The 2022 DC film “Black Adam” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on January 3rd, 2023 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment. The film, based on the DC comics character and directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Aldis Hodge, Noah Centineo, Sarah Shahi, Quintessa Swindell, and Pierce Brosnan.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both versions will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each including a digital code (copy) of the film compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc available for preorder over at retailers Amazon and Walmart. UPDATE: You can now also find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy. There will be retail exclusives too, starting at Walmart with an exclusive limited edition 4K UHD Blu-ray Funko Pop! Gift Set (pictured below) and now available for preorder.
As mentioned above, there will be other retailer exclusives for this film. Retailer Best Buy will have an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now available for preorder. Also, retailer Target will have an exclusive Blu-ray version of the film which is now available for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with these releases are listed below.
- The History of Black Adam
- Who is The Justice Society?
- From Soul to Screen
- Black Adam: A Flawed Hero
- Black Adam: New Tech in an Old World
- Black Adam: Taking Flight
- Kahndaq: Designing a Nation
- The Rock of Eternity
- Costumes make the hero
- Black Adam: A new type of action
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the official announcement regarding the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 live-action film adaptation of the popular theme park ride “Jungle Cruise” is officially coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on November 16th via Disney. The film, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, stars Dwayne Johnson, Emily Blunt, Edgar Ramírez, Jack Whitehall, Jesse Plemons, Veronica Falcón, and Paul Giamatti.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio and DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 lossless surround sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will get its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray version will get its DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at retailer Target. They also are listed over at retailer Best Buy but are not yet functional. Speaking of retailers, both will be getting exclusives for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release. Target will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray Art Edition packaging (pictured below) and it is now available for preorder.
Meanwhile, retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook (pictured below) which is now listed but not yet available for preorder. Stay tuned for an update on the chance that this film gets listed on Amazon.
The bonus materials set to be included with the releases are listed below.
- Jungle Cruise Expedition Mode – Climb aboard a ramshackle tramp steamer (or your own couch) to learn fun facts, discover Easter eggs and catch some pop-up trivia throughout the movie.
- It’s A Jungle Out There: Making Jungle Cruise – Director Jaume Collet-Serra, the cast and crew discuss the importance of the film’s elements, from casting to makeup to the use of an ancient indigenous language, in creating the world that honors one of Disneyland’s most beloved rides.
- Dwayne And Emily: Undoubtedly Funny – Go on-set with the two stars, whose new-found friendship helped them project a natural onscreen chemistry. Although their characters challenge each other throughout the film, the actors make each other laugh. A lot!
- Creating The Amazon – Explore the cinematic artistry involved in creating the world of Jungle Cruise, including how Frank’s boat coursed “dangerous” water in a tank in Atlanta, how a town was built in Kauai, and how a ferocious jaguar came to life, among other amazing effects.
- Once A Skip, Always A Skip – Join a panel of “Skippers” at the Disneyland Resort as they reminisce about the rewards, challenges and surprises they’ve experienced while helming the world-famous Jungle Cruise attraction, and hear their advice to aspiring skippers everywhere!
- Outtakes – Step behind the scenes of the production to catch the cast in a series of flubs, falls, foibles — and a whole lot of laughter.
- Deleted Scenes
- MacGregor Drives The Boat
- MacGregor Water Skis
- Joachim And Nilo On The Dock
- Frank Talks To Proxima & Lily’s Nightmares
- Sub Gets Stuck
- Proxima Surprises MacGregor
- Frank Gets The Cold Shoulder
- Trader Sam And Lily Walk In The Jungle
- MacGregor And Trader Sam Say Goodbye
- Frank Makes Tea For Lily
- The Backside Of Water
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film — from last month. If you’re wondering why I’m just now reporting this, it’s because there are finally more details, actual artwork, and of course, there are the retailer exclusives and preorder links or listings now up.