Amazon Commissions Earned
The 1983 comedy “Monty Python’s The Meaning of Life“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on September 13th via Universal Studios Home Entertainment, according to multiple retailers. The film, co-directed by Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam, starred the “Monty Python” British comedy troupe members Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.
The tech specs for the release include a 2160p video presentation in the 1.85:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of high dynamic range and DTS:X immersive sound on a BD-100 disc. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart as well as a digital code (copy) of the film [via Movies Anywhere] included.
You cannot yet find the functional preorder for the 4K release over at Amazon but there is a listing available. So, stay tuned to that page or keep trying the link from this post to see when it gets updated. It’s also worth noting that you can find a functional preorder listing for the 4K available over at retailer Target.
The bonus materials set to be included with the release are listed below.
- The Meaning of Monty Python: 30th Anniversary Reunion
- The Snipped Bits
- The School of Life
- 2003 Prologue by Eric Idle
- Show Biz
- Soundtrack for the Lonely
- The Meaning of Making The Meaning of Life
- Educational Tips
- Un Film de John Cleese
- Remastering a Masterpiece
- Song and Dance
- Songs Unsung
- Selling The Meaning of Life
- Virtual Reunion
- What Fish Think
- Feature Commentary with Terry Jones and Terry Gilliam
- Sing-Along Version of the Film
Also, you can find a 4K 2160p video extended preview of the film on YouTube that Universal posted earlier this month as a tease for the upcoming 4K UHD Blu-ray release.
The classic British sketch comedy TV show “Monty Python’s Flying Circus“ will be coming to Blu-ray Disc in the UK (United Kingdom) on October 7th, as revealed today. Distributor Network will be releasing this “Norwegian Blu-ray Edition“ box set, that will be Region Free and play in all countries. The 7-disc box set includes all 45 of the original TV episodes restored and presented in the 1.33:1 aspect ratio (via 1080i HD) with Mono sound. You can now find the Blu-ray box set available to pre-order over at Network‘s website, along with further details about the release (including price). The show, which ran from 1969 through 1974, was created by and starred Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Terry Gilliam, Eric Idle, Terry Jones, and Michael Palin.
Right! Now, HERE you can find a video showing the newly restored video footage in comparison to the original footage. Next, right HERE you can find the final promo video for this release, comprised entirely of newly restored footage. Then, below you’ll get a glimpse at the inside contents of the box set, where you’ll notice it not only has the beautiful plumage (to be expected) but it does, in fact, explode (in a way). There’s even a snazzy book! Don’t just take my word for it though, have yourself a look.
Details about the release itself, as well as the extras and bonus materials set to be included with it are listed below.
- 7 discs featuring all 45 episodes presented series-by-series, for the first time totally uncut and beautifully restored from original film and videotape elements.
- Limited exploding box Norwegian Blu-ray edition
- Each of the four series comes individually packaged with a book by Andrew Pixley (four books in total) detailing an exhaustive episode-by-episode production history.
- Previously unseen outtakes
- Extended scenes and sketches
- Restored-to-full-length sketches including Ursula Hitler, Cartoon Religions, A Book At Bedtime and more.
- Rare promo films
- And more to be announced…
Further below, after the break, you can find some details about this video restoration process that the show has received.