Tag Archives: John C. Reilly
“Days of Thunder” races to 4K UHD Blu-ray May
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
The 1990 film “Days of Thunder“ starring Tom Cruise will be celebrating its 30th anniversary in style with a 4K UHD Blu-ray release on May 19th, via Paramount. This film was directed by the late Tony Scott and featured a supporting cast of Nicole Kidman, Robert Duvall, Randy Quaid, Cary Elwes, John C. Reilly, and Michael Rooker. It is known, from the artwork (pictured above), that the release will not come with a Blu-ray as typically found on 4K releases and instead will only include a digital code (copy) of the film.
UPDATES: Paramount has confirmed to me that this title is officially coming out on the date mentioned above. This rumor has been confirmed. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listed for preorder over at Amazon. You can also find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now listed over at retailer Target available for preorder. It’s worth noting that it is stated clearly via Paramount that this has been “newly remastered from a 4K ﬁlm transfer supervised by producer Jerry Bruckheimer.” Amazon has now posted the rear package art and we now have the tech specs which include video in both HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with a Dolby TrueHD 5.1 sound mix. The release will include two bonus materials features, on the 4K disc, which are listed below, both previously never included on Blu-ray. However ironically enough, the Trailer for the film, originally on the Blu-ray is not included here.
- Filmmaker Focus: Days of Thunder
- Isolated Score
Guardians of the Galaxy comes to 4K in October
The 2014 Marvel Studios film “Guardians of the Galaxy“ appears to be coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 1st via Marvel (Disney), according to multiple retailer listings. The film, part of the “Marvel Cinematic Universe” and directed by James Gunn, starred Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Lee Pace, Michael Rooker, Karen Gillan, Djimon Hounsou, John C. Reilly, Glenn Close, Benicio Del Toro, and Sean Gunn. It also featured the voice talents of Vin Diesel and Bradley Cooper. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the Blu-ray and a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray now available for pre-order over at Amazon and at Best Buy. Speaking of retailer Best Buy, they will be getting a 4K Exclusive Steelbook release of the film (pictured below) which is available for pre-order as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the release will be identical to those found on the previous Blu-ray, as they actually use that disc for the extras. No new extras will be included on this 4K release.
“Holmes & Watson” starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly on Blu-ray in April
The 2018 film “Holmes & Watson“ starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on April 9th, via Sony. The film, written and directed by Etan Coen, co-stars Ralph Fiennes, Lauren Lapkus, Kelly Macdonald, Rebecca Hall, Rob Brydon, and Steve Coogan. The tech specs for the Blu-ray haven’t been yet been detailed (in the press release) but you can likely expect 1080p video in the original 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and digital copy of the film included. You can find the Blu-ray available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Line-O-Rama: Watch improv come alive as the actors embrace the Sherlock Holmes canon
- Deleted Scenes
- “I Seem to Have Forgotten My Hat”
- “Did You Hear the Good News”
- “Mrs. Hudson’s Lovers”
- “You Caught Me in A Micro Nap”
- “Sherlock In Love”
- “Carriage Song”
- “Extend Autopsy”
- “Carriage Ride”
- “Feces Merchant”
- “He’s Got One Arm for God Sakes, Catch Him”
- “That Room Is A Sanctuary”
- “Reading My Diary?”
- “We’re Here to Seduce”
- “Is It an Eyepatch?”
- “The Killer’s Next Move Is Elementary”
- “That’s Not the First Anus You’ve Seen Today”
- “I’m Going to Kill the Queen”
- “Calling the Hive to Battle”
- Will and John: Together Again: Nearly Step Brothers, Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly possess and an incredible comedic chemistry. Watch their antics on the set of Holmes and Watson as they reminisce about their hilarious history.
- Seriously Absurd: The Cast: Serious about the craft of acting, Rebecca Hall, Lauren Lapkus and Ralph Fiennes and Billy Zane attempt to keep straight faces working on a set with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly.
