The classic British sketch comedy TV show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus“ will be coming to Blu-ray Disc in the UK (United Kingdom) on October 7th, as revealed today. Distributor Network will be releasing this “Norwegian Blu-ray Edition“ box set, that will be Region Free and play in all countries. The 7-disc box set includes all 45 of the original TV episodes restored and presented in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio (via 1080i HD) with Mono sound. You can now find the Blu-ray box set available to pre-order over at Network‘s website, along with further details about the release (including price). The show, which ran from 1969 through 1974, was created by and starred Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.
Right! Now, HERE you can find a video showing the newly restored video footage in comparison to the original footage. Next, right HERE you can find the final promo video for this release, comprised entirely of newly restored footage. Then, below you’ll get a glimpse at the inside contents of the box set, where you’ll notice it not only has the beautiful plumage (to be expected) but it does, in fact, explode (in a way). There’s even a snazzy book! Don’t just take my word for it though, have yourself a look.
Details about the release itself, as well as the extras and bonus materials set to be included with it are listed below.
- 7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, for the first time totally uncut and beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements.
- Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
- Each of the four series comes individually packaged with a book by Andrew Pixley (four books in total) detailing an exhaustive episode-by-episode production history.
- Previously unseen outtakes
- Extended scenes and sketches
- Restored-to-full-length sketches including Ursula Hitler, Cartoon Religions, A Book At Bedtime and more.
- Rare promo films
- And more to be announced…
Further below, after the break, you can find some details about this video restoration process that the show has received.