Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Halloween Kills” will be getting an “Extended Cut” (as well as the Theatrical Cut) on its 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc release on January 11th, 2022 which is officially coming from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and directed by David Gordon Green and executive produced by John Carpenter, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Longstreet, Dylan Arnold, Will Patton, Thomas Mann, Scott MacArthur, Michael McDonald, Jim Cummings, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, Michael Smallwood, and Carmela McNeal.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find them available over at retailer Best Buy who will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now listed as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with the physical media releases of the film are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 comedy “Lady of the Manor“ is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on September 21st via Lionsgate. The film, written & directed by Christian Long and Justin Long, stars Melanie Lynskey, Judy Greer, Justin Long, Luis Guzmán, and Ryan Phillippe.
The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 lossless surround sound. You can now find the Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film and include the following bonus materials.
- Audio Commentary with Writers-Directors Christian Long and Justin Long
- A Fart-Warming Tale of Friendship & Vengeance: Making Lady of the Manor
- Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the release.
– Commissions Earned –
The 2005 Cameron Crowe film “Elizabethtown” is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc as a Paramount Presents release on February 9th, 2021, via Paramount. This will be spine #14 in the Paramount Presents series. The film, written & directed by Cameron Crowe, will be making its debut on the Blu-ray Disc format through this release. This romantic comedy starred Kirsten Dunst, Orlando Bloom, Susan Sarandon, Alec Baldwin, Judy Greer, and Jessica Biel. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can for sure expect it to include a 1080p HD presentation and 5.1 lossless surround sound. The movie has received a new 4K transfer that was supervised by the film’s director (Crowe). The release will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. The Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on this release, in addition to the fold-out poster slipcover packaging (pictured below) are listed below.
- New Filmmaker Focus with Crowe
- Never-before-seen Deleted Scenes
- An alternate ending with an introduction by Crowe.
- Previously released special features:
- Deleted and Extended Scenes with an introduction by Crowe
- “On the Road to Elizabethtown”
- “The Music of Elizabethtown”
- “Meet the Crew” featurette
- “Training Wheels” featurette
- A Photo Gallery and more.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming Blu-ray release of the film.
– commissions earned – ad –
The 1999 comedic thriller “Jawbreaker“ is celebrating its 20th Anniversary with a new Blu-ray Disc release coming November 19th, via Sony MOD (manufacture on demand). That means this will ONLY be available online. The film, written & directed by Darren Stein, starred Rose McGowan, Rebecca Gayheart, Julie Benz, Judy Greer, P.J. Soles, Carol Kane, and Pam Grier. Tech specs for the release include 1080p HD video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo mixes. The Blu-ray is now available to preorder over at Amazon and retailer Best Buy. The new 20th Anniversary edition Blu-ray will include a new audio commentary as well as the original extras, listed below.
- 20th Anniversary Retrospective Commentary: with Darren Stein, Rebecca Gayheart, Julie Benz, and Judy Greer
- Original Commentary: with Darren Stein
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding this upcoming 20th Anniversary Blu-ray release of the film.
The 2015 Marvel Studios film “Ant-Man“ starring Paul Rudd appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Marvel (Disney), according to multiple retailer listings. The film, part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and directed by Peyton Reed, co-starred Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll, Evangeline Lilly, Bobby Cannavale, Judy Greer, and Michael Peña. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook release of the film (pictured below) which is available for pre-order as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to those found on the previous Blu-ray, as they actually use that disc for the extras. No new extras will be included on this 4K release.