Tag Archives: Marc Maron
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Respect“ starring Jennifer Hudson is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 9th, via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, a biopic about the late singer Aretha Franklin, was directed by Liesl Tommy, and co-stars Forest Whitaker, Marlon Wayans, Tituss Burgess, Audra McDonald, and Marc Maron.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that it will come with its DVD counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film. You can find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- The Making of Respect – Explore the unique telling of this Aretha Franklin story, what the project meant to all involved and how music played a pivotal role in crafting this film.
- Becoming Aretha – Take a behind the scenes look at Jennifer Hudson’s incredible transformation into the Queen of Soul including her commitment to the character, her connection with the late singer, and why inhabiting the legendary artist felt more like destiny than anything else.
- Capturing a Legacy – A celebration of director Liesl Tommy’s artistry and professionalism as the cast and crew express their appreciation and admiration for her and her process.
- From Muscle Shoals – Sit-down with the cast, crew and some of the original musicians that recorded with Aretha at Muscle Shoals to learn about this crucial time period in Aretha’s life and how it helped propel her evolution.
- Exploring the Design of Respect – Production designer Ina Mayhew and costume designer Clint Ramos discuss the research they conducted in order to create the beautiful sets in the film as well as the various custom-made wardrobes that span three decades of style.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer and full announcement about the home video release of the film.
2019’s much talked about film “Joker” starring Joaquin Phoenix is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 7th via Warner. The film, directed by Todd Phillips, co-stars Robert De Niro, Zazie Beetz, Frances Conroy, Brett Cullen, and Marc Maron. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and each getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. It’s also worth noting that there will be an exclusive SteelBook 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film available over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below) which is now available for preorder.
Below you can find a list of bonus materials set to be included on the releases.
- Joker: Vision & Fury
- Becoming Joker
- Please Welcome… Joker!
- Joker: A Chronicle of Chaos
Further below, after the break, you can find even further info regarding the home video releases of this film.