The 2018 comedy “Instant Family“ starring Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne is officially coming to Blu-ray Disc on March 5th, via Paramount. The film, directed by Sean Anders, co-stars Isabela Moner, Gustavo Quiroz, Julianna Gamiz, Tig Notaro, and Octavia Spencer. Tech specs for the Blu-ray have yet to be fully detailed, but it should be obvious that you can expect full 1080p video and 5.1 lossless sound. I’ll be updating this as soon as I learn what the tech specs are. The film on Blu-ray will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a DVD and Digital Copy of the film included. There is a pre-order listing for the Blu-ray now over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes
- Introduction by Sean Anders and John Morris
- Gag Reel
- Commentary by director/writer Sean Anders and writer John Morris
- Mr. and Mrs. Fix-It—Behind the scenes with Mark Wahlberg and Rose Byrne
- Kid Power—Meet the talented young cast
- I Need Some Support—Octavia Spencer and Tig Notaro guide a group of parents through the laughter and tears of foster care
- Order in the Court—Inside one of the film’s most heartfelt moments
- The Families Behind the Fair—Hear from real foster families
- Crew Inspiration—Crew members share their own foster care stories
- The Anders Family—The real-life inspiration for the film
- Isabela Moner “I’ll Stay” – Promotional Music Video
- On Set Proposal—A surprising wedding proposal from one crew member to another
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding this release.
The 2018 sequel “Sicario: Day of the Soldado” starring Benicio Del Toro and Josh Brolin is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on October 2nd via Sony. Tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release include full 2160p 4K video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with both Dolby Vision and HDR10 forms of High Dynamic Range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray Disc release include full 1080p HD video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio and Dolby Atmos sound. Both released will come in the form of “combo pack” with the 4K including a Blu-ray, the Blu-ray including a DVD, and both releases including a Digital Copy of the film. The film is available for PRE-ORDER over at Amazon now on both the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray formats. Bonus materials set to be included on the releases are listed below.
- “From Film to Franchise: Continuing the Story”
- “An Act of War: Making Sicario: Day of the Soldado”
- “The Assassin and the Soldier: The Cast & Characters”
It’s also worth noting that retailer Best Buy is showing that they’ll be getting an Exclusive Steelbook release of the film on 4K UHD Blu-ray, and that the release date is earlier: September 25th. I don’t know if this means that they’ll be getting the title a week early or that they’ve just not updated their PRE-ORDER listing for the Steelbook. Just realize the release date could actually be October 2nd, as it should be.
Further below, after the break, you can find the Blu-ray Disc artwork and the official announcement for this release.