– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2004 Michael Mann directed film “Collateral“ starring Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on December 8th via Paramount. The film co-starred Jada Pinkett Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Peter Berg, Bruce McGill, Javier Bardem, Irma P. Hall, and Barry Shabaka Henley.
Tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio from a new 4K remaster that was done “under the supervision of the director” [Michael Mann]. No specific details yet regarding the audio format or configuration on this release, but I have put in an inquiry directly to the studio (Paramount) about this and I hope to hear back and provide you all with an update soon.
This release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart (in this case: “remastered, offering an exceptional viewing experience”) and digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Commentary by Director Michael Mann
- City of Night: The Making of Collateral
- Special Delivery
- Deleted Scene with Commentary
- Shooting on Location: Annie’s Office
- Tom Cruise & Jamie Foxx Rehearse
- Visual FX: MTA Train
Below, after the break, you can find the full information regarding the announcement of this upcoming 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film.
The 2018 Peter Berg directed film “Mile 22“ starring Mark Wahlberg is coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 13th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The Blu-ray will come as a “combo pack” with a DVD and a Digital Copy of the film included. The title is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy – where the release date is listed. The film co-stars Lauren Cohan, John Malkovich, Iko Uwais, Carlo Alban, Natasha Goubskaya, and Ronda Rousey.
UPDATE: This title has now officially been announced by the studio. Tech specs for this release will include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Overwatch: Follow the “Overwatch”, the para-military division in Mile 22, and explore the background and inspiration as to why this type of team was chosen for the film.
- Introducing Iko: A spotlight on world-renowned action star Iko Uwais and his experience with combat fighting, stunt work and choreographing his own scenes in the film.
- Iko Fight: Interview with Iko Uwais discussing his intense fight scenes from the practice room to the final shot.
- Bad Ass Women: A behind-the-scenes look with stars Lauren Cohan and Ronda Rousey along with writer Lea Carpenter, discussing stunts, intellectual smarts and the overall tenacity of the film’s female characters.
- BTS Stunts: An in-depth take on the creation of the action-packed stunts of Mile 22 with commentary from Director Peter Berg and the film’s stars.
- Modern Combat: Explore the concept of modern action cinema, where scenes are created and shot in real time with multiple cameras, mesmerizing cinematography and intense action stunts.
- Colombia: Take a tour Bogota, Colombia with the cast and filmmakers discussing key filming location points.
There is no mention or any indication that a 4K UHD Blu-ray version is coming stateside from this bit of news. However, it is worth noting that an Australian retailer (EZYDVD.au) is listing the title on 4K UHD Blu-ray for pre-order with a November release date (a tad bit further off than stateside). This is worth noting, even if a 4K version doesn’t get released stateside, as ALL 4K UHD Blu-ray titles are REGION FREE – meaning they will play anywhere in the world, unlike Blu-ray and DVD (which a region locked). Stay tuned for further details as this title should be getting officially announced soon by the studio. Perhaps soon we will know if or if not a 4K version will be released here in the United States.
Below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this release.