Tag Archives: Gal Gadot
Amazon Commissions Earned
The 2016 Zack Snyder film “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” in the “Ultimate Edition” has been remastered and approved by the director and will be receiving a new 4K UHD Blu-ray release on March 23rd via Warner Archive, according to numerous retailers now. I had been reporting this as a RUMOR thread over on Twitter for a day or so and it’s becoming apparent that I was right. Still, this should be only considered a rumor until the title gets an official announcement from the studio [Warner], Warner Archive, or via Zack Snyder. The remastered version of this film will include the 183-minute “Ultimate Edition” with some color corrections and most importantly the correct 1.43:1 IMAX aspect ratio on those scenes and the shifts to and from the 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
That said, it should come with the very same HDR10 and Dolby Atmos found on the previous 4K UHD Blu-ray release of the film, but nothing as of now has been officially confirmed. You can find the newly restored version of “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition” on 4K UHD Blu-ray available for preorder over at Amazon as well as at retailers Deep Discount and Target, and Walmart. The release will come with just a 4K UHD Blu-ray Disc and a digital code (copy) of the film included. There’s no word if bonus materials will be included with this release of the film or not. Considering that it doesn’t appear to include the Blu-ray, it would mean they would have to all be housed on the 4K disc. So, stay tuned regarding that when this hopefully gets a full official announcement and/or confirmation soon.
UPDATE #2: It’s official. The “Batman v Superman” official Twitter account just shared a video and announced the release date that we all had been seeing and I was telling you from the start. This video is very much work checking out as it will show you how the aspect ratio shift from 2.35:1 to real IMAX 1.43:1 will work. This also confirms some color correction as well. See the tweet here (or embedded below).
Get ready to experience #BatmanvSuperman in a whole new way. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Ultimate Edition available to own on Digital and stream on @hbomax 3/18. Available on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray 3/23. pic.twitter.com/sse4LlZVPX
— Batman v Superman (@BatmanvSuperman) March 4, 2021
EDITORIAL NOTE: This will mark the very FIRST 4K UHD Blu-ray release from Warner Archive if this turns out to be true. It’s pretty obvious that it is, so let’s now consider that Warner’s line of home video releases will include 4K titles in the future via the Warner Archives. I’ll be the first to say welcome to the 4K physical release scene, Warner Archive. And, until further information about this release comes along: “That’s All, Folks!!”
The 2020 film “Wonder Woman 1984” is officially coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray on March 30th via Warner. The film, directed by Patty Jenkins, stars Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Kristen Wiig, Pedro Pascal, Robin Wright, and Connie Nielsen. The tech specs for the 4K UHD Blu-ray include a 4K presentation in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HDR10+ forms of high dynamic range and Dolby Atmos sound. The tech specs for the Blu-ray include a 1080p HD presentation in the 2.39:1 ratio with Dolby Atmos sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” meaning that the 4K will come with its Blu-ray Disc counterpart, the Blu-ray will come with its DVD counterpart, and each will come with a digital code (copy) of the film. You can now find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both are listed as available for preorder over at Amazon. There will also be a 2-film bundle set available on 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray including the first film [“Wonder Woman” (2017)] and this film. These 2-film bundle sets will both be exclusive (it appears) to Amazon. The bonus materials set to be included on the 4K and Blu-ray releases of Wonder Woman 1984 are listed below.
- The Making of Wonder Woman 1984: Expanding the Wonder
- Gal & Kristen: Friends Forever
- Small But Mighty
- Scene Study: The Open Road
- Scene Study: The Mall
- Gal & Krissy Having Fun
- Meet the Amazons
- Black Gold Infomercial
- Gag Reel
- Wonder Woman 1984 Retro Remix
UPDATE #1: It turns out, as most had both expected and hoped for, that retailer Best Buy will be getting an exclusive 4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook release of this film (pictured below) which you can now find available over there for preorder.
UPDATE #2: It seems that there will be a Blu-ray 3D of the film released here in North America and it’s coming the very same day. You can now find that Blu-ray 3D listed as available for preorder over at Amazon and see its cover art pictured below.
Further below, after the break, you can find the full announcement about the home video release of this film.
The “Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 11th via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. This 17-disc box set will include the first 8 movies in the film franchise, listed below.
- The Fast and the Furious (2001)
- 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
- The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)
- Fast & Furious (2009)
- Fast Five (2011)
- Fast & Furious 6 (2013)
- Furious 7 (2015)
- The Fate of the Furious (2017)
Tech specs for the films all include 2160p 4K video with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range (mostly in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio) with DTS:X sound. This will be a “combo pack” set meaning that each film will get its original Blu-ray Disc counterpart with its original bonus materials as well as a digital copy of each film (compatible with Movies Anywhere) included. The first four films will include just the theatrical PG-13 versions while the latter four films will include the extended versions – on the 4K disc. The 4K UHD Blu-ray box set is available to pre-order over at Amazon. The final disc in the set is an exclusive (identical to that found on the 2017 Blu-ray Disc set) and it includes the following bonus materials:
- Fast Cars!
