The 1987 Paul Verhoeven directed film “RoboCop” will be getting Limited Edition box set and Steelbook Blu-ray Disc releases on November 26th via Arrow Video. The film starred Peter Weller, Nancy Allen, Dan O’Herlihy, Ronny Cox, Ray Wise, and Kurtwood Smith. The tech specs for the limited edition Blu-ray included 1080p video in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio from a director-approved 4K restoration with lossless Stereo and 4.0 as well as DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. This release will include both the Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film. You can find the Limited Edition Blu-ray box set and the Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray (pictured below) both available for pre-order now over at Amazon.
The Limited Edition Blu-ray box set version will include some physical bonus materials in the form of a booklet, a reversible sleeve, six collectible postcards, and a double-sided fold-out poster (pictured below).
Below, after the break, you can find details about this 4K restoration, the audio mixes, and finally see a full list of the bonus materials set to be included on the 2-disc set.
The 1978 Robert Zemeckis directed film “I Wanna Hold Your Hand“ is finally getting a Blu-ray Disc release on March 26th, via The Criterion Collection. The film, co-wrote by Bob Gale and produced by Steven Spielberg, featured a story involving teenagers traveling to see the legendary performance by The Beatles on “The Ed Sullivan Show” taping. The cast included Nancy Allen, Bobby Di Cicco, Marc McClure, Susan Kendall Newman, Theresa Saldana, Wendie Jo Sperber, and Eddie Deezen.
The film has received a new 4K restoration, that was approved by both the director (Zemeckis) and co-writer (Bob Gale). Tech specs include 1080p in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The title on Blu-ray is available to pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials (and specific details regarding the restoration) are listed below.
- New 4K digital restoration, approved by director Robert Zemeckis and cowriter Bob Gale, with 5.1 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- New conversation among Zemeckis, Gale, and executive producer Steven Spielberg
- New interview with actors Nancy Allen and Marc McClure
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Zemeckis and Gale
- The Lift (1972) and A Field of Honor (1973), two early short films by Zemeckis
- Trailer and radio spots
- PLUS: An essay by critic Scott Tobias
- New cover by Manansseh Johnson