Tag Archives: Renato Romano
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1970 film “The Bird with the Crystal Plumage” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in a limited edition release on June 29th via Arrow Video. The film, written & directed by Dario Argento, starred Tony Musante, Suzy Kendall, Enrico Maria Salerno, Eva Renzi, Umberto Raho, and Renato Romano.
This movie has received a new 4K restoration. The tech specs for the release include a 2160p 4K presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and restored original English and Italian Mono sound mixes, presumably in DTS-HD Master Audio — including optional English subtitles.
The bonus materials for this release, include some physical extras (pictured above) and are detailed below.
- Audio commentary by Troy Howarth, author of So Deadly, So Perverse: 50 Years of Italian Giallo Films
- Black Gloves and Screaming Mimis, an interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger exploring the film’s themes and its relationship to both the giallo and Fredric Brown’s novel The Screaming Mimi
- The Power of Perception, a visual essay on the cinema of Dario Argento by Alexanda Heller-Nicholas, author of Devil’s Advocates: Suspiria and The Giallo Canvas: Art, Excess and Horror Cinema, reflecting on the recurring theme of perception and the role of art in Argento’s filmography
- Crystal Nightmare, an interview with writer/director Dario Argento
- An Argento Icon, an interview with actor Gildo Di Marco
- Eva’s Talking, an archival interview with actor Eva Renzi
- Original Italian and international theatrical trailers
- 2017 Texas Frightmare trailer
- Image galleries
- Illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by Howard Hughes and Jack Seabrook, and a new essay by Rachael Nisbet
- Fold-out double-sided poster featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Obviously Creative
- Six double-sided, postcard-sized lobby card reproduction artcards
- Limited edition packaging with reversible sleeve featuring originally and newly commissioned artwork by Obviously Creative”