The 2022 sequel “Halloween Ends” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on December 27th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, directed by David Gordon Green, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, Rohan Campbell, Will Patton, Kyle Richards, and James Jude Courtney. This marks the conclusion, as the title suggests, to the “Halloween” film franchise and the story involving the “Laurie Strode” and “Michael Myers” characters.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39.1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in a 2.39.1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will get its Blu-ray counterpart and the Blu-ray release will get its DVD counterpart with each including a digital code (compatible with Movies Anywhere) of the film.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at retailer Best Buy as well as Walmart — with the 4K here and Blu-ray here. It’s most certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is also now available for preorder. Also, retailer Walmart will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray with alternate collectible artwork (pictured further below) and available now for preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with both the 4K and Blu-ray versions of the film are listed below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Michael Shakes Things Up
- Joan’s Bunny Slam
- Corey Reflects Upon Himself
- Ronald’s Stuck at Work
- Margo Gets the Boot
- Joan’s Recipe for Disaster
- Ending HALLOWEEN – HALLOWEEN could never truly end without a decisive showdown between Laurie and Michael. Explore the creative team’s approach to crafting the film’s final sequence.
- Final Girl – The iconic Jamie Lee Curtis discusses the legacy of Laurie Strode and what playing the character has meant to her.
- No Place Like Haddonfield – Filmmakers and cast reveal some of the secret ingredients that make HALLOWEEN productions so special and their personal feelings on being a part of such a classic franchise.
- Gag Reel
- A Different Threat – As Haddonfield evolves to a new era, we examine how the evil within has also evolved.
- The Visions of Terror – See how various production departments came together to achieve the film’s unique visual style.
- Twisted Deaths – An up-close look at some of the gruesome death scenes.
- Feature Commentary with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, actors Andi Matichak and Rohan Campbell, co-producer/first assistant director Atilla Salih Yücer, and production assistant Hugo Garza
UPDATE: It’s also worth noting that there will be a “Halloween Trilogy” released December 27th on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc which is now available for preorder over at retailer Walmart.
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement regarding the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
“The Halloween 4K Collection (1995-2002)“ is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on October 4th via Scream Factory (Shout! Factory). The release will include the following three films (and versions):
- “Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers” (1995)
- Theatrical Cut (88 min) / Producer’s Cut (95 min)
- “Halloween: H20” (1998) Theatrical Cut (86 min)
- “Halloween: Resurrection” (2002) Theatrical Cut (94 min)
Tech specs for the releases include 2160p 4K video presentations, with presumably at least HDR10 form of high dynamic range. The aspect ratios will be 1.85:1 for “Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers” and 2.35:1 for the latter two sequels. Audio will be presented in DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 and 2.0 Stereo for all three films.
The bonus materials have not yet been officially announced. It has been hinted by Justin Beahm that his Reverend Entertainment is working on some new bonus materials for the “Halloween: Resurrection” film specifically. But, again, the special features are “in progress” and will be announced later. So, stay tuned for an update on both.
This 4K set will come in the form of an 8-disc set with each film getting its own thick packaging and individual array cases (pictured below) with the Blu-ray Disc counterparts, housed inside a larger thick cardboard case. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray set available for preorder over at Amazon as well as directly via the ShoutFactory.com store, where you’ll get 3 exclusive bonus posters (while supplies last).
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2021 sequel “Halloween Kills” will be getting an “Extended Cut” (as well as the Theatrical Cut) on its 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc release on January 11th, 2022 which is officially coming from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. The film, co-written and directed by David Gordon Green and executive produced by John Carpenter, stars Jamie Lee Curtis, Judy Greer, Andi Matichak, Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Longstreet, Dylan Arnold, Will Patton, Thomas Mann, Scott MacArthur, Michael McDonald, Jim Cummings, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, Michael Smallwood, and Carmela McNeal.
The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 2160p video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range as well as Dolby Atmos sound, on a BD-100 disc. Tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD video presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with Dolby Atmos sound on a BD-50 disc. The releases will both come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning the 4K will come with its Blu-ray counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with a DVD counterpart, and each will include a digital code (copy) of the film — compatible with Movies Anywhere.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon. Also, you can find them available over at retailer Best Buy who will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below) which is now listed as well.
The bonus materials set to be included with the physical media releases of the film are listed below.
- GAG REEL
- DELETED/EXTENDED SCENES
- HADDONFIELD’S OPEN WOUNDS – Those who die at the hands of Michael Myers are not his only victims. We look at some of the returning characters, and why their past traumatic encounters with The Shape made them natural candidates to try and defend Haddonfield against him.
- THE KILL TEAM – It takes a big team to create a film the scale of HALLOWEEN KILLS, especially when part of the task is raising the bar for Michael’s gruesome kills. We hear the people behind the mayhem discuss how they continue to push the franchise to new heights.
- STRODE FAMILY VALUES – Filmmakers and cast discuss the three generations of Strode women that have been terrorized by The Shape, and the roles Laurie, Karen and Allyson play in trying to vanquish his evil.
