Tag Archives: The Avengers
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2019 Marvel Studios film “Avengers: Endgame” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Marvel (Disney). The film, directed by Anthony Russo & Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, Scarlett Johansson, Jeremy Renner, Don Cheadle, Paul Rudd, Benedict Cumberbatch, Chadwick Boseman, Brie Larson, Tom Holland, and Josh Brolin. This movie set a record during its theatrical run, which has now been extended, grossing over 2.7 billion (so far) worldwide. The film also has received much critical-acclaimed and carries a “Certified Fresh” rating (at time of writing) over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The scenes shot in IMAX will NOT be presented in their correct aspect ratio and sadly, will not expand to fill the screen. This and some other shortcomings of this release have been discussed already by our friend John Archer over at Forbes. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each comes with a digital copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray of the film now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for an update when Amazon correctly lists the title on both formats. There will also be an exclusive 4K Steelbook release (pictured below) available over at retailer Best Buy which is now available for pre-order. Another retailer exclusive will come in the form of a 4K Booklet packaging over at Target.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Steve and Peggy: One Last Dance – Explore Captain America and Peggy Carter’s bond, forged in moments from previous films that lead to a momentous choice in “Avengers: Endgame.”
Blu-ray & Digital:
- Remembering Stan Lee – Filmmakers and cast honor the great Stan Lee in a fond look back at his MCU movie cameos.
- Setting The Tone: Casting Robert Downey Jr. – Hear the tale of how Robert Downey Jr. was cast as Tony Stark in the original “Iron Man” — and launched the MCU.
- A Man Out of Time: Creating Captain America – Trace the evolution of Captain America with those who helped shape the look, feel and character of this compelling hero.
- Black Widow: Whatever It Takes – Follow Black Widow’s journey both within and outside the Avengers, including the challenges she faced and overcame along the way.
- The Russo Brothers: Journey to Endgame – See how Anthony and Joe Russo met the challenge of helming two of the biggest films in cinematic history … back-to-back!
- The Women of the MCU – MCU women share what it was like to join forces for the first time in an epic battle scene — and be part of such a historic ensemble.
- Bro Thor – His appearance has changed but his heroism remains! Go behind the scenes to see how Bro Thor was created.
- Six Deleted Scenes – “Goji Berries,” “Bombs on Board,” “Suckiest Army in the Galaxy,” “You Used to Frickin’ Live Here,” “Tony and Howard” and “Avengers Take a Knee.”
- Gag Reel – Laugh along with the cast in this epic collection of flubs, goofs and gaffes from set.
- Visionary Intro – Intro by directors Joe and Anthony Russo.
- Audio Commentary – Audio commentary by directors Anthony and Joe Russo, and writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray, the promo trailer for the home video release (that does contain spoilers), and then full details about the upcoming releases of the film.
Retailer Best Buy already has pre-order listings up for “Avengers: Endgame” on both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc. Plus, they will also be getting an Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook. There’s no release date listed yet for the film on home video, however, I’ll bet that you can expect it sometime around August, based mainly on its placement over at this retailer. No other retailers yet have listed this film which just hit theaters yesterday. Stay tuned for any further updates.
The two Marvel Studios sequels “Captain America: The Winter Soldier“ and “Captain America: Civil War“ are both coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on April 23rd, via Disney – according to an early alert to retailers. The titles had been said to be coming but we now finally get them both listed with release date and pre-order listings for each over at Best Buy.
UPDATE: The two titles on 4K are both now listed for pre-order over at Amazon – HERE and HERE. Those listings even include glimpses at the back of the packaging where we get the tech specs. “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” will be presented in the 2.40:1 aspect (as originally on Blu-ray), while “Captain America: Civil War” will be presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio (unlike the original Blu-ray). Both films will receive HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The bonus materials set to be included for each film can be found on the original Blu-ray releases. No new extras will be included on the 4K discs.
Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc included along with a digital copy of the film.
There will also be Steelbook releases for both of the films on 4K which will be Best Buy exclusives. You can’t pre-order those yet but they have placeholder pages HERE and HERE. The artwork for the Steelbooks is pictured below.
EDITORIAL NOTE: First off, these screenshots may contain possible “spoilers” – so, be prepared. Secondly, the links to PRE-ORDER this on all formats are over at Best Buy, because
another retailer apparently doesn’t want to take your money. No joke. They have neither version of the film available for pre-order, at time of writing this. I have to have somewhere to send my readers to purchase the film.
Both films “The Avengers” (2012) and “Avengers: Age of Ultron” (2015) are coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 14th (the same day as the sequel) via Marvel Studios (Disney). It’s worth noting that both films were directed by Joss Whedon.
The tech specs for both releases will include full 2160p 4K video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio for “The Avengers” and 2.35:1 aspect ratio for “Avengers: Age of Ultron” with both getting Dolby Atmos sound. Both of these films on 4K UHD Blu-ray are available now for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. Just click on their names above for links. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases have not yet been detailed, even in the press release, but you can likely expect all the previous Blu-ray materials ported over via the included Blu-ray Disc in each “combo pack” which will also include a Digital Copy of each film.
UPDATE: Okay, so not only are these coming out it seems as standard 4K releases but they’ll also be getting Exclusive Steelbook 4K UHD Blu-ray releases over at Best Buy, as you’ll find below. PRE-ORDER listings for those are live as well as ones for the standard 4K versions over there at Best Buy.
Best Buy Exclusive Steelbooks:
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement for these.