The 1994 sequel “City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold” starring Billy Crystal is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc, for the first time, on May 25th via Shout Factory‘s Shout Select line. The film, directed by Paul Weiland, co-starred Daniel Stern, Jon Lovitz, and Jack Palance. The tech specs for the release should include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 1.85:1 aspect ratio and uncompressed sound, likely in both 5.1 and 2.0 configurations. Stay tuned for if and when those tech specs get officially detailed regarding the sound. The Blu-ray can now be found available for preorder over at Amazon and also directly via Shout! Factory. The bonus materials for this release are currently in production and will be announced closer we come to the release date. So, again, stay tuned for an update regarding this release.
Tag Archives: Jon Lovitz
The 2006 Richard Kelly film “Southland Tales” will be officially getting a Limited Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray release from Arrow Video on January 26th, 2021. The film, previously released on the format back in 2008, will now feature a new 2K video restoration that was “approved by director Richard Kelly and director of photography Steven Poster.” Tech specs for the Limited Edition Blu-ray release include a 1080p HD presentation in the original 2.35:1 aspect ratio with the original lossless DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 Stereo sound mixes. This release will include both the film’s 145-minute Theatrical cut and also the 160-minute “Cannes” cut — as shown at the Cannes Film Festival. The film’s cast included Dwayne Johnson, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seann William Scott, Justin Timberlake, John Larroquette, Jon Lovitz, Wood Harris, Christopher Lambert, Amy Poehler, Cheri Oteri, Will Sasso, Wallace Shawn, Mandy Moore, Beth Grant, Zelda Rubinstein, and Kevin Smith.
- Audio commentary on the theatrical cut by Richard Kelly
- It’s a Madcap World: The Making of an Unfinished Film, a new in-depth retrospective documentary on the film, featuring contributions by Richard Kelly and members of the original crew
- USIDent TV: Surveilling the Southland, an archival featurette on the making of the film, featuring interviews with the cast and crew
- This is the Way the World Ends, an archival animated short set in the Southland Tales universe
- Theatrical trailer
- Image gallery
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Jacey
- Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing by Peter Tonguette and Simon Ward