The DC Universe animated movie “Batman: Hush” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 13th via Warner. The animated film, based on the graphic novel (of the same title) written by Jeph Loeb, was directed by Justin Copeland and it features a voice cast of Jason O’Mara, Peyton List, Peyton List, Rebecca Romijn, Jennifer Morrison, Rainn Wilson, Jerry O’Connell, Tara Strong, Vanessa Williams, and Jason Spisak. Tech specs for the release have not been fully detailed but it has been obviously mentioned (in the press release) that the 4K will include HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range. Both films should receive 5.1 lossless mixes, likely in the DTS-HD Master Audio format, although that has not yet been confirmed. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. The release will both come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and both getting a digital copy of the film. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- DC Showcase: Sgt. Rock (Animated Short) – From executive producer and director Bruce Timm comes the first new DC Showcase animated short since 2011’s Catwoman, bringing DC Comics’ gritty World War II hero to animated life in an all-new adventure.
- Batman: Love in Time of War (Featurette) – Dangerous. Seductive. Villain. Hero. This is the story of Selina Kyle and the relationship she has forged with the world’s greatest detective.
- Audio Commentary – Executive Producer James Tucker, Director Justin Copeland and screenwriter Ernie Altbacker share their thoughts and insights on Batman: Hush.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Wonder Woman: Bloodlines – An advanced look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault:
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “The Underworld Underground Caper”
- The Batman/Superman Hour: “Partners in Peril”
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement with further details regarding the upcoming releases of the film and its trailer.
The 2018 DC Universe Movie “Reign of the Supermen” is coming to both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc formats on January 29th, 2019 via Warner. The film features the voices of Jerry O’Connell (Superman / Clark Kent), Rebecca Romijn (Lois Lane), Rainn Wilson (Lex Luthor), Nathan Fillion (Green Lantern / Hal Jordan), Jason O’Mara (Batman / Bruce Wayne), Rosario Dawson (Wonder Woman), Shemar Moore (Cyborg), Christopher Gorham (The Flash), Nyambi Nyambi (Martian Manhunter), Cameron Monaghan (Superboy), Patrick Fabian (Hank Henshaw), and Tony Todd (Darkseid).
Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound – likey DTS-HD MA.
UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon, but the 4K version is not yet listed. Stay tuned, and this will be updated once it becomes available.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Lex Luthor: The Greatest Nemesis (Featurette) – Evil Genius. Archenemy of Superman. Misunderstood hero? This documentary will look at one of the most renowned villains in literature and debate his ethics and motivations throughout his publication history and as the calculated anti-hero of Reign of the Supermen. We’ll also explore how Lex Luthor is emblematic of technology without limit, often demonstrating what effect unbridled power, resources, and influence can have on humanity. We’ll discuss the affinity for storytellers to associate Lex Luthor and with the field of science as they challenge our morals and integrity with real world issues such as cloning and what can happen if science fiction became science reality.
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, Justice League vs. The Fatal Five – An entertaining, insightful exciting look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection.
- From the DC Vault: Superman: The Animated Series, “Heavy Metal”
- From the DC Vault: Justice League Unlimited, “Panic in the Sky”
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for this DC Universe Movie, the Blu-ray cover art, and the official announcement about the upcoming releases.
The first three films in the “X-Men” film franchise will be getting released in the form of the “X-Men 3-Film Collection“ on the 4K UHD Blu-ray format on September 25th via Fox, according to retailer listings. The title has not yet officially been announced by the studio, so we don’t have any specific tech specs to go on here. It’s worth noting that this joins the three latter “X-Men” films already available on the format, also released bundled together, but also separately. No word yet on if these will receive individual releases, like the latter films, anytime soon or not.
The release will be a 6-disc “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Discs of the three films also included, along with a Digital Copy of each film. The three films included in this set are “X-Men” (2000), “X2: X-Men United” (2003) – both directed by Bryan Singer – and “X-Men: The Last Stand” (2006) directed by Brett Ratner. The 4K set is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon. UPDATE: This title is now available for PRE-ORDER also over at Best Buy, again with the cover art I originally featured.
EDITORIAL NOTE: The artwork (pictured above) comes from UK retailer HMV, and is of the UK version. However, it could be what we see here stateside. [CONFIRMED]
The 2004 Jonathan Hensleigh directed film “The Punisher“ starring Thomas Jane and John Travolta is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 25th via Lionsgate. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both varieties of High Dynamic Range, HDR10 and Dolby Vision will be included. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc, as well as a Digital Copy, of the film also included. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with director Jonathan Hensleigh
- Deleted Scene with optional director Commentary
- “Introduction of Saints and Sinners Club”
- “Livia Saint Insults Mickey Duka”
- “Keepin’ It Real: The Punisher Stunts” Featurette
- “Army of One: The Punisher Origins” Featurette
- “War Journal: On the Set of The Punisher” Featurette
- Music Video “Step Up” Performed by Drowning Pool
- “Drawing Blood: Bradstreet Style” Featurette
UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon.
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the official announcement for this release.