- Mrs. Hudson’s Men: The world’s foremost artists, scientists and authors could not resist the allure of Mrs. Hudson.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming release.
“Stan & Ollie” starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly comes to Blu-ray in March
The 2018 film “Stan & Ollie” starring Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 26th, via Sony Pictures Classics. This is a biography about slapstick comedians Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy, which was directed by Jon S. Baird. The movie co-stars Shirley Henderson, Nina Arianda, and Danny Huston. The tech specs for the Blu-ray have not yet been detailed, but stay tuned for a possible update. My personal guess is you can expect 1080p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound, but remember that’s only a guess based on previous releases. The Blu-ray is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon, but stay tuned for a definete update on that. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Four Featurettes
- “Making Stan & Ollie”
- “Playful Prosthetics”
- “The Dancing Duo”
- “Q&A with Cast and Crew”
- Three Deleted Scenes
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming release.
Wreck-It-Ralph – 4K UHD Blu-ray Screenshots
Disney’s “Ralph Breaks The Internet” on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray in February
The 2018 computer animated sequel “Ralph Breaks The Internet” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 26th, via Disney. The film features the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Taraji P. Henson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Alfred Molina, and Ed O’Neill.
Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with High Dynamic Range (likely in HDR10, although not specified) with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and each getting a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both listed over at Amazon to pre-order (for the Blu-ray only so far). It’s also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release (pictured below). That can be pre-ordered now.
Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- How We Broke the Internet – Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios to get an in-depth look at how the filmmakers brought a world to life that billions of people visit every day but never actually see – the internet. Take a front-row seat as the team reveals the inspirations for the story and what it took to bring it to the screen. Discover all that went into developing the characters of the film including netizens like KnowsMore as well as characters like Double Dan. See the lengths the team took to create the car chase scenes in Slaughter Race and much, much more.
- Surfing for Easter Eggs – Surf the web for the near-countless Easter Eggs, inside jokes and references hidden throughout the movie.
- The Music of Ralph Breaks the Internet – Take a look at the music of Ralph Breaks the Internet with appearances by Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels, Alan Menken, Sarah Silverman and more.
- Deleted Scenes – Five deleted scenes with intros from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston. Scenes include Into the Internet, Opposites, Domestic Hell, Bubble of One & Recruiting “Grandma.”
- BuzzzTube Cats – Many videos were created by the animators to fill the screens of the Internet world…and lots of them are of cats! Check out the BuzzzTube to watch this hilarious cat compilation.
- Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.
- Baby Drivers – Slaughter Racing School – Take a spin behind the wheel with the artists behind Ralph Breaks the Internet as they go to race car driving school.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the releases of this film.
John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix in “The Sister Brothers” on Blu-ray February
The 2018 film “The Sisters Brothers” starring John C. Reilly and Joaquin Phoenix is coming to Blu-ray Disc on February 5th, 2019 via Fox. The film is based on a novel and was directed by Jacques Audiard. It features a supporting cast of Jake Gyllenhaal, Riz Ahmed, Rebecca Root, Allison Tolman, Rutger Hauer, and Carol Kane. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD 5.1 Master Audio sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD as well as a Digital Copy of the film included. The Blu-ray is available for pre-order now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included are listed below.
- Striking Gold: Making a “Modern Day” Western
- Q&A Panel
- Promotional Featurettes:
- Brothers Forever
- Wanted Dead or Alive
- Theatrical Trailer
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement for this upcoming Blu-ray release.
“Step Brothers” with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly on 4K UHD Blu-ray October
The 2008 Adam McKay directed comedy “Step Brothers“ starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 2nd via Sony. Tech specs for the release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and Digital Copy of the film included. Lastly, I have to say this: this comes as some excellent news, considering the film today is celebrating its 10th anniversary, as it was released on July 25th, 2008.
UPDATE: This is now available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon and Best Buy.
Bonus materials set to be included on the release are identical to the previous Blu-ray release. They can be found further below, after the break, along with the full announcement for the release.