Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2020 TV series “The Haunting of Bly Manor“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 12th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The TV series, as seen streaming on Netflix and created by Mike Flanagan, starred Victoria Pedretti, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Amelia Eve, T’Nia Miller, Rahul Kohli, Tahirah Sharif, Amelie Bea Smith, Kate Siegel, and Henry Thomas.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray set have not yet been detailed but you can expect 1080p HD video in the 2.00:1 aspect ratio with likely a lossless 5.1 surround sound mix, spanning across a 3-disc set (as the artwork’s spine indicates). However, stay tuned for an update on tech specs for this release. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with this release are listed below.
- Go behind the scenes with EXCLUSIVE special features including:
- Home for the Haunted: The Ghosts of Bly Manor – Featurette
- Welcome to Bly Manor – Featurette
- Audio Commentary by Director/Creator Mike Flanagan
- Audio Commentary by Director Liam Gavin
- Audio Commentary by Director Axelle Carolyn
It’s also worth noting that there will be “The Haunting: 2-Series Collection“ set on Blu-ray Disc available on the same day (October 12th) which combines the first season of the series (technically) “The Haunting of Hill House” with the latter (second) season. That Blu-ray is also now available for preorder over at Amazon. That set can be found pictured below.
UPDATE: This title has been officially announced by the studio (Paramount) and you can find the full details below, after the break.
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2020 version of “The Invisible Man” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on May 26th, via Universal, according to retailers. The film, directed by Leigh Whannell & produced by Jason Blum‘s Blumhouse, stars Elisabeth Moss, Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Harriet Dyer, Aldis Hodge, Storm Reid, and Michael Dorman. The film received a very good response from both film critics and moviegoers, in fact, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K release include video presented in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 (100 gigabytes) disc. The technical specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions of the film (on home video) will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will be getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will be getting a DVD, and each includes a digital code (copy of the film). You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below and do note that the 4K UHD Blu-ray features all the extras in 4K resolution.
- Deleted Scenes
- Moss Manifested
- Director’s Journey with Leigh Whannell
- The Players
- Timeless Terror
- Feature Commentary with Writer/Director Leigh Whannell
The 2018 TV series “The Haunting of Hill House“ is coming to Blu-ray Disc on October 15th via Paramount. The show (as seen on Netflix) in its first season, directed by Mike Flanagan, featured a cast of Oliver Jackson-Cohen, Victoria Pedretti, Michiel Huisman, Carla Gugino, Henry Thomas, Elizabeth Reaser, and Kate Siegel.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the release include 1080p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound. The Blu-ray release is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. The season will be presented in an “Extended Director’s Cut” featuring never-before-seen content on three out of the ten episodes. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- EP 101: Steven Sees a Ghost
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut
- Steven Sees a Ghost Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 105: The Bent-Neck Lady
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut
- The Bent-Neck Lady Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 106: Two Storms
- Two Storms Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
- EP 110: Silence Lay Steadily
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut
- Silence Lay Steadily Extended Director’s Cut Commentary by Director Mike Flanagan
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming Blu-ray release.