The 2016 live-action adaptation of “The Jungle Book“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on January 14th, 2020 via Disney, according to retailers. The film, directed by Jon Favreau, starred Neel Sethi and featured the voice talents of Bill Murray, Ben Kingsley, Idris Elba, Lupita Nyong’o, Scarlett Johansson, Giancarlo Esposito, Christopher Walken, and the late Garry Shandling. Tech specs and bonus materials for the release have not yet been detailed but stay tuned for an update on that. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc counterpart of the film (with bonus materials) and a digital code (copy) of the film. You can’t yet find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed on Amazon, but stay tuned for an update on that. In the meantime, however, it is listed over at retailers Best Buy, Target, and Walmart. It’s worth noting that retailer Best Buy will also be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook of the film, which is now available for preorder (pictured below).
Tag Archives: Jon Favreau
– commissions earned – Read more
The 2019 live-action adaptation of “The Lion King” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 22nd via Disney. The film, directed by Jon Favreau, features the voice talents of Donald Glover, Beyonce, Seth Rogen, John Oliver, James Earl Jones, Chiwetel Ejiofor, John Kani, Keegan-Michael Key, Eric Andre, and Billy Eichner. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The technical specifications for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 1.78:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 sound. Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting the Blu-ray counterpart (including extras), the Blu-ray getting the DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc of the film are now both available for preorder over at Amazon. There also will be a 4K Steelbook (pictured below) exclusive to retailer Best Buy, which you can also find available for preorder. In addition to that, retailer Target will be getting the typical exclusive Story Book (pictured below) style packaging that you can find up for preorder as well.
Bonus materials set to be included on the releases of the film are listed below.
- Perfecting the Pride – Join the filmmakers on their research trip to Africa as they immerse themselves in the real world of “The Lion King.” From the animals in the pride, to the smallest of insects and the grasslands in the savanna, experience the attention to detail that brought the film to life.
- Pride Lands Pedia —Dung beetle shares the importance of his “roll” in the African Savanna in a fun, bug’s eye view of the land and its inhabitants.
BLU-RAY & DIGITAL BONUS:
- The Journey to “The Lion King” –
- The Music – Go inside the studio with the cast and crew as they work to honor and elevate The Lion King’s beloved music.
- The Magic – Discover how the filmmakers blended the traditional filmmaking techniques with virtual reality technology to create amazing movie magic.
- The Timeless Tale – Filmmakers and cast reflect on the story that has moved generations and share how this Lion King carries a proud legacy forward.
- More to Be Scene – Recording studio and layer-by-layer progressions of some of most iconic moments in “The Lion King.”
- “Circle of Life” – Peel back the layers of effects and go behind the scenes of this iconic musical moment from the film
- “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” – See all the effects, talent and fun that went into creating this vibrant version of “I Just Can’t Wait to Be King” for the movie
- “Hakuna Matata” – Join Donald Glover (Simba), Seth Rogen (Pumbaa) and Billy Eichner (Timon) in the studio for the making of this memorable scene.
- Music Videos
- “Never Too Late” (lyric video) by Elton John
- “Spirit” performed by Beyoncé Knowles-Carter
- Filmmaker Introduction
- Audio Commentary – By Director Jon Favreau.
- Song Selection
- “Circle of Life”
- “I Just Can’t Wait to be King”
- “Be Prepared”
- “Hakuna Matata”
- “The Lion Sleeps Tonight”
- “Never Too Late”
- Protect the Pride –Director Jon Favreau, the Lion Recovery Fund and conservationists highlight efforts to protect the majestic lions and their home.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding those upcoming releases of the film.
The 2018 sequel “Spider-Man: Far From Home” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 1st via Sony. The film which is part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” from Marvel Studios was directed by Jon Watts. The cast to this film included Tom Holland, Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Gyllenhaal, Marisa Tomei, Jon Favreau, Zendaya, and Jacob Batalon. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range along with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and presumably just a 5.1 or 7.1 DTS-HD MA lossless mix – although not specified by the studio in the press release. The 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc versions are now both available for pre-order over at Amazon. Retailer Best Buy will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook (pictured below) which is available to pre-order.
Both releases will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray getting a DVD, and a digital code (copy) of the film for each version. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- New Original Short, Peter’s To – Do – List: Peter has a few errands to run before he can leave on his class trip.
- Teachers’ Travel Tips: Mr. Harrington & Mr. Dell present a few tips on how to traverse the European continent.
- Stepping Up: Explore how Spider-Man was introduced in the MCU, the ways Tom Holland transformed the character of Peter Parker, and what the future holds for Spider-Man.
