Amazon Commissions Earned
The “Friday the 13th 8-Movie Collection“ is officially coming to Blu-ray via Paramount Home Entertainment on August 10th. This 6-disc set will include the following films from the franchise:
- “FRIDAY THE 13th” (1980)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Uncut” (1980)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part 2″ (1981)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part 3″ (1982)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part IV: The Final Chapter” (1984)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part V: A New Beginning” (1985)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part VI: Jason Lives” (1986)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part VII: The New Blood” (1988)
- “FRIDAY THE 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan” (1989)
The tech specs for the films in this set have yet to be detailed. Also, the bonus materials have not yet been fully listed but there will be extras, as described below.
“… gushing over with hours of previously released special features including slashed scenes, making of featurettes, killer commentaries and much, much more.”
Stay tuned for a possible update on the tech specs for this release soon. It is known that the first four films in this set have been remastered. You will get a digital copy of 8 movies included. This 8-Movie Collection Blu-ray set is now available for preorder over at Amazon.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the release.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1989 film “DeepStar Six“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 13th via KL Studio Classics. The film, directed by Sean S. Cunningham, starred Greg Evigan, Nancy Everhard, Taurean Blacque, Nia Peeples, Matt McCoy, Cindy Pickett, Marius Weyers, and the late Miguel Ferrer. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed, however, it is presumed that it will be presented in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio in 1080p HD with a lossless sound mix. You can find the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. As of today, KL Studio Classics has officially announced an updated set of bonus materials set to be included on this release. Below you can find a list of those bonus materials, physical extras, and further details.
- Audio Commentary with Director Sean S. Cunningham and Visual Effects Supervisor James Isaac
- Audio Commentary with Screenwriters Lewis Abernathy and Geof Miller
- Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer Harry Manfredini
- From the Deep – Interviews with Creature Effects & Special Make-up Designer Mark Shostrom, Creature Supervisor Greg Nicotero and Creature Artist Robert Kurtzman
- The Survivors – Interviews with Actors Greg Evigan and Nancy Everhard
- Water Damage – An Interview with Stunt Coordinator Kane Hodder
- Extended Vintage Interview Clips
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Original EPK
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spot
- Image Gallery
- Limited Edition O-Card
- Reversible Art
- Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
- Optional English Subtitles
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
One well-known horror franchise is about to get a definitive box set fans have longed for. “Friday The 13th Collection [Deluxe Edition]“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 13th, via Scream Factory. The twelve total films included in the 16-disc box set are listed below:
- Friday the 13th (1980)
- Friday the 13th Part 2 (1981)
- Friday the 13th Part 3 (1982)
- Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter (1984)
- Friday the 13th Part V: A New Beginning (1985)
- Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (1986)
- Friday the 13th Part VII: The New Blood (1988)
- Friday the 13th Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan (1989)
- Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday (1993)
- Jason X (2001)
- Freddy vs. Jason (2003)
- Friday the 13th (2009)
Tech specs here for this upcoming set include new 4K scans for the first four films in the franchise as well as a new 2K scan of the “Jason Goes To Hell: The Final Friday” film. The various aspect ratios and audio formats set to be here on the films have not yet been fully detailed by Scream, but stay tuned for an update.
UPDATE: You can now find this Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon.
The Blu-ray set is also available for preorder directly via ShoutFactory.com. It is certainly worth noting that this set will be limited in its run to a total of 13,000 units (according to the distributor’s press release). Physically it features a rigid slipcase to hold the discs in their individual cases with newly commissioned artwork. The set will include a collectible 40-page booklet as well.
Also, I’ve managed to learn directly the folks at Scream that you will be getting the third film (Friday the 13th: Part 3) for the very first time in digital 3D via the Blu-ray 3D format (as well as in 2D). That means there will be no cardboard red/cyan glasses or such are set to be included for that film, as were previously with the original Blu-ray from Paramount. Some of the new extras have been finished and announced, however, some of them are still in the works and will actually be detailed at a later point. So, you can expect to hear about that in the coming months — via an update to this post and on social media.
After the break, you can find the full details regarding this highly-anticipated upcoming Blu-ray box set.
– Commissions Earned –
It looks like the 1980 horror classic “Friday the 13th“ will be getting a “40th Anniversary Limited Edition“ SteelBook Blu-ray release on May 5th, via Paramount, according to retailers. The film, directed by Sean S. Cunningham, starred Betsy Palmer, Adrienne King, Jeannine Taylor, Robbi Morgan, Harry Crosby, Laurie Bartram, and Kevin Bacon. This upcoming 40th Anniversary SteelBook release will include the Uncut (UNRATED) version of the film and a digital code (copy) of it as well. Tech specs for this haven’t been officially announced but will likely include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound. Essentially, it’s a re-release of the 2009 Blu-ray Disc that was previously available – just in cool new packaging. The 40th Anniversary Limited Edition SteelBook Blu-ray is now available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials found on this should include the identical extras found on the previous Blu-ray releases.
The 1985 dramatic thriller “The New Kids“ is finally coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Mill Creek Entertainment in a retro VHS style packaging (pictured above). The film was directed by Sean S. Cunningham and co-written by Stephen Gyllenhaal. This cult-classic featured a cast of some memorable eighties actors like Shannon Presby, Lori Loughlin, James Spader, Eric Stoltz, and Tom Atkins. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed but I’ve reached out to the distributor (Mill Creek) for that info, so stay tuned. No word about any bonus materials either, so I’m guessing there will not be any included. The Blu-ray Disc is now available for pre-order over at Amazon.