The 2017 live-action Disney film adaptation of “Beauty and the Beast“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on March 10th, via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Bill Condon, featured a cast of Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Josh Gad, Kevin Kline, Ewan McGregor, Ian McKellen, and Emma Thompson. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed but you can likely expect it to include HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. Also, there’s no info regarding the bonus materials set to be included on the release, but stay tuned for updates on that. The 4K will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray counterpart and a digital code (copy of the film). You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. It is certainly worth noting that Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is available for preorder.
Tag Archives: Josh Gad
The 2019 CG animated sequel “Frozen II” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 25th, via Disney. The film, co-directed by Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee, features the voice talents of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Josh Gad, Jonathan Groff, Sterling K. Brown, Evan Rachel Wood, Alfred Molina, Martha Plimpton, and Jason Ritter. The film, nominated for one Academy Award (for best song), received mixed reactions from critics and at the time of writing (barely) carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include video in the same 2.39:1 aspect and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and a digital code (copy) of the film included with each. UPDATED: The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both are now listed for order (yes, order) over at Amazon. You can also find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and the Blu-ray available for order over at retailer Best Buy. Speaking of Best Buy, they will be getting an Exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook for the release (pictured below) which you can also now find available for order.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Sing-Along Version of the Movie – Sing along with your favorite songs as you watch the movie.
- Song Selection – Jump to your favorite musical moments, with on-screen lyrics. Songs include Oscar®-nominated “Into The Unknown,” “All Is Found,” “Some Things Never Change,” “When I Am Older,” “Lost in the Woods,” “Show Yourself,” and “The Next Right Thing”
- Outtakes – Laugh along with the cast of “Frozen 2” as they record their lines, sing their songs and have fun in the recording booth.
- Deleted Scenes – Check out a few scenes that never made the final cut.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck offer a glimpse into their filmmaking process with scenes that didn’t make the final cut.
- Prologue – A battle rages between Arendelle and the Northuldra while a mysterious figure challenges King Agnarr.
- Secret Room – A secret room reveals even more of Anna and Elsa’s past, including a shocking revelation about their mother.
- Elsa’s Dream – Anna’s playful glimpse into Elsa’s dream takes a dark turn.
- Hard Nokks – Kristoff reveals his true feelings about life in Arendelle when the Nokk won’t take no for an answer.
- A Place of Our Own – Elsa uses her magic to relieve Anna’s lingering doubts about their parents’ faith in her.
- Deleted Songs – When it comes to “Frozen 2,” there can never be too much music. Hear some of the songs that got cut from the final film.
- Intro – Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck revel in the chance to share a few songs that didn’t make it into the final film.
- “Home” – Anna savors every moment as she wanders through this kingdom she calls home.
- “I Wanna Get This Right” – Kristoff wants everything to be perfect before he proposes, leaving Anna to wonder, “Will it ever be just right?”
- The Spirits of “Frozen 2” – Cast and crew explore the Scandinavian and Nordic mythology that inspired the spirits inhabiting the enchanted forest of “Frozen 2.”
- Did You Know??? – Olaf asks us the question “Did You Know” as we discover “Frozen 2” fun facts, Easter eggs and tidbits about the making of the film.
- Scoring a Sequel – Composer Christophe Beck combines a 91-piece orchestra with 30 choral voices to create the compelling score for “Frozen 2.”
- Gale Tests – They say you can’t see the wind. Only its effects. Filmmakers give it a shot while creating the playful wind spirit, Gale.
- Gale Test – A young girl and boy play tag in this fully animated effort to “give personality to something that’s invisible.”
- Hand-Drawn Gale Test – A hand-drawn test to bring the precocious wind spirit to life.
- Multi-Language Reel
- “Into the Unknown” in 29 Languages – Hear Elsa’s soaring call to adventure in 29 different languages
- Music Videos – Weezer and Panic! at the Disco lend their voices to a few of the soaring melodies from “Frozen 2.”