- Back Under the Hood
- Mapping Fast & Furious
- International TV Special
- Justin Lin – Director’s Vault
- A Home in Ruins
- From Pre-Viz to Final
- Shooting in Abu Dhabi
- Jeff Imada: Up Close and Personal
- Cast Favorites
Further below, after the break, you can find a full list of the contents of the upcoming 4K box set.
The 2009 sequel “Fast & Furious“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 11th, via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Justin Lin, featured a cast of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Michelle Rodriguez, Jordana Brewster, John Ortiz, Laz Alonso, Gal Gadot, Jack Conley, Shea Whigham, and Sung Kang. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.40:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The 4K is now available to pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release (on the original Blu-ray) are listed below.
- Original Short Film: Los Bandoleros
- Paul Walker and Director Justin Lin Reveal Behind-the-Scenes Details
- Under the Hood: Muscle Cars and Imports
- Getting the Gang Back Together
- Driving School with Vin Diesel
- Shooting the Big Rig Heist
- Races and Chases
- High Octane Action: The Stunts
- Gag Reel
- Feature Audio Commentary with Director Justin Lin [also on the 4K disc]
- … And More!
The 2011 sequel “Fast Five“ is coming to 4K UHD Blu-ray on June 11th, via Universal, according to an early alert to retailers. The film, directed by Justin Lin, featured a cast of Vin Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Jordanna Brewster, Tyrese Gibson, Ludacris, Matt Schulze, Sung Kang, and Gal Gadot. Tech specs for the 4K release include 2160p video in the 2.35:1 aspect ratio with HDR10 form of High Dynamic Range and DTS:X sound. The release will include both the extended and theatrical cuts of the film and will come in the form of a “combo pack” with a Blu-ray Disc and a digital copy of the film included. The title on 4K is now available for pre-order over at Amazon. Bonus materials set to be included on the release (on the original Blu-ray) are listed below.
- Reuniting the Team
- Deleted Scenes
- Gag Reel
- The Big Train Heist
- A New Set of Wheels
- Dom’s Journey
- Brian O’Connor: From Fed to Con
- Enter Federal Agent Hobbs
- Dom vs. Hobbs
- On Set with Director Lin
- Inside the Vault Chase
- Tyrese TV
- Feature Audio Commentary with Director Justin Lin [also on the 4K disc]
- … And More!
The 2018 computer animated sequel “Ralph Breaks The Internet” is coming to both 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Disc on February 26th, via Disney. The film features the voice talents of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Gal Gadot, Taraji P. Henson, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Alfred Molina, and Ed O’Neill.
Tech specs for the 4K include 2160p video in the 2.39:1 aspect ratio with High Dynamic Range (likely in HDR10, although not specified) with Dolby Atmos sound. Tech specs for the Blu-ray release include 1080p video in the 2.39:1 aspect with DTS-HD 7.1 Master Audio sound. Both releases will come in the form of a “combo pack” with the 4K getting a Blu-ray included, the Blu-ray getting a DVD included, and each getting a Digital Copy of the film. You can find the 4K UHD Blu-ray and Blu-ray both listed over at Amazon to pre-order (for the Blu-ray only so far). It’s also known that retailer Best Buy will be getting an Exclusive Steelbook for the 4K UHD Blu-ray release (pictured below). That can be pre-ordered now.
Bonus materials set to be included on both releases are listed below.
- How We Broke the Internet – Go behind the scenes at Walt Disney Animation Studios to get an in-depth look at how the filmmakers brought a world to life that billions of people visit every day but never actually see – the internet. Take a front-row seat as the team reveals the inspirations for the story and what it took to bring it to the screen. Discover all that went into developing the characters of the film including netizens like KnowsMore as well as characters like Double Dan. See the lengths the team took to create the car chase scenes in Slaughter Race and much, much more.
- Surfing for Easter Eggs – Surf the web for the near-countless Easter Eggs, inside jokes and references hidden throughout the movie.
- The Music of Ralph Breaks the Internet – Take a look at the music of Ralph Breaks the Internet with appearances by Imagine Dragons, Julia Michaels, Alan Menken, Sarah Silverman and more.
- Deleted Scenes – Five deleted scenes with intros from directors Rich Moore and Phil Johnston. Scenes include Into the Internet, Opposites, Domestic Hell, Bubble of One & Recruiting “Grandma.”
- BuzzzTube Cats – Many videos were created by the animators to fill the screens of the Internet world…and lots of them are of cats! Check out the BuzzzTube to watch this hilarious cat compilation.
- Music Videos – “Zero” by Imagine Dragons and “In This Place” by Julia Michaels.
- Baby Drivers – Slaughter Racing School – Take a spin behind the wheel with the artists behind Ralph Breaks the Internet as they go to race car driving school.
Further below, after the break, you can find the official announcement regarding the releases of this film.