Tag Archives: Ridley Scott
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2007 Ridley Scott directed film “American Gangster“ starring Denzel Washington and Russell Crowe is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 15th via Universal. The film, nominated for two Academy Awards, co-starred Chiwetel Ejiofor, Josh Brolin, Lymari Nadal, Ted Levine, John Hawkes, RZA, and Ruby Dee. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Feature Commentary with director Ridley Scott and writer Steven Zaillian [also on the 4K disc]
- Fallen Empire: Making American Gangster
- Case Files
- Hip Hop Infusion Featuring Common and T.I.
- The BET Special: The Making of American Gangster
- Dateline NBC: American Gangster First Look
- “Do You Feel Me (Remix)” performed by Anthony Hamilton featuring Ghostface Killah
- “Blue Magic” from Jay-Z’s Album American Gangster
- Theatrical Trailer
- U-Control: Picture in Picture
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1979 Ridley Scott directed sci-fi thriller “Alien“ is getting a “40th Anniversary” 4K UHD Blu-ray release on April 23rd via Fox, as officially announced today. The film featured a cast of Sigourney Weaver, Tom Skerritt, John Hurt, Harry Dean Stanton, Veronica Cartwright, Yaphet Kotto, and Ian Holm. The 4K release will be sporting a new 4K restoration that was supervised by the director himself, as you can see quoted (from the press release) below.
The film was restored in 4K in 2018 by 20th Century Fox at Company 3/Deluxe Entertainment Services Group, supervised by Ridley Scott and Pam Dery, with the 4K scans were done at EFilm.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS-HD Master Audio sound in 5.1 for both versions of the film and also in a 4.1 configuration for the Theatrical Version. Yes, this is the same audio as found as the previously released Blu-ray. The release will come in a form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray and a digital copy of the film included.
It’s known that there will also be a Best Buy Exclusive Steelbook available, pictured below.
The 4K release will include both the original 1979 Theatrical Version and the 2003 Director’s Cut of the film. Details about and bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
ALIEN 40th Anniversary Bonus Features:
- 1979 Theatrical Version
- 2003 Director’s Cut
- 2003 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott and the Cast & Crew
- 1999 Audio Commentary by Ridley Scott (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Final Theatrical Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Composer’s Original Isolated Score – Dolby Digital 5.1 (1979 Theatrical Version Only)
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this upcoming 4K release.
The 2011 Ridley Scott directed film “Hannibal” starring Anthony Hopkins is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc (Special Edition) on April 30th, via Kino Lorber Studio Classics. This marks the first 4K release for Kino Lorber. The film co-starred Julianne Moore, Gary Oldman, Ray Liotta, Frankie Faison, Giancarlo Giannini, Francesca Neri, and Zeljko Ivanek.
Kino Lorber claims this has received a brand new 4K restoration in HDR and SDR, which was color graded by cinematographer John Mathieson.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video with Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and a lossless 2.0 Stereo mix in terms of sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray included 1080p video with the same DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio and lossless 2.0 Stereo mix. Bonus materials were detailed by Kino Lorber today and include the following (housed on the Blu-ray):
- Audio commentary by director Ridley Scott
- Breaking the Silence: Making-of Hannibal Doc – including rare footage and interviews
- Anatomy of a Shoot-Out: A Five-Angle Breakdown of the “Fish Market” Action Scene
- Ridleygrams: A Featurette on the Art of Storyboarding
- An Exploration of the Film’s Opening Title Design
- Over 33 Minutes of Deleted and Alternate Scenes with optional director commentary
- Alternate Ending with optional director commentary
- 19 TV Spots
- Theatrical Teaser
- Theatrical Trailer
Below, after the break, you can find the art for the new Blu-ray Disc version.
The 1987 Ridley Scott directed film “Someone to Watch Over Me“ starring Tom Berenger and Mimi Rogers is coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 12th, via Shout Select (Shout! Factory). The film co-starred Lorraine Bracco, Jerry Orbach, and Mark Moses. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The upcoming Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Only one special feature is set to be included on this release, in terms of bonus, which is listed below.
- New interviews with Writer Howard Franklin and Director of Photography Steven Poster
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray Disc release.