Tag Archives: Marisa Tomei
The 2020 film “The King of Staten Island“ starring Pete Davidson is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on August 25th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed & co-written by Judd Apatow, co-starred Marisa Tomei, Bill Burr, Steve Buscemi, Bel Powley, and Maude Apatow. Tech specs for the release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will also include its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- ALTERNATE ENDINGS (WHICH DIDN’T WORK!)
- DELETED SCENES
- GAG REEL
- THE KID FROM STATEN ISLAND – Pete Davidson and Judd Apatow sit down for a discussion about the movie, their experiences working together, and what it meant to film a movie inspired by Pete’s life. Also hear from Pete’s family, friends, and cast members who shed more light on the kid from Staten Island.
- JUDD APATOW’S PRODUCTION DIARIES – Director Judd Apatow speaks to camera, giving the daily “scoop” on set and discussing the scenes at hand.
- YOU’RE NOT MY DAD: WORKING WITH BILL BURR – Judd Apatow discusses how Bill Burr was perfect for the role of “Ray Bishop” while Bill discusses his favorite moments acting alongside Pete Davidson and the meaningful relationship that their characters form.
- MARGIE KNOWS BEST: WORKING WITH MARISA TOMEI – Judd Apatow describes the honor he had of working with Marisa Tomei who plays Pete Davidson’s fictional mom “Margie.” Pete, his mom Amy Davidson, and other cast and crew also describe their amazement at Marisa’s ability to nail the role and the joy of having her on set.
- FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS: WORKING WITH BEL POWLEY – Bel Powley describes her friendship with Pete Davidson, getting the role of “Kelsey” in the film, and what it was like navigating her character’s push and pull relationship with “Scott.”
- SIBLING RIVALRY: WORKING WITH MAUDE APATOW – Maude Apatow discusses what it was like playing “Claire,” a character based on Pete Davidson’s real sister. Also, Pete and Judd Apatow discuss the real elements of the brother/sister relationship that are reflected in the movie.
- BEST FRIENDS: WORKING WITH RICKY, MOISES, & LOU – Ricky Velez, Moises Arias, and Lou Wilson discuss their characters, the chemistry of Scott’s “best friend” group, and what it was like working with each other on set.
- PAPA: WORKING WITH STEVE BUSCEMI – Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson, and filmmakers reveal why Steve Buscemi was the perfect man for the part of “Papa,” and discuss the integral role his character plays in the film.
- FRIENDS OF FIREFIGHTERS STAND-UP BENEFIT – Watch the benefit comedy show—featuring Bill Burr, Ricky Velez, and Lynne Koplitz—that Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson hosted while filming THE KING OF STATEN ISLAND. All proceeds went to the Friends of Firefighters organization.
- SCOTT DAVIDSON TRIBUTE – Scott Davidson was a member of the FDNY and was tragically lost on September 11th, 2001. Judd Apatow, Pete Davidson and his family, plus former friends and co-workers of Scott, share stories in honor of the man they knew.
- OFFICIAL TRAILER
- WHO IS PETE DAVIDSON? – Pete Davidson’s family, friends, and the filmmakers discuss their hopes of what will come from the release of The King of Staten Island, while Pete and Judd share why it was so important to Pete to make this film.
- THE FIREHOUSE – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss what it was like shooting scenes in a real firehouse and the responsibility they felt to capture the environment authentically.
- PETE’S CASTING RECS – Judd Apatow and Pete Davidson discuss how Pete’s decision to cast a large group of his friends was beneficial to achieving the goal of the movie. Plus, Pete’s friends discuss their relationships with Pete and their experiences working on the film.
- PETE’S ‘POPPY’ (GRANDPA) – Judd Apatow shares his experiences directing Pete Davidson’s grandfather in his acting debut.
- VIDEO CALLS
- FEATURE COMMENTARY WITH DIRECTOR/CO-WRITER JUDD APATOW AND ACTOR/CO-WRITER PETE DAVIDSON
Further below, after the break, you’ll find the full announcement issued today regarding the upcoming release of this film on home video.
The 2018 sequel “Spider-Man: Far From Home” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Sony. The film which is part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” from Marvel Studios was directed by Jon Watts. The cast to this film included Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, Zendaya, and Jacob Batalon. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably just a 5.1 or 7.1 DTS-HD MA lossless mix – although not specified by the studio in the press release. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions are now both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook (pictured below) which is available to pre-order.
Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each version. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
The 2018 Blumhouse produced film “The First Purge“ directed by Gerard McMurray is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Universal Studios. The first retailer showing its release date is Best Buy, as you can see. It’s already available for PRE-ORDER on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K release including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray release including a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film included.
UPDATE: Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p 4K video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 (for of High Dynamic Range) and DTS:X sound. The Blu-ray Disc release tech specs include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS:X sound. An Exclusive Steelbook of the 4K version of this film will be available at Best Buy, which you can find more information on reported HERE.
Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scene
- A Radical Experiment – Cast and filmmakers discuss how The First Purge expands on the themes of the franchise, making them more culturally relevant than ever before.
- Bringing the Chaos – Violence is inescapable in The First Purge. Here we explore the elements that ramped up the action in the film and made it the most intense installment yet.
- The Masks of the First Purge – A good disguise is a key part of a successful Purge night. In this featurette, we take a look at how the masks in the film added to the terror of The First Purge.
It’s also worth noting that Best Buy will be getting some EXCLUSIVE Steelbook releases for the films in “The Purge” franchise on 4K UHD Blu-ray. These can be found further below, after the break as well as the official announcement for the release of “The First Purge” on home video.