – Filmmakers explain why the authentic representation of the Kiowa was so important to them.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH CO-WRITER/DIRECTOR PAUL GREENGRASS
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailers for the home video release and for the film itself, as well as the full announcement about the home video release of the film.
BREAKING: Six well-known films have all been restored in 4K and will be getting an exclusive release on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format via what is being called the “Columbia Classics: 4K Ultra HD Collection – Volume 1“ box set, which is set for a June 16th release, via Sony. The set, a limited-edition collection, will be literally limited with only what is said to be fewer than 8 thousand units produced — as quoted below from the press release:
The six films in the COLUMBIA CLASSICS 4K ULTRA HD COLLECTION are only available on 4K Ultra HD disc within this special collector’s set with a limited-edition run of fewer than 8,000 units in the U.S
This 4K box set includes the following films:
- “A League of Their Own” (1992)
- directed by Penny Marshall
- “Dr. Stranglelove: Or How…” (1964)
- directed by Stanley Kubrick
- “Gandhi” (1982)
- directed by Richard Attenborough
- “Jerry Maguire” (1996)
- directed by Cameron Crowe
- “Lawrence of Arabia” (1962) [Restored]
- directed by David Lean
- “Mr. Smith Goes to Washington” (1939)
- directed by Frank Capra
UPDATE: I have now talked with the folks at Sony and have the full details on this release for you, via an extremely lengthy press release that you’ll be able to read in its entirety, further below after the break. The tech specs for the films include 4K video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and a variety of Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio sound mixes on the six different films. Lastly, regarding tech specs, it is worth noting that the film Gandhi will actually receive Dolby Vision and HDR10, in terms of video. You can find this 4K UHD Blu-ray box set already listed for preorder over at Amazon. Below (as mentioned) are the full details about this upcoming very limited box set.
– Commissions Earned – Read more
The 2019 film “A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood” co-starring Tom Hanks is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 18th, via Sony. The film, based on a true story & directed by Marielle Heller, also features a cast of Matthew Rhys, Chris Cooper, Susan Kelechi Watson, Enrico Colantoni, and Maryann Plunkett. This film, aside from earning Hanks an Academy Award nomination (for best actor in a supporting role), seems to have been loved by critics and moviegoers. In fact, at the time of writing, this carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio in HDR10, IMAX Enhanced, with DTS:X sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the same 1.85:1 aspect with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 sound. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Over 15 Minutes of Additional Scenes
- Blooper Reel
- Tom Hanks as Fred Rogers
- The People Who Make a Neighborhood: The Making Of
- Dreaming Big, Building Small: The Puppets & Miniatures
- Daniel Tiger Explains: Practice Makes Perfect
- Filmmaker Commentary
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the home video releases of this film.
– commissions earned –
The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.