Tag Archives: Keanu Reeves
The 2020 sequel “Bill & Ted Face the Music“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on November 10th via Warner. The film, directed by Dean Parisot, stars Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, Samara Weaving, Brigette Lundy-Paine, Kristen Schaal, William Sadler, and Amy Stoch. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the Blu-ray already available for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- The Official Bill & Ted Face The Music Panel at Comic-Con@Home
- Be Excellent to Each Other
- A Most Triumphant Duo
- Death’s Crib
- Social Piece (Excellence)
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the upcoming Blu-ray releases as well as the digital distribution deal with Warner.
The 2013 film “47 Ronin” starring Keanu Reeves seems to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on May 5th, via Universal, according to retailers. The movie, directed by Carl Rinsch, co-starred Hiroyuki Sanada, Tadanobu Asano, Ko Shibasaki, and Min Tanaka. The tech specs for the 4K release include video in the 2.40:1 aspect with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Keanu & Kai
- Steel Fury: The Fights of 47 Ronin
- Myths, Magic & Monsters: The FX of 47 Ronin
- Deleted Scenes
- Re-Forging the Legend
And lastly, while I’m discussing the film on 4K, it seems important to remind you as I had previously reported to you last week, it will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release over at retailer Best Buy (pictured below).
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 2013 film “47 Ronin” starring Keanu Reeves seems to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray in SteelBook on May 5th, via Universal, according to retailer Best Buy. The movie, directed by Carl Rinsch, co-starred Hiroyuki Sanada, Tadanobu Asano, Ko Shibasaki, and Min Tanaka. The release’s tech specs have not yet been detailed at all since it’s lacking an official release announcement, but stay tuned. There’s already a preorder listing available for the 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook which will be exclusive to retailer Best Buy.
UPDATE: There’s also going to be a standard 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film and it is now available for preorder over at Amazon. I’ll be posting a news story regarding it and listing the tech specs and bonus materials set to be included in the coming hour.
The 2019 Pixar sequel “Toy Story 4” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 8th via Disney. The film, directed by Josh Cooley, features the voice talents of Tom Hanks, Tim Allen, Annie Potts, Tony Hale, Keegan-Michael Key, Jordan Peele, Madeleine McGraw, Christina Hendricks, Joan Cusack, Bonnie Hunt, Kristen Schaal, and Keanu Reeves. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p UHD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and both getting a digital code (copy) of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Best Buy. Stay tuned for Amazon pre-order listings when those go live. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- ‘Toy Stories – The Toy Story 4 cast and crew share their love of toys!
- Woody & Buzz – Take a look at the relationship between these two legendary characters.
- Bo Rebooted – Discover how Team Bo reimagined all aspects of Bo Peep’s identity to arrive at the fully realized character seen in the film.
- Toy Box – Enjoy a collection of mini-docs on the film’s memorable new characters, featuring the voice actors, director Josh Cooley and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters fun and lovable
- Let’s Ride With Ally Maki – Ally Maki, voice of Giggle McDimples, learns all about Pixar’s dialogue recording process from director Josh Cooley and his team.
- Deleted Scenes introduced by director Josh Cooley including:
- Scamming Playtime
- Bo Knows Hippos
- Desperate Toys
- Recruit Duke
- She’s The One
- Audio Commentary, Trailers and more!
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life. [Digital Exclusive]
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime [Digital Exclusive]
It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive 4K Steelbook release of the film (pictured below), which is now available for pre-order.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding these upcoming release of the film.
The 2019 sequel “John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum” starring Keanu Reeves is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 10th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Chad Stahelski, co-stars Halle Berry, Ian McShane, Laurence Fishburne, Mark Dacascos, and Anjelica Huston. The tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect and Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy (code) of the film.
The 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray are both now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting some Exclusive 4K Steelbook releases. The first (pictured below) is a traditional 4K Steelbook and the other option includes that very same 4K Steelbook with mini Steelbook. Those two variations are both now available to pre-order.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “Parabellum: Legacy of the High Table” Featurette
- “Excommunicado” Featurette
- “Check Your Sights” Featurette
- “Saddle Up Wick” Featurette
- “Bikes, Blades, Bridges, and Bits” Featurette
- “Continental in the Desert” Featurette
- “Dog Fu” Featurette
- “House of Transparency” Featurette
- “Shot by Shot” Featurette
- Theatrical Trailer #1
- Theatrical Trailer #2
- John Wick Hex Game Trailer
- “Behind the Scenes of John Wick Hex” Featurette
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
It appears “The Matrix Trilogy“ will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook release on June 4th via Warner at retailer Best Buy. The films in the trilogy, already available individually on the 4K format, included:
- “The Matrix” (1999)
- “The Matrix Reloaded” (2003)
- “The Matrix Revolutions” (2003)
The 3-disc set will include all three films in the trilogy in just their 4K versions only with no Blu-ray Disc counterparts. Digital copies of the films are said to be included. I’m not sure if this means these will lack bonus materials or not, as they are housed on the Blu-ray Disc for the first film. The first film, originally released back in 1999, is now celebrating its 20th anniversary. So, that’s likely the marketing choice made here by Warner. Considering the rather expensive price tag, I think only the ultimate fans will be making a purchase of the set. That being said, the 4K Steelbook set is now available for pre-order over at Best Buy.
Science fiction thriller “Replicas“ featuring Keanu Reeves and Alice Eve is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 16th via Lionsgate. The film, directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff, features a supporting cast consisting of Thomas Middleditch, John Ortiz, Emjay Anthony, and Emily Alyn Lind. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film included. The Blu-ray doesn’t have a functional pre-order listing yet over at Amazon, but there is a placeholder. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Audio Commentary with Director Jeffrey Nachmanoff and Executive Producer James Dodson
- “Imprint Complete: The Making of Replicas” Featurette
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full details about this upcoming release from the official announcement.