- 1978 TRANSFORMATIONS – Shooting new footage that matches the feel of the iconic 1978 footage is no easy task, and even takes a little bit of luck. We reveal some of the secrets of how filmmakers achieved these stunning sequences.
- THE POWER OF FEAR – The impact of Michael Myers’ pure evil extends far beyond his victims. We examine how fear of The Shape changed the psychology of the people of Haddonfield.
- KILL COUNT
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – Director/co-writer David Gordon Green and stars Jamie Lee Curtis and Judy Greer
Further below, after the break, you can find the trailer for the film and the full announcement about the home video releases.
Amazon Commissions Earned
All screenshots are uncompressed in full 3840 x 2160 resolution.
SOURCE: 2021 4K UHD Blu-ray release.
Data capacity: 72.45 Gigabytes (BD-100)
The Movie Uses: 63.9 GB
Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
HDR Form(s): HDR10, Dolby Vision
Click on thumbnails for full-sized images lossless PNG image format.
This set of screenshots: 42 total
VIDEO & REVIEW SOON!
4K UHD Blu-ray Screenshots:
Blu-ray vs. 4K Screenshots Comparison:
SOURCES: 2007 Blu-ray (left), 2021 4K UHD Blu-ray (right)
4K 2018 vs. 2021 Screenshots Comparison:
SOURCES: 2018 4K UHD Blu-ray (left), 2021 4K UHD Blu-ray (right)
2021 4K UHD Blu-ray Release
Amazon Commissions Earned
The first five films in the “Halloween” film franchise have all received new 2021 4K scans and are officially coming to the 4K UHD Blu-ray format in “Collector’s Edition” form individually for each on October 5th via Scream Factory. Those films getting released include the following:
The films each, as previously mentioned have all received a new 4K scan this year and the tech specs for all include a 2160p video presentation (in a variety of aspect ratios) with HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of high dynamic range and new Dolby Atmos sound mixes, as well as some additional mixes. Since things like those aspect ratios and sound mixes vary film-to-film, I’ll be letting you look at the full press release later further below.
You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray listings for each of the films over at Amazon and you can access them via their titles above. You can also find them listed over at ShoutFactory.com with some additional extras you won’t find anywhere else.
The extras included on these new 4K UHD Blu-ray Collector’s Editions for each film are pretty elaborate, spanning across multiple discs in some instances. So, once again, I’ll be providing you with the full press release and details below, after the break.
The 1983 film “Trading Places“ starring Eddie Murphy and Dan Aykroyd will be getting a new limited edition Blu-ray Disc release on December 1st via Paramount Presents. The film, directed by John Landis, co-starred Ralph Bellamy, Denholm Elliott, Don Ameche, Jim Belushi, and Jamie Lee Curtis. This movie has received a new 4K remastered transfer that was supervised by the film’s director (John Landis) as described below:
“Newly remastered from a 4K film transfer supervised by director John Landis, TRADING PLACES cemented Eddie Murphy’s star status. The limited-edition Paramount Presents Blu-ray Disc™ is presented in collectible packaging that includes a foldout image of the film’s theatrical poster and an interior spread with key movie moments. The film will also be available on 4K Ultra HD Digital.”
The tech specs for the release have not yet been fully detailed, but hopefully, I’ll be able to give you a rundown on that soon, as I put in an inquiry to the studio about those. You can find the upcoming Paramount Presents Blu-ray now available for preorder over at Amazon.
This release, spine #12 in the series, will feature the beautiful packaging we have come to expect from the Paramount Presents line, complete with a fold-out mini theatrical poster (pictured below).
Below, you will find a list of the bonus materials set to be included on the Blu-ray release.
- NEW Filmmaker Focus with John Landis
- A Digital Copy of the film
- Previously released bonus content:
- Deleted Scenes
- Insider Trading: The Making of Trading Places
- Dressing the Part
- The Trade in Trading Places
- Trading Stories
- Industry Promotional Piece
- Theatrical Trailer
– Amazon Commissions Earned –
– commissions earned –
The 2019 film “Knives Out” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 25th, via Lionsgate. The film, written & directed by Rian Johnson, stars Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, and Christopher Plummer. The film has received a great reaction from both critics and filmgoers, in fact, at the time of writing this, it carries a “Certified Fresh” rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include video in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio in HDR10 and Dolby Vision forms of High Dynamic Range with Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include 1080p HD video also in the 1.85:1 aspect and with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting its Blu-ray counterpart, then the Blu-ray getting its DVD counterpart, and each has a digital code (copy) of the film included. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both available for preorder over at Amazon. It is certainly worth noting that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release (pictured below), which is now available or preorder as well.
The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases are listed below.
- Audio Commentary by Writer-Director Rian Johnson, Director of Photography Steve Yedlin, and Actor Noah Segan
- In-Theatre Commentary by Rian Johnson
- Deleted Scene: “Bicycling Accident” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
- Deleted Scene: “Don’t Do Anything Rash” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
- “Making a Murder” Eight-Part Documentary
- “Rian Johnson: Planning the Perfect Murder” Featurette
- Writer-Director and Cast Q&A
- Marketing Gallery
- “Meet the Thrombeys” Viral Ads
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement regarding the home video releases of this film.