- “Into the Unkown” (Panic! at the Disco version) – Panic! at the Disco frontman Brendon Urie stars in their version of “Into The Unknown” from “Frozen 2.”
- “Lost in the Woods” (Weezer version) – Weezer puts their spin on Kristoff’s epic ballad, “Lost In the Woods.”
- Meet the Lopezes – Meet the award-winning husband-and-wife team behind the incredible songs from “Frozen” and “Frozen 2.”
- Deleted Song “Unmeltable Me” – An animatic version of Olaf’s celebratory song about his newfound freedom.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases of this film.
The 2019 animated sequel “The Angry Birds Movie 2” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 12th via Sony. The film, based on the video game (“Angry Birds”) and directed by Thurop Van Orman, features the voice talents Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Leslie Jones, Bill Hader, Rachel Bloom, Awkwafina, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez, Danny McBride, Peter Dinklage, and Pete Davidson. Tech specs for the 4K and Blu-ray releases have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at Amazon. The releases will both come in form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting the DVD counterpart, and each getting a digital code (copy of the film). The bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- ALL-NEW MINI MOVIE! – “Live Stream”: When Silver attempts her first livestream, Red is the ultimate Angry Bird while the adorable Hatchlings get into mischief.
- 6 Classic Hatchling Mini Movies
- DIY Family Fun!:
- “Hangry Birds: Popcorn Balls”: No need to be angry or hangry with this simple, fun cooking tutorial. Follow along to make Red’s go-to comfort food and enjoy these tasty popcorn balls at home.
- “Smarty Birds: Crafty Volcano”: From the volcano on Eagle Island, Zeta plots her sinister plan and sends her lava balls flying. But why should Zeta have all the fun? Build your own volcano and watch it erupt combining crafts and science in this brainy how-to video!
- “Crafty Birds: Pig Snot!”: Ready to roll up your sleeves and get a little messy? It’s time to mix a few ingredients and create your very own pig snot (slime!). Just make sure to keep it away from Bomb…he likes to drink it. (Eeeew!)
- “Bird Watching”: In this hilarious “birds-eye” view of the real-life species that inspired the artists, we take a trip to the LA ZOO to get up close and personal with real-life Mighty Eagles, Blue Birds, Toucans, and more. With fun reactions from the cast intercut throughout the piece – get ready to laugh, learn and meet some amazing avian friends
- “Meet The New Birds & Pigs”: Join the returning cast and meet the unique new cast members giving voice to the hilarious characters in Angry Birds 2. In exclusive BTS recording sessions and interviews, we’ll see how Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Eugenio Derbez, and Sterling K. Brown bring these unforgettable characters to life.
- “Hatching the Hatchlings”: The Hatchlings are soooooo cute! And in Angry Birds 2, we get to join them on their very own adventure! Meet these mischievous little troublemakers as we talk to filmmakers about the creation of the Hatchlings and their expanded storyline in the film, and hear from cast members about their love for these adorable baby birds.
- “Flocking Together: Making The Angry Birds Movie 2”: Go behind the scenes with the flock of talented artists who worked together to make The Angry Birds Movie 2.
- “Happy Thanks-pigging”: Zeta is not a fan of the traditional Thanksgiving menu!
- “Jingle Birds: A Holiday Song From The Cast of Angry Birds 2”: Sing along with Rachel Bloom and Jason Sudeikis with a new twist on this holiday classic.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming home video releases for this film.
The 2013 animated film “Frozen“ from Walt Disney Animation Studios appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Chris Buck & Jennifer Lee, featured the voice talents of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, Josh Gad, Santino Fontana, and Alan Tudyk. Tech specs and bonus materials for the 4K release have yet to be detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray and a digital code (copy) of the film. The 4K UHD Blu-ray is now available to pre-order over at Amazon and at retailer Best Buy. Best Buy will also be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook release (pictured below) which is available for pre-order as well.