Disney’s “Mary Poppins Returns” comes to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in March
The 2018 sequel “Mary Poppins Returns” starring Emily Blunt is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on March 19th via Disney. The film, directed by Rob Marshall & nominated for 4 Oscars, co-stars Lin-Manuel Miranda, Ben Whishaw, Emily Mortimer, Julie Walters, Meryl Streep, and Colin Firth. Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Each release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and each getting a digital copy of the film included. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray are both available to pre-order over at Best Buy, but only the Blu-ray is currently listed on Amazon. Stay tuned for an update on that. There will be a Steelbook exclusive to retailer Best Buy for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release, which you can pre-order now and find pictured below.
Both releases will include the following bonus materials.
- Deleted Song—“The Anthropomorphic Zoo” – In this early song sequence, Mary Poppins and the children visit a very special zoo where the humans and animals trade places.
- The Practically Perfect Making of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Join filmmakers and cast on an amazing journey to embrace the legacy of the original film while making a fresh modern sequel.
- Introduction – Filmmakers and cast remember the first Mary Poppins movie and share the thrill of working on “Mary Poppins Returns.”
- “(Underneath the) Lovely London Sky” – Discover how the team mined PL Travers’ books for a fresh perspective on a much-loved character. Plus, meet the Banks children!
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Be on location for Mary’s iconic entrance from the sky, and explore the movie’s original songs, inspired by the Sherman Brothers.
- “Nowhere to Go but Up” – Experience being on set with the legendary Dick Van Dyke and Angela Lansbury, and celebrate the joy of choosing the right balloon!
- Seeing Things From a Different Point of View”: The Musical Numbers of “Mary Poppins Returns” – Go behind the scenes and experience the film’s production numbers from a new angle.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – Led by Lin-Manuel Miranda, the cast performs the film’s biggest production number, with dancing lamplighters, bicyclists and more!
- “The Royal Doulton Music Hall” / “A Cover Is Not the Book” – Find out what it takes to create two musical extravaganzas inside an animated world, highlighted by dancing animated penguins!
- “Turning Turtle” – Mary’s eccentric cousin, Topsy Turvy, played by Meryl Streep, has an unusual house that turns this musical number upside-down.
- “Can You Imagine That?” – Dive under the bubbles with the cast and crew to see how this exuberant number was created.
- Back to Cherry Tree Lane: Dick Van Dyke Returns – Dick Van Dyke, who played Bert and Mr. Dawes Sr. in the first film, returns after 54 years to Cherry Tree Lane as Mr. Dawes Jr.
- Practically Perfect Bloopers – There’s nowhere to go but up with the cast and crew in this lighthearted collection of flubs, goofs and prop fails!
- Deleted Scenes
- Leaving Topsy’s – After their visit to Cousin Topsy, Mary, Jack and the children pause to take a look back.
- “Trip a Little Light Fantastic” – The leeries light up the screen in this extended clip from the movie’s biggest musical production.
- Play Movie in Sing-Along Mode – Sing along with all your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Play Movie with Audio Commentary – Watch the film with commentary by director Rob Marshall and producer John DeLuca. [Digital Exclusive]
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for these upcoming releases.