- Suit Up: The suit doesn’t make the hero – but it does play a big role in who they are and who they can become. This piece examines all of Peter’s different suits in the movie, and with behind the scenes footage, we see why some suits are better than others.
- Far, FAR, Far from Home: The film’s illustrious locations serve story points and establish tone, but they’re also amazing to travel to! Hear from the cast on their experiences filming on-location.
- It Takes Two: A special look at the chemistry between Jon Watts and Tom Holland.
- Fury & Hill: MCU stalwarts Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson are back as Agent Maria Hill & Nick Fury!
- The Ginter-Riva Effect: A look at the villain sub-plot and how William Ginter-Riva ties Spider-Man: Far From Home all the way back to the beginning of the MCU.
- Thank You, Mrs. Parker: A look at Marisa Tomei’s reimagining of Aunt May, from Homecoming to Far From Home.
- The Brother’s Trust: A quick look into some of the amazing work Tom Holland and his brothers have done through their charity, The Brothers Trust.
- The Jump Off: Interviews with the cast & crew take us through all of the amazing stunts of Far From Home.
- Now You See Me: We examine the evolution of Mysterio and why Jake Gyllenhaal was the perfect fit for the role.
- Stealthy Easter Eggs: Allow E.D.I.T.H. to reveal some of the hidden Easter Eggs you may have missed!
- Select Scene Pre – Vis: A side by side comparison of the Pre-Vis with the film
- Gag Reel & Outakes
- Never-Before-Seen Alternate & Extended Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the upcoming releases of the film.
The five “Marvel Cinematic Universe” films “Iron Man“ (2008), “Iron Man 2“ (2010), “Iron Man 3“ (2013), “Thor“ (2011), and “Thor: The Dark World“ (2013) are all coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on August 13th via Disney‘s Marvel Studios. These films’ tech specs on 4K all include 2160p video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. One last thing from a technical side: there is a variety of the 2.35:1 to 2.40:1 aspect ratios on the five different films. These films all will come in the form of “combo pack” with the Blu-ray Disc counterpart and a digital copy of each included.
All five of these “MCU” film on 4K UHD Blu-ray are now available for pre-order over at Amazon and Best Buy. Bonus materials will be included on the Blu-ray releases and are identical to their previous releases. There will also be limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray Steelbook releases for each film exclusive to retailer Best Buy. Those Steelbooks are now available for pre-order now and you can find them below, after the break, pictured with links.
Ron Howard directed film “Solo: A Star Wars Story” is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on September 25th via LucasFilms (Disney). Tech specs for the 4K include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos 7.1.4 sound. HDR10 High Dynamic Range seems to be the only variety included. There is no mention of Dolby Vision here in the press release. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include full 1080p HD video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 7.1 MA sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with discs of other format included (Blu-ray on the 4K, and DVD on the Blu-ray) with both getting a Digital Copy of the film.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release, so they are are listed below.
- Solo: The Director & Cast Roundtable
Sit down with director Ron Howard and the stars for an intimate and entertaining discussion of the film’s making.
- Team Chewie
See what it takes to bring your favorite Wookiee to life in this lighthearted look behind the scenes.
- Kasdan on Kasdan
Iconic Star Wars screenwriter Lawrence Kasdan and son Jonathan share what it was like to write the movie’s script together.
- Remaking the Millennium Falcon
Track the transformation of the most famous ship in the galaxy, from Lando’s swank and impeccable pride and joy to Han’s stripped-down hot-rod freighter with “special modifications.”
- Escape from Corellia
Get behind the wheel for the making of this high-octane chase through the streets of Corellia.
- The Train Heist
Explore the challenges and thrills of creating this action-packed sequence, including its remote location and spectacular effects.
- Becoming a Droid: L3-37
Meet the newest droid—and the talented actor who helps bring her to life.
- Scoundrels, Droids, Creatures and Cards: Welcome to Fort Ypso
Take an in-depth tour of the rough-and-tumble bar where strangers mix and gamblers risk all in the legendary card game, Sabaac.
- Into the Maelstrom: The Kessel Run
Join Han and Chewie at the controls of the Millennium Falcon to see how this legendary moment in Star Wars history unfolds.
- Deleted Scenes
- Proxima’s Den
- Corellian Foot Chase
- Han Solo: Imperial Cadet
- The Battle of Mimban: Extended
- Han Versus Chewie: Extended
- Snowball Fight!
- Meet Dryden: Extended
- Coaxium Double-Cross
- The Millenium Falcon: From Page to Park – An exclusive look at the history of the most famous ship in the galaxy, its origin and development, and how it will translate in one of the most anticipated expansions in Disneyland’s history.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc art and the official announcement.