Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1962 film “To Kill a Mockingbird” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on October 11th in a “60th Anniversary Edition” via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, winner of 3 Academy Awards, directed by Robert Mulligan, starred Gregory Peck, John Megna, Mary Badham, Phillip Alford, Ruth White, Paul Fix, Brock Peters, Frank Overton, Rosemary Murphy, Collin Wilcox, and Robert Duvall.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p Black & White video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range along with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround and lossy DTS 2.0 Mono sound mixes on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the new 60th Anniversary Edition Blu-ray include a 1080p HD Black & White video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD MA 5.1 and DTS 2.0 Mono sound mixes on a BD-50 disc. The releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film.
You cannot yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray or Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon, but stay tuned for an update on that soon. The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD: ALL POINTS OF VIEW (NEW) – Delve deep into the impact and legacy of To Kill a Mockingbird in this new documentary as film historians, scholars, and Gregory Peck’s grandson, Christopher Peck, reflect on the message of hope, courage and integrity that are still relevant 60 years after the film was released.
- FEARFUL SYMMETRY – A feature-length documentary on the making of To Kill a Mockingbird with cast and crew interviews and a visit to author Harper Lee’s home town.
- A CONVERSATION WITH GREGORY PECK – An intimate feature-length documentary on one of the most beloved actors in film history with interviews, film clips, home movies and more.
- ACADEMY AWARD® BEST ACTOR ACCEPTANCE SPEECH – Gregory Peck gives a speech at the Academy Awards® after winning for his performance as Atticus Finch.
- AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE LIFE ACHIEVEMENT SPEECH – Gregory Peck’s speech after receiving the AFI Life Achievement Award.
- EXCERPT FROM “TRIBUTE TO GREGORY PECK” – Cecilia Peck’s heartwarming farewell to her father given at the Academy in celebration of his life.
- SCOUT REMEMBERS – Actress Mary Badham talks about her time acting alongside Gregory Peck.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR ROBERT MULLIGAN AND PRODUCER ALAN PAKULA
- ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER
- 100 YEARS OF UNIVERSAL: RESTORING THE CLASSICS – Join in on the in-depth look at the film restoration process.
It’s also worth noting that a 4K UHD Blu-ray 60th Anniversary Limited Edition will be available, and is not yet available for preorder. This limited edition will come with some physical extras listed below.
- 44-page booklet
- Four collectible international theatrical poster cards
- A film strip replica
Below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the upcoming home video releases of this film to celebrate its 60th anniversary.