Tag Archives: Kyle Chandler
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 film “Godzilla vs. Kong” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on June 15th via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. This latest in the “MonsterVerse” was directed by Adam Wingard. Godzilla vs. Kong stars Alexander Skarsgård, Kyle Chandler, Millie Bobby Brown, Rebecca Hall, Brian Tyree Henry, Shun Oguri, and Demián Bichir. It’s worth noting, at the time of writing this, the film is “Certified Fresh” over at Rotten Tomatoes.
The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATE: You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available over at Amazon, as well as at retailer Target. Stay tuned for when Amazon preorder listings go live for both versions of the film. Also, there will be a 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available as a retailer exclusive over at Best Buy. It’s not yet a functional preorder and is only stating coming soon on its placeholder page. The art for that 4K SteelBook is expected to be what I’ve originally shown a bit below.
The bonus materials set to be included with both releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Director Adam Wingard
- 10 Featurettes on Blu-ray — Over an Hour of Excitement — Including:
- The Phenomenon of Gojira, King of the Monsters
- The Evolution of Kong, Eighth Wonder of the World
- Round One: Battle at Sea
- Round Two: One Will Fall
Stay tuned for when the studio [Warner] officially announces this release for further details. Finally, below is a glimpse at that 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook‘s artwork.
Below, after the break, you can find the cover art for the Blu-ray release of the film as well as the trailer, and finally the official announcement regarding the home video releases.
The 2011 film “Super 8“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 25th via Paramount Home Entertainment. The film, both written and directed by J.J. Abrams as well as produced by Steven Spielberg, starred Elle Fanning, AJ Michalka, Kyle Chandler, Joel Courtney, Ryan Lee, Zach Mills, Riley Griffiths, Gabriel Basso, and Bruce Greenwood. It has received a new 4K remaster for this release. The tech specs for the 4K release include a 2160p presentation in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby TrueHD 7.1 sound.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. Also, there will be a 10th Anniversary 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook available for this release (pictured below), which will be available at all online retailers. You can now find that 4K SteelBook available for preorder over at Amazon.
The release will come in with a digital code (copy) of the film. Bonus materials will be housed on the 4K disc and are listed below.
4K Ultra HD Disc
- Feature film in 4K Ultra HD
- Commentary by J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, and Larry Fong
- The Dream Behind Super 8 (HD)
- The Search for New Faces (HD)
- Meet Joel Courtney (HD)
- Rediscovering Steel Town (HD)
- The Visitor Lives (HD)
- Scoring Super 8 (HD)
- Do You Believe in Magic? (HD)
- The 8mm Revolution (HD)
- Easter Eggs (HD)
- Deconstructing the Train Crash (HD)
- Deleted Scenes (HD)
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the 4K release of this film.
The 2019 film “Godzilla: King of the Monsters” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on August 27th via Warner. The film, directed by Michael Dougherty, stars Kyle Chandler, Vera Farmiga, Millie Bobby Brown, Thomas Middleditch, and Ken Watanabe. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range as well as Dolby Atmos sound. NOTE: This is the first 4K title Warner has released with the HDR10+ form of HDR – as discussed HERE by John Archer of Forbes. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably the same Dolby Atmos sound? The press release didn’t mention but feel free to inform me if that’s not the case. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both receiving a digital code (digital copy) of the film. Both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the two released are listed below.
- Commentary by Director
- Godzilla: Nature’s Fearsome Guardian
- Mothra: Queen of the Monsters
- King Ghidorah: The Living Extinction Machine
- Rodan: Airborne God of Fire
- Godzilla 2.0
- Making Morthra
- Creating Ghidorah
- Reimagining Rodan
- The Yunnan Temple
- Castle Bravo
- The Antarctic Base
- The Isla de Mara Volcano
- The Undersea Lair
- Millie Bobby Brown: Force of Nature
- Monster Tech: Monarch Joins the Fight
- Monsters Are Real
- Welcome to the Monsterverse
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find further details about the upcoming 4K and Blu-ray releases of this film.
The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal. This tells the story of NASA astronaut Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, features a supporting cast of Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Christopher Abbott, and Ciarán Hinds.
Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-100). Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound (on a BD-50). Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and a Digital Copy on each. You can pre-order the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- Shooting for the Moon – Take an intimate look at the production of FIRST MAN and the collaborative relationship between Director Damien Chazelle and Ryan Gosling.
- Preparing to Launch – It’s difficult to believe that FIRST MAN is the first major feature film to tell the journey of Apollo 11. Hear from Director Damien Chazelle and his cast why now is the time to tell the story of this historic event.
- Giant Leap in One Small Step – A heroic character study, FIRST MAN sheds light on all the hard working individuals that got us to the moon and back.
- Mission Gone Wrong – Watch as Ryan Gosling reenacts a test piloting sequence gone terribly wrong. Go behind the scenes to see how he trained to nail the landing, performing the majority of his own stunts.
- Putting You In the Seat – Through the use of innovative technology, most of FIRST MAN was shot in-camera. Take an in-depth look behind the lens of this epic film.
- Recreating the Moon Landing – Filmed in IMAX to show the vastness of the moon, find out all that it took to recreate the most famous moment in NASA history.
- Shooting at NASA – Hear from Ryan Gosling and Director Damien Chazelle on how shooting at NASA brought unparalleled authenticity to FIRST MAN.
- Astronaut Training – Go behind the scenes of the three day boot camp each of the actors underwent prior to filming FIRST MAN.
- Feature Commentary with Director Damien Chazelle, Screenwriter Josh Singer and Editor Tom Cross
Further below, after the break, you can find the artwork for the Blu-ray and the official announcement regarding these upcoming releases.
RUMOR: The 2018 film “First Man” starring Ryan Gosling is apparently coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 22nd, 2019 via Universal – according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Damien Chazelle, co-stars Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Corey Stoll, Patrick Fugit, and Christopher Abbott. The tech specs and bonus materials for the releases have not yet been detailed, as this is just a rumor at this point, but stay tuned for updates. It is known (from the artwork) that the releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both getting a Digital Copy of the film. PRE-ORDER listings are available for 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray over at Amazon and Best Buy. As with all rumors, take this with a “grain of salt” so-to-speak until the title is officially announced by the studio (Universal).