Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Nobody” starring Bob Odenkirk is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 22nd via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by Ilya Naishuller, co-stars Connie Nielsen, Christopher Lloyd, Michael Ironside, RZA, and Aleksey Serebryakov. It’s also worth noting, at the time of writing this, the film is currently “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-66 (66 gigabytes) disc. And the tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-50 (50 gigabytes) disc. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will include its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will include its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on both the 4K and Blu-ray physical releases are listed below.
- DELETED SCENES
- HUTCH HITS HARD – Discover how Bob Odenkirk trained to bring his character “Hutch Mansell” to life.
- BREAKING DOWN THE ACTION (Bus Fight, Home Invasion, Car Chase and Tool & Die Sequences) – A behind-the-scenes look at the creation of the film’s explosive set pieces.
- JUST A NOBODY – A look at the personal beginning of the story for Bob Odenkirk and the unique style and sensibility that director Ilya Naishuller brought to the film.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH ACTOR/PRODUCER BOB ODENKIRK AND DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR ILYA NAISHULLER
Further below, after the break, you can find the home video promo trailer for the film and the full announcement about the upcoming home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2009 film “G.I. Joe: Retaliation” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on July 20th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The sequel to the 2009 film, based on the popular Hasbro action figure franchise, directed by Jon M. Chu, featured a cast of Dwayne Johnson, Channing Tatum, Bruce Willis, Ray Park, Elodie Yung, Ray Stevenson, D.J. Cotrona, Adrianne Palicki, Lee Byung-Hun, Luke Bracey, Jonathan Pryce, Walton Goggins, RZA, Joseph Mazzello, and Arnold Vosloo.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby TrueHD 7.1 lossless surround sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release will be an audio commentary, found on both the 4K and Blu-ray disc, and extras only on the Blu-ray listed below.
- Commentary by director Jon M. Chu and producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura
- G.I. JOE: Declassified
- Mission Briefing
- Two Ninjas
- The Desert Attack
- COBRA Strikes
- The Lone Soldiers
- The Monastery
- Fort Sumter
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this film and the first film from 2009 (“G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”) coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray format, in an obvious promotion for the upcoming release of “Snake Eyes: G.I. Joe Origins” in July.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Nobody” starring Bob Odenkirk appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 22nd via Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to retailers. The film, directed by Ilya Naishuller, co-stars Connie Nielsen, Christopher Lloyd, Michael Ironside, RZA, and Aleksey Serebryakov. The tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed, as the studio has yet to officially announce it, but stay tuned for an update on that. It is known via the cover art (pictured above) that the releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will get a DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailer Best Buy — who gave away the release date.
EDITORIAL NOTE: Lastly, I have to say that I personally am already a big fan of this flick. I was able to watch it three times over the past weekend via a digital rental. This movie comes as highly recommended.
Below after the break, you can find the red band trailer for this film.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1999 film “Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai“ is getting a Blu-ray Disc release on November 17th via The Criterion Collection. The film was written & directed by Jim Jarmusch, featured an original soundtrack by RZA (of the Wu-Tang Clan), and starred Forest Whitaker. The film’s cast also included John Tormey, Cliff Gorman, Richard Portnow, Tricia Vessey, Henry Silva, John Tormey, Victor Argo, Camille Winbush, and Damon Whitaker.
Tech specs for the Criterion Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the (OAR) original aspect ratio 1.85:1, from a new 4K restored transfer, supervised & approved by Jim Jarmusch, with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. You can find the Criterion Blu-ray available for preorder now over at Amazon as well as directly via Criterion. The info regarding this upcoming release and a list of bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Jim Jarmusch, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate isolated stereo music track
- New Q&A with Jarmusch, in which he responds to questions sent in by fans
- New conversation between actors Forest Whitaker and Isaach De Bankolé, moderated by film scholar Michael B. Gillespie
- New interview with casting director Ellen Lewis
- New interview with Shifu Shi Yan Ming, founder of the USA Shaolin Temple
- New video essay on RZA’s original score for the film
- The Odyssey: A Journey into the Life of a Samurai, a 2000 program on the making of the film
- Deleted scenes and outtakes
- Archival interviews
- English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- PLUS: An essay by critic Greg Tate and quotations from Hagakure: The Book of the Samurai, by the early-eighteenth-century monk Yamamoto Tsunetomo
- New cover by Eric Skillman
The 2007 Ridley Scott directed film “American Gangster“ starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 15th via Universal. The film, nominated for two Academy Awards, co-starred Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, John Hawkes, RZA, and Ruby Dee. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Feature Commentary with director Ridley Scott and writer Steven Zaillian [also on the 4K disc]
- Fallen Empire: Making American Gangster
- Case Files
- Hip Hop Infusion Featuring Common and T.I.
- The BET Special: The Making of American Gangster
- Dateline NBC: American Gangster First Look
- “Do You Feel Me (Remix)” performed by Anthony Hamilton featuring Ghostface Killah
- “Blue Magic” from Jay-Z’s Album American Gangster
- Theatrical Trailer
- U-Control: Picture in Picture
The 2019 Jim Jarmusch film “The Dead Don’t Die“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 10th via Universal, according to early retailer alerts. The film, a comedy involving zombies, features an all-star cast of Bill Murray, Adam Driver, Tilda Swinton, Chloë Sevigny, Steve Buscemi, Danny Glover, Rosie Perez, Carol Kane, Iggy Pop, Sara Driver, RZA, Selena Gomez, and Tom Waits. Tech specs and bonus materials have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update. It is known that the release will come with a digital copy of the film. You can already find the Blu-ray available for pre-order over at Amazon and is listed over at retailer Best Buy (with release date). Lastly, sadly there does not appear to be a 4K physical release of this film planned.